Top Billin' Kenneth Walker

SeattleAddict

Re: Top Billin' Kenneth Walker

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:51 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 am
Curt Warner will always be my favorite RB and this guy reminds me of him with his shiftiness.
Yeah, I loved Curt, and he was always my favorite, until Beast. There haven't exactly been a ton of greats. Chris Warren was decent, I guess. I always thought that Waters was just a guy Holmgren loved way too much and kept Alexander on the sidelines too much, then Alexander got paid and got soft. So, yeah, it was still Curt. I will never forget his first carry, went for about 70 yards. BUT, he got caught from behind and didn't score, and IIRC, didn't even run for 100 that game. No run of Warner's created an Earthquake or made Patrick Peterson look stupid, so I have to give the nod to the guy that should have been the Super Bowl MVP of the second of back to backs for us.
Warner and Beast were great, and they are two of my favorites as well, but you're both wrong. It's Dan Doornink, all day long, and it isn't even close.

33 for ROH!!!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am

When I think of Curt Warner I think of the 1984 season actually when they played without him. That really was a special season

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Thu May 12, 2022 4:46 am

I was totally against this pick. I am still. But, I’m not going to lie I am excited to see him play. He will be fun. Certainly can’t trust Penny and Carson.

Sure will be fun.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am
When I think of Curt Warner I think of the 1984 season actually when they played without him. That really was a special season
They very well might have won it all that year with a legit running threat. Very Seattleish type luck to lose him that season, and in a totally avoidable way.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 12, 2022 9:04 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 am
Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:51 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 am
Curt Warner will always be my favorite RB and this guy reminds me of him with his shiftiness.
Yeah, I loved Curt, and he was always my favorite, until Beast. There haven't exactly been a ton of greats. Chris Warren was decent, I guess. I always thought that Waters was just a guy Holmgren loved way too much and kept Alexander on the sidelines too much, then Alexander got paid and got soft. So, yeah, it was still Curt. I will never forget his first carry, went for about 70 yards. BUT, he got caught from behind and didn't score, and IIRC, didn't even run for 100 that game. No run of Warner's created an Earthquake or made Patrick Peterson look stupid, so I have to give the nod to the guy that should have been the Super Bowl MVP of the second of back to backs for us.
Warner and Beast were great, and they are two of my favorites as well, but you're both wrong. It's Dan Doornink, all day long, and it isn't even close.

33 for ROH!!!
That's my last name so I was obviously a fan. Warner not Beast. LOL So Curt, Kurt and now Fred. Three good ball players.
dt