Current status of the RW trade

57reasons

Re: Current status of the RW trade

Post by 57reasons » Fri May 06, 2022 5:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 pm
Seattle used the actual ninth overall pick to select Mississippi State offensive tackle Charles Cross.
I wonder if this will be lost on Russ when after he signs his Mega Deal in Denver they can't pay O Lineman to block for him, oh, and don't have any picks left either!
That had to be the ultimate middle finger to Russ - after saddling him for years with turnstiles the likes of Ifedi and Luke Joeckel, suddenly the minute he departs they grab the best pass blocking Left Tackle AND the best pass-blocking Right Tackle in the same draft !!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 06, 2022 5:40 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 5:23 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Seattle used the actual ninth overall pick to select Mississippi State offensive tackle Charles Cross.
I wonder if this will be lost on Russ when after he signs his Mega Deal in Denver they can't pay O Lineman to block for him, oh, and don't have any picks left either!
That had to be the ultimate middle finger to Russ - after saddling him for years with turnstiles the likes of Ifedi and Luke Joeckel, suddenly the minute he departs they grab the best pass blocking Left Tackle AND the best pass-blocking Right Tackle in the same draft !!!
No kidding. Before we were taking big guys and converting them, hoping to run the ball. Now, with a QB that we probably shouldn't let Cook? We get bookend Tackles from Air Raid offenses! BOTH of which played for Leach, right? Bizarre. The only thing PC and Leach have in common is the State they coached in.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 06, 2022 5:51 pm

Gametime wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:28 pm
Until we see Cross and Mafe play it’s hard to say in my opinion.

Mafe could be a waste like Collier. Or more of a solid to good like Taylor. That’s why I’m waiting.

A bunch of filler players isn’t a win in my opinion. But, there is absolutely a way we win this trade. I’m just waiting.

It will be interesting to say the least. :)
I have a hard time believing when Denver finishes behind KC and LA next year, AND has to pay Russ, AND has no extra money AND has no draft picks, that many people are going to be slobbering all over Elway for mortgaging the farm on a QB one year from his pay day. If they were one player away from the Super Bowl? Maybe, but does anyone think they finish higher than one of the last two playoff spots?

Last year the Bills, Bengals, Titans and Chiefs won the division. Does anyone see them not being early favorites to repeat? Maybe the Ravens collapse late is over looked and they enter the season close to Cincy, but the Bengals made the Super Bowl and added talent.

The next tier? The Patriots and hard charging Dolphins in the East. A Browns team that added Watson. A colts team that was one idiot QB away from being very good added a very capable QB. Think what they had with Rivers only not a decimated QB that can only check down. Then the Raiders and Chargers in their own division.

I just named 11 teams in the AFC that were ahead of them last year, they're QB is coming of a mediocre injured season and the rest of the division added pass rushers and has two of the best young QB in football. So, what? They win 9 or 10 games and battle for one of the last two playoff spots? To me? THAT is the freaking ceiling.

You traded away the future. You do that for a Super Bowl, not the 8 or 9 seed.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri May 06, 2022 9:07 pm

Until we see what cross and Mafe are, hard to say we win or list on this.

Debates on both sides for sure. But, Criss can come in and stink it up. Can’t run block. Has issues with his hand in the crass, etc. Then do we win this trade? No.

It’s a wait and see.

They trade for Fant too, yet sign Dissly to a huge contract.

Too many variable for me to say we won this and Denver lost it. I wasn’t against trading Russ at all. Just have to 100 percent hit on the first and second rounders to win it in my opinion.

It’s a wait and see for me. Especially with Cross and Mafes question marks. Neither are a sure thing. If they bust how does the trade look then. Can’t miss at 9 when you trade your QB.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 pm

Gametime wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:07 pm
Until we see what cross and Mafe are, hard to say we win or list on this.

Debates on both sides for sure. But, Criss can come in and stink it up. Can’t run block. Has issues with his hand in the crass, etc. Then do we win this trade? No.

It’s a wait and see.

They trade for Fant too, yet sign Dissly to a huge contract.

Too many variable for me to say we won this and Denver lost it. I wasn’t against trading Russ at all. Just have to 100 percent hit on the first and second rounders to win it in my opinion.

It’s a wait and see for me. Especially with Cross and Mafes question marks. Neither are a sure thing. If they bust how does the trade look then. Can’t miss at 9 when you trade your QB.
Definitely too early to call but we have a lot of guys AND next years picks to win it and they have one guy.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 pm

Broncos O line finished 19th. I predict we have a better on line than they do in 2022

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021 ... e-rankings
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 5:51 pm
Gametime wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:28 pm
Until we see Cross and Mafe play it’s hard to say in my opinion.

Mafe could be a waste like Collier. Or more of a solid to good like Taylor. That’s why I’m waiting.

A bunch of filler players isn’t a win in my opinion. But, there is absolutely a way we win this trade. I’m just waiting.

It will be interesting to say the least. :)
I have a hard time believing when Denver finishes behind KC and LA next year, AND has to pay Russ, AND has no extra money AND has no draft picks, that many people are going to be slobbering all over Elway for mortgaging the farm on a QB one year from his pay day. If they were one player away from the Super Bowl? Maybe, but does anyone think they finish higher than one of the last two playoff spots?

Last year the Bills, Bengals, Titans and Chiefs won the division. Does anyone see them not being early favorites to repeat? Maybe the Ravens collapse late is over looked and they enter the season close to Cincy, but the Bengals made the Super Bowl and added talent.

The next tier? The Patriots and hard charging Dolphins in the East. A Browns team that added Watson. A colts team that was one idiot QB away from being very good added a very capable QB. Think what they had with Rivers only not a decimated QB that can only check down. Then the Raiders and Chargers in their own division.

I just named 11 teams in the AFC that were ahead of them last year, they're QB is coming of a mediocre injured season and the rest of the division added pass rushers and has two of the best young QB in football. So, what? They win 9 or 10 games and battle for one of the last two playoff spots? To me? THAT is the freaking ceiling.

You traded away the future. You do that for a Super Bowl, not the 8 or 9 seed.
Elway been phased out, outside consultant now
.John Elway is now an “outside consultant” for the Broncos, confirming @mikeklis report.

Elway’s five year contract as president of football operations expired after this past year, but he will remain connected w/Broncos as outside consultant.

Transition happens immediately.
8:22 AM · Feb 28, 2022

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 07, 2022 3:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 pm
Broncos O line finished 19th. I predict we have a better on line than they do in 2022

Yep, and everyone jizzes all over themselves about their weapons. Russ had better weapons last year, and one of the stud Bronco pass catchers was traded here.

The love for this move by the media floors me. At best they sneak into the playoffs and get torched...in the second round at the latest, and probably on the road WC weekend. Then they get to deal with Russ and his agent negotiating a new deal in Social Media and on talk shows.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 07, 2022 6:30 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:24 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 pm
Yep, and everyone jizzes all over themselves about their weapons. Russ had better weapons last year, and one of the stud Bronco pass catchers was traded here.
The love for this move by the media floors me. At best they sneak into the playoffs and get torched...in the second round at the latest, and probably on the road WC weekend. Then they get to deal with Russ and his agent negotiating a new deal in Social Media and on talk shows.
I'm of the same mind as Mike Salk. In 2022, I'll have two favorite teams. The Seahawks and whoever is playing the Broncos. I do not want RW to get hurt, but I want him to suck and be laughably unsuccessful in Denver.

If we are making predictions, I predict RW will come out of the gate blazing. He's gonna have a renewed sense of urgency to prove he is elite, Denver made the right decision and the fans should love him. Somebody is going to throw out the phrase "MVP" at least once. Then it's going to unravel.

douche

Post by douche » Sat May 07, 2022 10:23 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 5:23 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Amazing.

I spoke to a DEN fan today, and he thinks that RW will make them better. But he didn't like the idea of RW's next big payday.

He also thinks Lock can be successful in SEA. But then, how many times have we seen players struggle with the transition to the NFL? Should be interesting.