Draft Party (live draft thread)

SeattleAddict

Draft Party (live draft thread)

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:06 pm

Anybody else going to be watching the draft with great anticipation like me? If so, figured I'd start a thread where we can discuss the surprise picks, trades, complain about whatever the Seahawks inevitably do to make us scratch our heads, and get/share information on the picks as they come in.

Draft begins 5pm PT, Seahawks' scheduled pick probably comes around 6:30, but don't quote me (based on 10 mins per pick, but trades mess that up, and won't be exact).

D-train

Re: Draft Party (live draft thread)

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Nice! but you know its starts tomorrow right?

:lol:
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:04 pm

yeah but I'm excited and wanted to give people advance notice... so they could dress up and prepare snacks.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Anybody else going to be watching the draft with great anticipation like me? If so, figured I'd start a thread where we can discuss the surprise picks, trades, complain about whatever the Seahawks inevitably do to make us scratch our heads, and get/share information on the picks as they come in.

Draft begins 5pm PT, Seahawks' scheduled pick probably comes around 6:30, but don't quote me (based on 10 mins per pick, but trades mess that up, and won't be exact).
Its my favorite day of the year! I've got about 30 coworkers, friends, and neighbors coming over for tomorrow's BBQ. Just finishishing hanging the streamers and flags. Our Pastor's grandson Joel Dublanko from our church played for Cincinnati and was a full time starter. He's already had calls from Miami, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. We think he's gonna go in the 5th round tomorrow but you never know. We're so excited for him. :D
Attachments
20220427_181555.jpg

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:45 am

oh look at you with friend n shit :lol:

I'm living out here in the middle of nowhere Oregon so you guys are all I've got as far as talking Seahawks stuff.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:44 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:45 am
oh look at you with friend n shit :lol:

I'm living out here in the middle of nowhere Oregon so you guys are all I've got as far as talking Seahawks stuff.
Hahaha! You're more than welcome at the crib tomorrow if you can make the trek. You're insight to this draft would be most appreciated :D

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:45 pm

I was very stoked for this draft, have been for months. I guess I will have to settle for updates on my phone until after 7:30 when my practice is over. Oh well, I always say how much I love Spring, staying busy, coaching softball.....and then, stuff like this happens.

At least I won't be glued to the TV with anticipation if we do something that makes the entire world slap their forehead! I have high hopes though. Remember, the last time we had a really good draft, it started out with higher first round picks. They can't possibly go all crazy with a pick in the top ten, can they?

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:28 pm

I'll be very surprised if they don't trade down at nine. Other than that, I have zero insight into how this will go. Some F.O. frat buddies will be in the War Room this evening and even though they won't tell me anything, sometimes they send me some fun pics and details after the fact or right when the selection is going down. If I hear anything juicy (Smoo-yay), I'll share it on this thread.

One thing that makes me think they may hold at nine and pick is I got a text from one of those guys last night that simply said, "...as the Beatles sang -Number 9 Number 9 Number 9."

More excited for this draft than any other in many years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:27 pm

maoling wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:28 pm
I'll be very surprised if they don't trade down at nine. Other than that, I have zero insight into how this will go. Some F.O. frat buddies will be in the War Room this evening and even though they won't tell me anything, sometimes they send me some fun pics and details after the fact or right when the selection is going down. If I hear anything juicy (Smoo-yay), I'll share it on this thread.

One thing that makes me think they may hold at nine and pick is I got a text from one of those guys last night that simply said, "...as the Beatles sang -Number 9 Number 9 Number 9."

More excited for this draft than any other in many years.
Have you entered the contest yet????
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:45 pm
I was very stoked for this draft, have been for months. I guess I will have to settle for updates on my phone until after 7:30 when my practice is over. Oh well, I always say how much I love Spring, staying busy, coaching softball.....and then, stuff like this happens.

At least I won't be glued to the TV with anticipation if we do something that makes the entire world slap their forehead! I have high hopes though. Remember, the last time we had a really good draft, it started out with higher first round picks. They can't possibly go all crazy with a pick in the top ten, can they?
Look at the bright side you will be enjoying the fresh air and helping the youth of America while we are on the way to the ER with a concussion after slapping our foreheads!
dt