Bob and Jude draft analysis

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Bob and Jude draft analysis

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue May 03, 2022 12:33 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:27 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:34 pm
So what is the difference between outside LB and an end rusher in the 3-4 D they are planning to run? I see that Mafe is listed as a LB but Taylor, Robinson, and Smith are listed as DE,s despite being the same size.
Good question. The depth chart I just looked at had Taylor, Mafe, Robinson and Smith all listed as "Edge". And it had two different Edge spots with a DT, and NT and then another DT, with a Will and a Mike backer, but no other LB. So, not sure it can be trusted! LOL
That sounds more accurate than what i was looking at, which was rosters from the Seahawks' website and ESpN. So what is the difference between the two systems, is it just where the players will line up?

Michael K.

Re: Bob and Jude draft analysis

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 03, 2022 12:49 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:33 am

That sounds more accurate than what i was looking at, which was rosters from the Seahawks' website and ESpN. So what is the difference between the two systems, is it just where the players will line up?
I honestly think that the way we used to play our 4 - 3 Defense was really just Pete's twist on the 3 - 4. Red Bryant was a DE, and then we played Clemons as the Leo. So, a stand up guy as one outside pass rusher, and a big run stuffer as the other DE. But now? Teams like the Chargers have Bosa and Ingram as Outside guys, lining up all over the place, and calling it a 3 - 4.

Honestly? The different now seems to be does the end put his hand on the ground. If so, it's a 4 - 3. If not? It's a 3 - 4. That is horribly over simplifying it. But I really don't see a ton of differences. We played Taylor as a backer a lot this year. What is really going to change?