It could be worse

SeattleAddict

Re: It could be worse

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm
A losing coach in college, but looks good, is young and energetic...so the idiot Cards make him the man. It's a gimmick offense, and a bit of a gimmick QB. Imagine if Kingsberry didn't have Mahomes in college? Does his offense still look this amazing?

Every year Kyler gets hurt and has stretched where he can't run, and the offense goes to shit. It is like crediting Bevell because Russ's mobility and Beastmode's ability made the read option an unstoppable weapon. Bevell STILL went into the Packers NFCCG knowing that not only could Green Bay not stop the run, but they were TERRIBLE against the read option. So, he slings it all game long and only goes to the read option in the comeback attempt.

These guys and their egos amaze me. Cliff is terrible, Charles Barkley Trrible!
I'll hand it to you, you've hated Kingsbury since as long as I can remember, especially when he started whats-his-name at RB even though he sucked. And you are being proved right more and more. Pretty sure I could run a successful offense with Mahomes, and probably be decent with Murray.

This is why I like Brian Flores. That team was actively trying to tank - they gave him zero talent and he said fuck that and made them competitive. I honestly think he got fired because he was TOO successful and the owner was pissed his tanking plan didn't work.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 pm

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:05 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 pm
Might be some truth to this:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nf ... 82799.html
I found it hilarious that one of their receivers dropped a pass due to the sun shinning through that ridiculous hole in the roof "so God can watch his team"! But, I find it ridiculous that his punter can bounce a kick off his stupid Big Screen TV in the sky, and just get a redo. That said, I wouldn't want the away team to get screwed, so I guess I get it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:07 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:57 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm
A losing coach in college, but looks good, is young and energetic...so the idiot Cards make him the man. It's a gimmick offense, and a bit of a gimmick QB. Imagine if Kingsberry didn't have Mahomes in college? Does his offense still look this amazing?

Every year Kyler gets hurt and has stretched where he can't run, and the offense goes to shit. It is like crediting Bevell because Russ's mobility and Beastmode's ability made the read option an unstoppable weapon. Bevell STILL went into the Packers NFCCG knowing that not only could Green Bay not stop the run, but they were TERRIBLE against the read option. So, he slings it all game long and only goes to the read option in the comeback attempt.

These guys and their egos amaze me. Cliff is terrible, Charles Barkley Trrible!
I'll hand it to you, you've hated Kingsbury since as long as I can remember, especially when he started whats-his-name at RB even though he sucked. And you are being proved right more and more. Pretty sure I could run a successful offense with Mahomes, and probably be decent with Murray.

This is why I like Brian Flores. That team was actively trying to tank - they gave him zero talent and he said fuck that and made them competitive. I honestly think he got fired because he was TOO successful and the owner was pissed his tanking plan didn't work.
I watched him in college some too. All of these signs were there. The odd love affair with Kenyon Drake isn't even half the reason I think he is a terrible coach. Look at the end of the season collapse the last two years. He needs the perfect conditions for his gimmick offense to work. The Division to play for, and they lost down the stretch to the Cowboys and Seahawks and then got curb stomped as the 5 seed by the reeling Rams.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:53 pm

Yep, could have been worse....and it was 7 years ago.
dt