Wilson heading to the Broncos

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Wilson heading to the Broncos

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:44 am

They need to play for draft position next season. Hopefully Drew Lock will get the job done.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:57 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:44 am
They need to play for draft position next season. Hopefully Drew Lock will get the job done.
true, but I don't think they can. Imagine you're Pete Carroll and just had a 7-10 season, got rid of your HOF QB and HOF LB and THEN go 1-16. You think he'd still be employed? I honestly don't. They have to field a competitive team this year, and a winning one next year to maintain any belief they can do the job. Plus, at 70 years old, I can't see him playing the long game, getting the #1 pick and using that to build a new nucleus.

Now, I'm not saying they have to be Super Bowl contenders this year, but they have to look the part. If they go out and shit the bed, then clearly the problem wasn't RW, it was PC/JS, and Jody Allen picked the wrong pony.

This is what I don't understand about the whole thing - if you're going to have a fire sale, you have to play the long game - building a team for 3-5 years in the future. I just can't see the doing that at 70 years old.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:05 am

Well Jody gave Pete that extension and they just chose him over RW. I'll wager Pete finishes his contract

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:42 am

Eww...just look at this pic of RW hanging out in Broncoville.

I wonder if he uses Estee Lauder Satin Scrotum on his scented ballsack.

It's not sour grapes, but I'm kind of glad his smarmy GQ perfume act is out of here. This team needs to get more blue-collar and down in the trenches. We had a good run with him, but the dude has a fat head and was starting to become a wanker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... d=msedgntp

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:17 am

Here's to hoping for a winless season for both.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed May 11, 2022 10:13 pm

Pretty funny to go back and read the reactions here in the immediate aftermath of the trade - some folks were just absolutely destroyed and the hilarious over reactions followed. Now, a couple months removed, and it's hard for anyone to say this wasn't the correct and smart move. Some people on here were literally saying Seattle "... traded Wilson for drew lock..." Sometimes this place is like The View with it's four angry, overly emotional and bitter hags whining and overreacting. It is comedy gold! "Seattle traded the single greatest player in the history of ALL sports for Drew Lock and some shitty tight end..." Some folks saw the bigger picture value, but those that didn't - comedy gold!

I'm curious who has changed their mind on how they view the trade now.

It seems incredibly appropriate that CringeRUSS is a officially a Donkey, doesn't it?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 12, 2022 12:21 am

auroraave wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:13 pm

I'm curious who has changed their mind on how they view the trade now.

It seems incredibly appropriate that CringeRUSS is a officially a Donkey, doesn't it?
my view has changed - I was shocked to find out the people saying "Russ wants out of Seattle" were right. I was convinced he wanted to stay, and we wanted to stay. Finding out that he initiated the entire thing, and basically lied to our faces, the move was inevitable, and the value we got back is actually quite a bit.

It's a lot likely breaking up with your girlfriend and being heartbroken, until you find out she was cheating on you. You had some good times, yes, but now? Fuck that bitch.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu May 12, 2022 1:13 am

acctingman wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:49 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:47 pm
acctingman wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:43 pm
Speaking of local radio blowhards....has John Clayton eaten crow yet? Used to like that guy, but he's a knob.

Also, Greg Olsen pretty much nailed what we all know. It's the PC show and if you aren't on board, you're gone or you're going to want to leave. Can't wait for Pete to retire, because he'll never be fired.
I heard him on 710ESpN yesterday afternoon and he sounded flabbergasted and stunned that his perceptions of reality were so wrong.
He's a blowhard. He needs to retire too.
this post didnt age any better than John did. :(