It could be worse

SeattleAddict

It could be worse

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:26 pm

As awful as this season was, I'd still rather have had this season than be the Cowboys right now.

Those fans are going out of their minds right now.
Dak is blaming the refs for his absolute fuck up. If he's going to run a QB draw, he needs to get down early and hand the ball to the ref. The execution of that play is 100% on him.
McCarthy calling that draw is just idiotic. It gains you almost nothing, and to run it with 13/14 seconds left??? I thought the standard was it takes 12 seconds to spike the ball - how is that supposed to work when you run a play that takes 6 seconds??
Fun fact: Since the Jacksonville Jaguars entered the league in 1995, the Jags and Cowboys have the same amount of playoff wins. Dallas won the SuperBowl in 1995, and only have 4 wins since then.
All of this with consistently one of the most talented rosters in the league.

Don't get me wrong, our season was a dumpster fire... I'm just saying I'm able to just write this one off, where Cowboys fans are going to fester on this like we did when the Stealers robbed us of our first Super Bowl, or probably more accurately, the play call that shall not be mentioned in the last Super Bowl we were in.

D-train

Re: It could be worse

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:26 pm
As awful as this season was, I'd still rather have had this season than be the Cowboys right now.

Those fans are going out of their minds right now.
Dak is blaming the refs for his absolute fuck up. If he's going to run a QB draw, he needs to get down early and hand the ball to the ref. The execution of that play is 100% on him.
McCarthy calling that draw is just idiotic. It gains you almost nothing, and to run it with 13/14 seconds left??? I thought the standard was it takes 12 seconds to spike the ball - how is that supposed to work when you run a play that takes 6 seconds??
Fun fact: Since the Jacksonville Jaguars entered the league in 1995, the Jags and Cowboys have the same amount of playoff wins. Dallas won the SuperBowl in 1995, and only have 4 wins since then.
All of this with consistently one of the most talented rosters in the league.

Don't get me wrong, our season was a dumpster fire... I'm just saying I'm able to just write this one off, where Cowboys fans are going to fester on this like we did when the Stealers robbed us of our first Super Bowl, or probably more accurately, the play call that shall not be mentioned in the last Super Bowl we were in.
Funny, I was just thinking about that but isn't that where we were one year ago today????? Just lost in the first round to an NFC West WC team after a 12-4 season and a Division Title????

Looking forward to a season where we don't have come up with a "At least we aren't....." to feel better about the year.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:51 pm

Is he honestly blaming the ref? First off, they would have had one play to score, no guarantee. Second off, my 14 year old son ran a better no huddle in the 7th grade. THE BALL GOES TO THE REF. The Ref has to set the ball. I mean, did that jack ass honestly think he could just hand the ball to his Center and snap it when ever the fuck he wanted? Was this his first NFL game or something? Biadasz is a second year Center, I can kind of see him not totally getting it, and then again, I can't. They have more than likely run the no huddle in every game they have played this year, and it has always been this way.

Just as bad was when they tried to get cute after the fake punt. They left the punt team out there, thinking they could trick the defense into not subbing, ran a bunch of time off the clock, then ran their offense out there. Which means, DUH, the defense has to be allowed to sub. The ref held up the ball, allowed for the sub, and the Cowboys got a delay of game. They all looked so shocked that it didn't work!

It was a very Seahawk like game. They did so much shit that was just flat out stupid.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm

Do you remember the first or second play of the drive when the Cowboys pulled the hook and ladder. It worked to some extent but why didn't they have the entire left/far side of the field cleared out. They had their other WR run a sideline route along the SAME sideline so the DB covering him was right there to stop the guy that caught the lateral. If they would have just had him go out and cut right and run a crossing route to the near side of the field the entire far side of the field would have been abandoned and he might have even scored!

Man, I don't get how these guys brains work some times.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 pm

well a lot of it is that McCarthy is just an idiot. He is famous for having terrible clock management.

And yeah, Dak blamed the refs. To sum up, he was chastising the fans for throwing things on the field because he thought it was towards him... but when informed they were throwing it at the refs he said "well good for them" or some such. I tried to watch with an objective eye (since I don't want either of those teams to win), and that umpire was hustling and got the ball spotted as quickly as he could, even spotting it a yard or two further than the actual spot. No fault on the refs at all (for that play at least).

As for last year, we all know the Rams have our number. That playoff game was horrid, but not a real shock. They beat us fair and square, just outplayed, outcoached, a butt whoopin' by a rival that historically owns us. Better than having one play to dwell on all off-season, I think.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:55 pm

Dwelling on one play? How are people acting like if they were able to stop the clock they were sure to win??? There would have been 1 second left with them on the 24 yard line. What are the odds of a TD in that situation? 3-4%????
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 pm

I remember reading an article earlier in the season that hinted that McCarthy was the weak link in DAL. I guess he was right.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:44 am

This is every thing I said last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr97EDlN1Ys

The ENTIRE QB offensive line is set up, and not looking for a ref. They gave the ref two options, run around the line, game over, or run through. He did his job, the QB did not. If Dak doesn't get fined for his bullshit statement about the refs than the NFL is a joke. Guy loses thousands for the wrong socks, but Dak can say that shit? Fuck the Cowboys, now I am REALLY happy they lost.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:53 am

So who do you think the Packers wanted to win that game?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:00 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:44 am
This is every thing I said last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr97EDlN1Ys

The ENTIRE QB offensive line is set up, and not looking for a ref. They gave the ref two options, run around the line, game over, or run through. He did his job, the QB did not. If Dak doesn't get fined for his bullshit statement about the refs than the NFL is a joke. Guy loses thousands for the wrong socks, but Dak can say that shit? Fuck the Cowboys, now I am REALLY happy they lost.
That was fantastic by Young, Moss and McFarlane.
dt