Jody and RW

Donn Beach

Re: Jody and RW

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:33 pm
I don't see how 2015 can be #3 Did pick two good players in Clark and Lockett but literally zero after that.
its that pesky analytics

douche

Post by douche » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm

People like to complain about a GM (or coach) that isn't getting it done, but NOBODY is batting 1.000. Nobody. And for those who think that Schneider is not a good GM, consider this... It's Carroll who has final say on EVERYTHING football related in SEA. Everything that is right and wrong with this team is on him. And as I mentioned, I think his shelf life has expired. That being said, suggest a better replacement. Coaches can be a real roll of the dice as well.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:08 pm

douche wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm
People like to complain about a GM (or coach) that isn't getting it done, but NOBODY is batting 1.000. Nobody. And for those who think that Schneider is not a good GM, consider this... It's Carroll who has final say on EVERYTHING football related in SEA. Everything that is right and wrong with this team is on him. And as I mentioned, I think his shelf life has expired. That being said, suggest a better replacement. Coaches can be a real roll of the dice as well.
This is the problem. Everyone is always in a hurry to fire the coach only to find out the guy that replaces him is worse. People just dismiss a track record of success so flippantly after a short period of struggle. I said these same things when everybody was clamoring for Romar to be fired. Look at where that program is at now. Pete is old and can't be around for ever so it makes sense to start thinking about the future but in my opinion what's happening on the field right now is not enough of a reason to fire him.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:23 pm
We all know that the only people who are skilled and experienced at NFL drafting - the true draft experts - are all on this forum. Looking back in hindsight to find the player that is having the most success - and saying that's who you would've taken - is definitely how it's done. No one on here has any idea of the intel crunched or data sifted through or the available talent, to come to a team's drafting conclusion - nor does anyone on here ever factor in the total risk every pick is, or injuries or just the random shit that happens that is completely out of your control - like injuries or ATV cliff diving. people are mad because every single player picked at the bottom of the first round doesn't pan out as a future hall of famer - so JS sucks. Yeah, that's totally reasonable. Even better - no one has any comparable metrics as to how he's done against his constituency - and isn't that important? Someone did that on here a few years ago and it showed JS was top ten - and everyone stopped whining about it for a while. The facts don;t back up the lazy narratives on here. He's been great at roster building, cap management, mid season moves, etc. And yet no one can ever get past McDowell's random stupidity, which is some how JS's fault, and the fact that Carroll's team could never figure out how to properly use Penny when he was actually healthy. Yes, injuries and talent mismanagement is also 100% JS's fault. It's incredible that, only on this forum, the only GM that has ever had draft picks not pan out - is JS. It's almost as if no one factors anything into their thinking other than emotions. The oline sucks - that's on JS! Or, maybe the players he's acquiring aren't even playing their natural positions, you know, like Damian Lewis. No way that would fall on coaching. Gotta be the GM! :lol:

I'll take JS all day. The ones that complain the most are always the ones who do the least amount of research and realistic analysis. it's always "Ohhhhh myyyyy gawwwwd a draft pick didn't pan out!!!!!" The narrow mindedness is baffling. Is JS perfect? Of course not. Is that supposed to be the metric he's measured by? More nonsense. How about - who's better? (cue the crickets). :lol:
LOL so many straw mans in there you could be the Amazon of Scare Crow providers. About a year ago I did an objective analysis of their drafts since 2013 comparing them with three other teams that also drafted near the bottom of the draft and they were dead last and it wasn't close.

You must have missed it or just ignored because it completely destroyed your narrative.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 pm
D-train wrote:
I don't see how 2015 can be #3 Did pick two good players in Clark and Lockett but literally zero after that.
its that pesky analytics
Must have been a horrific year for that Draft overall.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 am

D-train wrote:
There was Mark Glowinski also. But the Seahawks thought he was trash and benched him in 2017 after giving him the starting LG job in 2016. Then they cut him loose.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:43 am

That drunk Scottish guy (forgot his name) who built the 49ers team then joined the Seahawks as scouting director from 2010-2013 probably had as much to do with those drafts as Johnny did. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:56 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:43 am
That drunk Scottish guy (forgot his name) who built the 49ers team then joined the Seahawks as scouting director from 2010-2013 probably had as much to do with those drafts as Johnny did. :lol:
I have much respect for drunk Scottish people especially my wife. lol
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:10 pm

douche wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm
So fire Pete, keep JS and RW and the Seahawks turn it around?

Pete is the easy scapegoat as being old, recently unsuccessful and reported to be head dick in charge. With it looking sketchy as a hell for a awhile now and this year a shit show, there doesn't seem much to lose to fire him. But it's probably more likely he retires than gets fired, given the hands-off ownership.

As for Schneider how the hell can we know how much he's to blame when reportedly Pete has the final say? If it's Pete's fault, then JS is guilty of being a yes man dick sucker - metaphorically speaking. If JS really is acting as a full fledged GM, he's made some bad calls, possibly the most egregious being trading the future for Jamal Adams . I'm skeptical firing Pete and keeping JS results in JS becoming the boy wonder again.

If we assume we can keep RW if want to - do we want to. Early in RWs career it looked like RW was making a structurally weak offense work with his hustle and athleticism. Auro points out that may be failing him. Makes sense actually. The brief Geno Smith era provides an experiment. With Geno in there against a decent pass rush, he looked just horrible, even for a weak backup. The one game he starts against a weak defense, he's dropping dimes all over the place and the Seahawks win easily. So for me, the question is: Is RW worth Franchise QB money if he can't overcome a bad O-line anymore. How did Pete and JS not see this coming?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:39 am
You guys are crazy. Schneider has been a mediocre to bad GM since 2013. And i think it is pretty obvious that he had help in his first three drafts.
I agree. How is this even debatable. He’s been bad. All a normal person has to do is research on drafts and trades. It’s bad.