Breaking: Norton to be canned

D-train

Re: Breaking: Norton to be canned

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 pm

Jody definitely made PC fire Norton just like Paul made him fire Bevell and Cable and Richard 10 days after the season ended. So PC has been alternating firing OCs and DCs for about 5 years now for scapegoat purposes. Next fail it needs to be his Ass that goes down....

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/1/18/22 ... en-meeting
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Huskies gave up 40 points a game with him as DC so local hero. :lol: Can't make this shit up.
ed.JPG
ed.JPG (36.34 KiB) Viewed 567 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:01 pm

Here's an interesting shocking little tidbit:
1. Carroll is a defensive coach, first and foremost, having made his name as defensive backs coach and coordinator before becoming a head coach, thought to have always had a heavy say in the defense of any team for which he has been the head coach. Carroll, in fact, was his own DC at USC from 2001-05, then named Nick Holt as DC in 2006 following the Trojans’ memorable collapse to Texas in the national title game. But when Holt left USC for UW in 2009, one perceived reason is that Carroll had continued to call the plays, and Holt wanted to go somewhere he had full control. (When Holt left, Carroll promoted Rocky Seto, who then followed him to Seattle.)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:26 am

I doubt Carroll is calling the plays, or ever has, as HC in Seattle. If that were the case, Bradley and Quinn wouldn't have got head coaching gigs. That said, he is clearly the architect of the defense and controls a lot of things with regard to personnel. I think his philosophy is still viable and relevant though, and with a coordinator that can adopt the methodologies while knowing just which strings to pull for whatever situation arises i think this thing can really take off and get back to where we've been.

How's that for Pete-speak? ;)

:lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:32 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:26 am
I doubt Carroll is calling the plays, or ever has, as HC in Seattle. If that were the case, Bradley and Quinn wouldn't have got head coaching gigs. That said, he is clearly the architect of the defense and controls a lot of things with regard to personnel. I think his philosophy is still viable and relevant though, and with a coordinator that can adopt the methodologies while knowing just which strings to pull for whatever situation arises i think this thing can really take off and get back to where we've been.

How's that for Pete-speak? ;)

:lol:
Just like with the offense, Pete's irrational aversion to giving up plays will limit the options. We shall see how it goes but I would expect a Waldron of the defense.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 am

If Clint Hurtt is promoted I will lose my shit. He is the guy in charge of the D-Line that hasn't produced a pass rush in years and has made so few tackles that we had two LBs in the top 3 in tackles in the NFL. He should've been the first to go, not the first to be promoted.

This job needs to be filled out of house, or the defense will become an outhouse.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 am
If Clint Hurtt is promoted I will lose my shit. He is the guy in charge of the D-Line that hasn't produced a pass rush in years and has made so few tackles that we had two LBs in the top 3 in tackles in the NFL. He should've been the first to go, not the first to be promoted.

This job needs to be filled out of house, or the defense will become an outhouse.
Totally agree but the #1 criteria seems to be that they are one of PCs confidants so limited options. LOL at the article I posted yesterday that suggested we should actually hire someone with some new fresh ideas.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 am

Maybe they could bring Rocky Seto back from the ministry for one final shot at glory.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 pm
Bring back Quinn and promise him heir apparent to Pete.
Exactly this.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:59 am

It's Pete's defense it will always be Pete's defense just like it's Pete's team & will continue to be Pete's team for the foreseeable future.