Oh Boy its on!

Donn Beach

Re: Oh Boy its on!

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 13, 2022 2:29 pm

And Pete can always make it interesting. Seems to me, if the RBs perform it could be the kind of team he likes, see if he can squeeze out some wins. No more sharing credit with RW

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 2:44 pm

Think about the New guys on the team that will play significantly I think they are all upgrades other than Lock

Oline
Lucas
Cross
Blythe

Skill
Walker
Fant
Melten

Dline
Mafe
Harris
Smith
Jefferson

LBs
Uchenna Nwosu
Joel Iyiegbuniwe

DBs
Bryant
Woolen

and then the injured guys that will be back

Adams
Brown
maybe Carson

and the Defensive Coaching staff and Scheme massively better.

We might be pretty damn good.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 13, 2022 3:26 pm

I don't think I'd call Lucas and Cross upgrades initially. Cross is replacing a probowler. I know the faith you put in rookies, but to expect a pair of them to perform better than a pair of veterans I think is asking a lot

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Fri May 13, 2022 4:06 pm

5-12

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm

If there is seriously anyone left on planet earth that has not yet figured out the NFL is nothing more than the WWE - this ridiculous match up should be a wake up call. The manufactured drama leading up to this 'game' will be intolerable and should be insulting to any real football fan. This is soap opera level embarrassing. "Cringe" perfectly describes this on so many levels. The predictable "grudge match" narratives will be forced down everyone's throat ad nauseum and Troy and Joe will push the predictable and embarrassing narratives. The NFL is jumping the shark in week one for the sake of ratings - exactly like all scripted drama television shows. I've said it before - this league has not been about football for a long time. is there anyone that doesn't think this manufactured drama is ridiculous? The ultimate facepalm. Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing.
Last edited by auroraave on Fri May 13, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:44 pm
Think about the New guys on the team that will play significantly I think they are all upgrades other than Lock

Oline
Lucas
Cross
Blythe

Skill
Walker
Fant
Melten

Dline
Mafe
Harris
Smith
Jefferson

LBs
Uchenna Nwosu
Joel Iyiegbuniwe

DBs
Bryant
Woolen

and then the injured guys that will be back

Adams
Brown
maybe Carson

and the Defensive Coaching staff and Scheme massively better.

We might be pretty damn good.
There's going to be a learning curve for this team, and while I don't expect a winning record, I expect growth and assimilation. These guys will be hungry - and the beauty is Seattle still has a monster draft next year. If Seattle can glean 250 yards from the QB position, basically duplicating the stats which led to Seattle's greatest successes - this team sure could be feisty. If Lock or Geno can read and throw and minimize turnovers, I think the offense will be just fine - which is Wilson's greatest fear - that he is replaceable. Read and throw will also cut down on all those crushing third down, drive-killing sacks Wilson was so fond of. And still another draft to go to bolster the roster and grab a QB if necessary. One of my idiot Bronco fan buddies already bought the Wilson jersey. #cringeRUSS

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 13, 2022 7:09 pm

Our “pro bowl” left tackle the last 2 years was straight ass.

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm
If there is seriously anyone left on planet earth that has not yet figured out the NFL is nothing more than the WWE - this ridiculous match up should be a wake up call. The manufactured drama leading up to this 'game' will be intolerable and should be insulting to any real football fan. This is soap opera level embarrassing. "Cringe" perfectly describes this on so many levels. The predictable "grudge match" narratives will be forced down everyone's throat ad nauseum and Troy and Joe will push the predictable and embarrassing narratives. The NFL is jumping the shark in week one for the sake of ratings - exactly like all scripted drama television shows. I've said it before - this league has not been about football for a long time. is there anyone that doesn't think this manufactured drama is ridiculous? The ultimate facepalm. Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing.
Sad but true.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:09 pm
Our “pro bowl” left tackle the last 2 years was straight ass.
Yeah I have to think the best pass blocking LT in the country who was charged with blocking the monsters on the D lines of the Alabama's Georgia's and LSU's is going to be better than a 37 yo was last season.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat May 14, 2022 1:06 am

D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am
I still am taking the under for 6 wins.
How much???? I will bet any amount of money we will win at least 7
:shock:

Gonna have to think about that one.