Re: Seahawks Undrafted Tracker

Post by D-train » Sun May 01, 2022 4:38 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:59 pm

Sure if they turn into something it's always cool but i'm not looking at these guys now thinking "oh yeah, another hidden gem! They're geniuses!!"
Me either. Its interesting that some UDFAs seems to get more attention than 6th-7th round picks.
I think of UDFAs like the swag bags you get at corporate events. Yeah, you have better quality stuff (draft picks) already, and most of the stuff in the swag bag is useless, but the appeal is the unknown stuff you get for free. You hope there's a diamond in there, or at least a nice pen, but if there's not, nothing lost.

Some former UDFAs: Kurt Warner, Adam Vinatieri, "Night Train" Lane, Warren Moon, Antonio Gates, John Randle, James Harrison
I love a good analogy and that's a good one. :)
dt

Bil522

Re: Seahawks Undrafted Tracker

Post by Bil522 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:38 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm

Me either. Its interesting that some UDFAs seems to get more attention than 6th-7th round picks.
I think of UDFAs like the swag bags you get at corporate events. Yeah, you have better quality stuff (draft picks) already, and most of the stuff in the swag bag is useless, but the appeal is the unknown stuff you get for free. You hope there's a diamond in there, or at least a nice pen, but if there's not, nothing lost.

Some former UDFAs: Kurt Warner, Adam Vinatieri, "Night Train" Lane, Warren Moon, Antonio Gates, John Randle, James Harrison
I love a good analogy and that's a good one. :)
Actually a bit better for the player if you are a UDFA because you are signing a one year deal. Really not much difference with a 7th rounder except the contract they sign locks them in for 4 years