Charles Cross

SeattleAddict

Re: Charles Cross

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 05, 2022 4:14 pm

I view this season as a lost cause, so if they want to start 9 rookies, I'm good with it. Let's see what they can do and get them experience. We don't have a franchise QB to worry about getting hurt, so I don't really care much.

What this draft told me: 1) they actually believe Lock can do the job, 2) They have similar faith in Barton 3) they do not have the same faith in Stone Forsythe, LJ Collier or Chris Carson's neck.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 05, 2022 6:49 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:14 pm
1) they actually believe Lock can do the job
Oh, you must mean securing a high position in the next draft. :)

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 06, 2022 8:58 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:20 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:48 am
Surprised you guys are cool with with a pair of rookies at left and right tackle and no experience on the roster behind them. Who's depth behind Cross, Greg Eiland? Has he played a snap in the NFL? So go into the season without a left tackle on the roster that's taken an NFL snap. And that's pretty much the same with right tackle too isn't it, okay
So, we are no longer able to sign anyone? Weird, I didn’t know that.
We can only sign Brown. No other options. lol
Sure they can sign someone else, but what's wrong with it being Brown? He is the one that seems like a fit to me

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 06, 2022 9:19 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:14 pm
I view this season as a lost cause, so if they want to start 9 rookies, I'm good with it. Let's see what they can do and get them experience. We don't have a franchise QB to worry about getting hurt, so I don't really care much.

What this draft told me: 1) they actually believe Lock can do the job, 2) They have similar faith in Barton 3) they do not have the same faith in Stone Forsythe, LJ Collier or Chris Carson's neck.
Sure, they can get plenty of experience, but how about someone on the roster that can demonstrate how to do it. In terms of Cross I think Brown could be worth it just for someone to compete against in practice. It's the bpj kind of attitude, he gets handed the job without having to lift a finger to compete for it?

Cross is a critical piece to the future of the club. Having Brown for nothing more than to ride his ass in practice could be significant to his future. Guess it's just me, developing a NFL tackle is a piece of cake, where's the hard part. But if you read who a player credits for being significant to their development, It seems to me they point at veteran teammates. Not sure I've ever heard it being great coaching

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 06, 2022 1:37 pm

Yep, let’s spend salary cap money on an aging vet so that he can block the guy we just used a number one pick on.

1. He isn’t taking less money
2. Probably isn’t signing a one year deal
3. More than likely won’t want to play behind a rookie
4. There are many other spots I would like them to spend this kind of money

Comparing BPJ’s baseball theory to an NFL Salary cap is crazy. A team with holes everywhere you want to spend money on a position we used two selection on early in this draft? We took a LT at 9, and you want to resign some old dude to show him the ropes? Let someone else negotiate with Brown, let someone else watch him limp around and eventually miss half the season.

You want a baseball scenario? Why spend money on a spot you don’t need during a rebuilding year, especially if it is an aging vet that will have ZERO role in the very near future? Especially if it keeps a high draft pick on the sidelines.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri May 06, 2022 4:58 pm

yep. If we had got Lucas but not Cross, I think they would've re-signed Brown. Picking BOTH makes it highly unlikely. Not impossible, as it's possible one or both turns out to not be NFL ready (or God forbid hurt like all our other picks), and they have to make a move.

I am a fan of having a gritty vet to mentor the young guys, but if that guy isn't already on the roster, you rely on your coaches. Blythe and Jackson are vets that can hopefully share some NFL experience at least.

Did you guys see Tannehill say his job wasn't to mentor Willis, and Kurt Warner chimed in and said if any young QBs needed that mentor to call him? Got thinking Drew Lock might want to look into that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 06, 2022 5:57 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:58 pm

Did you guys see Tannehill say his job wasn't to mentor Willis, and Kurt Warner chimed in and said if any young QBs needed that mentor to call him? Got thinking Drew Lock might want to look into that.
Wow, and Hell yes. Lock should get on the horn with Warner ASAP.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Too bad he couldn't have mentored RW in the art of the quick pass.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 07, 2022 1:04 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:37 pm
Yep, let’s spend salary cap money on an aging vet so that he can block the guy we just used a number one pick on.

1. He isn’t taking less money
2. Probably isn’t signing a one year deal
3. More than likely won’t want to play behind a rookie
4. There are many other spots I would like them to spend this kind of money

Comparing BPJ’s baseball theory to an NFL Salary cap is crazy. A team with holes everywhere you want to spend money on a position we used two selection on early in this draft? We took a LT at 9, and you want to resign some old dude to show him the ropes? Let someone else negotiate with Brown, let someone else watch him limp around and eventually miss half the season.

You want a baseball scenario? Why spend money on a spot you don’t need during a rebuilding year, especially if it is an aging vet that will have ZERO role in the very near future? Especially if it keeps a high draft pick on the sidelines.
. The veteran left tackle realizes he may need to accept just a one-year deal to remain on the Seahawks’ offensive line for 2022.

“I’m not opposed to it,” the four-time Pro Bowl and 2012 All-Pro selection said last week at the end of his 14th season in the league, the last 4 1/2 with Seattle.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 07, 2022 3:16 pm

Fine, if a former All Pro wants to sign a cap friendly one year deal to basically be depth? Yippee. I put the likely hood of that somewhere around the Mariners and Seahawks making the playoffs.