Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post Reply
User avatar
D-train
Posts: 42068
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 pm

I like the first two but pass on a the retread.

https://12thmanrising.com/2022/01/17/se ... norton-jr/
dt

User avatar
douche
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by douche » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 pm

How about this one?

Three moves SEA should not make in the next 2 years.

https://12thmanrising.com/2022/01/15/se ... two-years/

Don't trade out of the 1st round.
Don't re-sign Duane Brown.
Don't let Metcalf go.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 42068
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:51 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 pm
How about this one?

Three moves SEA should not make in the next 2 years.

https://12thmanrising.com/2022/01/15/se ... two-years/

Don't trade out of the 1st round.
Don't re-sign Duane Brown.
Don't let Metcalf go.
Totally agree on all three.
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 am

A few more articles in they talk about FAs the Seahawks should target. #1 is Teron Armstead. The Tackle the Saints took years ago....after we took C Mike. Yep, the team that needed help on the O Line backed up Beastmode instead. Genius.

Here is a few others who went after C Mike.

Travis Kelce
Larry Warford
Tyrann Mathieu
Keenan Allen

So, two O Lineman, a TE, a S and a WR. Think back to those teams, and what did we need more? I know, a guy that never played in college to back up Lynch!

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 42068
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 am
A few more articles in they talk about FAs the Seahawks should target. #1 is Teron Armstead. The Tackle the Saints took years ago....after we took C Mike. Yep, the team that needed help on the O Line backed up Beastmode instead. Genius.

Here is a few others who went after C Mike.

Travis Kelce
Larry Warford
Tyrann Mathieu
Keenan Allen

So, two O Lineman, a TE, a S and a WR. Think back to those teams, and what did we need more? I know, a guy that never played in college to back up Lynch!
And JS is under contract until after I retire.
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:54 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 am
And JS is under contract until after I retire.
Great point, but think back to every article you read about C Mike and that pick. Remember the explosiveness test that Pete came up with and C Mike was apparently off the chart? I remember a TON of stuff written about why Pete wanted C Mike. Not much about why John Schneider, who is the GM but somehow under the Head Coach in the Org Chart on player evaluation since Pete is VP of Player personnel, wanted him.

Could have been mis-reported, but Pete LOVED him some C Mike. Would it really surprise you that Pete saw an offensive toy that he had to have, but couldn't use?

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 42068
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Kick Norton to the curb and 3 possible replacements

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:58 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:54 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 am
And JS is under contract until after I retire.
Great point, but think back to every article you read about C Mike and that pick. Remember the explosiveness test that Pete came up with and C Mike was apparently off the chart? I remember a TON of stuff written about why Pete wanted C Mike. Not much about why John Schneider, who is the GM but somehow under the Head Coach in the Org Chart on player evaluation since Pete is VP of Player personnel, wanted him.

Could have been mis-reported, but Pete LOVED him some C Mike. Would it really surprise you that Pete saw an offensive toy that he had to have, but couldn't use?
Yeah, makes me wonder why JS would stay here given the situation.....
dt

Post Reply