D. Watson press conference

SeattleAddict

D. Watson press conference

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:25 pm

Anybody watch this cringe-fest? He said he never assaulted any women (which is understandable) and that he never disrespected any women" How the Hell do you say that? Even if 25 of the 30 women agreed to do whatever, putting your junk in their hands is disrespectful as fuck. You wouldn't do that to a teammate you respected, right? Somebody puts their dick in your hand, you're fighting... ergo disrespectful.

Then the owners get on and say they became very comfortable with him because of the great person he is. He's so community-minded and all.

So thankful we didn't end up with this mess. Can you imagine having to explain yourself because the face of your legendary franchise is clearly a piece of shit?

D-train

Re: D. Watson press conference

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:10 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:25 pm
Anybody watch this cringe-fest? He said he never assaulted any women (which is understandable) and that he never disrespected any women" How the Hell do you say that? Even if 25 of the 30 women agreed to do whatever, putting your junk in their hands is disrespectful as fuck. You wouldn't do that to a teammate you respected, right? Somebody puts their dick in your hand, you're fighting... ergo disrespectful.

Then the owners get on and say they became very comfortable with him because of the great person he is. He's so community-minded and all.

So thankful we didn't end up with this mess. Can you imagine having to explain yourself because the face of your legendary franchise is clearly a piece of shit?
Karma's a bitch and undefeated. Another 55 year SB drought incoming for the Browns. lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:38 am

What was the most head-scratching signing of free agency?

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: QB Deshaun Watson to the Browns. I understand why any team builder would want Watson playing quarterback for them. His past performance and production speaks for itself. But ultimately, the Browns were lured into bidding for the right to a quarterback who still has 22 lawsuits against him alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct. The team's eagerness to give up five draft picks -- including three in the first round -- and $230 million fully guaranteed was a disquieting revelation that will reflect poorly on the franchise for a long time.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:11 pm

douche wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:38 am

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: QB Deshaun Watson to the Browns. I understand why any team builder would want Watson playing quarterback for them. His past performance and production speaks for itself. But ultimately, the Browns were lured into bidding for the right to a quarterback who still has 22 lawsuits against him alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct. The team's eagerness to give up five draft picks -- including three in the first round -- and $230 million fully guaranteed was a disquieting revelation that will reflect poorly on the franchise for a long time.
that sums up my feelings exactly. I think the fully guaranteed contract is what bugs me the most. The league will give him another chance because he's a superstar, but imagine if/when he fucks up again - the league will castrate him. Then what? You're without a QB, can't cut him, have a crippling contract, and you've given him enough money to pay everybody off. They went all-in on a guy with 30+ women currently accusing him of sexual misconduct. What is that saying about your franchise?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:51 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:11 pm
douche wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:38 am

that sums up my feelings exactly. I think the fully guaranteed contract is what bugs me the most. The league will give him another chance because he's a superstar, but imagine if/when he fucks up again - the league will castrate him. Then what? You're without a QB, can't cut him, have a crippling contract, and you've given him enough money to pay everybody off. They went all-in on a guy with 30+ women currently accusing him of sexual misconduct. What is that saying about your franchise?
Did you see his salary for the 1st year is only $1M so if he gets say an 8-9 game suspension he will only lose about $500k or about .2% of his total contract.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:51 am

Did you see his salary for the 1st year is only $1M so if he gets say an 8-9 game suspension he will only lose about $500k or about .2% of his total contract.
of course. It tells me the Browns' "extensive"research involved finding out what the suspension would be, and they purposefully avoided it. It makes any suspension effectively painless for him, which is bullshit. I hope the NFL finds a way to fuck 'em all over. LIke, instead of suspending for 8 games this year, suspend him for 4 games for each of the next 4 years.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:20 am

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/28/jim-t ... tson-trade

Andrea Thome, the wife of former Cleveland baseball player Jim Thome, announced on Twitter that her family canceled their season tickets for Browns games Friday after the team introduced quarterback Deshaun Watson.

“Officially cancelled our Browns season tickets today and asked for a refund as they were paid in full,” she said in the tweet. “Very sad after 40 years as a fan, but this is my line in the sand. I believe women. Especially when there are 22 of them. That press conference did nothing to change my mind.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:03 pm

Deshaun gets 6 game suspension costing him $300k. For reference Trevor Bauer got 2 years costing him $60M. So much for white privilege.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:22 pm

Wasn't he suspended all of last year as well though?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:45 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:22 pm
Wasn't he suspended all of last year as well though?
Nope just didn't want to play for the Texans. At least that is what I read. I didn't confirm that though.
dt