Oh Boy its on!

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Oh Boy its on!

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:53 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:17 am

But no way this team makes 7 wins. Not even fathomable.
They play Atlanta, Detroit, Giants, Jets and Panthers. That's 5 of the worst teams in the league. Assuming we don't suck WORSE than them, they'd only have to pull off two other wins, which in the NFL is almost a guarantee. Even the most awful teams win a couple, and this team isn't that bad. It really puts in perspective how bad the oddsmakers think we'll be - the over/under is 5.5 wins, and we play 5 patsies. Damn.

All of it hinges on QB and whether Hurtt is an upgrade over Norton. I have very little confidence in Lock, and still think Geno beats him out. With Geno, I think we're a 7-8 win team, which is almost worst case scenario. With Lock, we might be 4 wins or 11, depending how he does.

I just watched the Titans game from week 2, when Henry ran for like 200 yards in the second half. Bobby had 20 some tackles and was everywhere, and we still gave up 600 yards and a bunch of points, but kept holding them to field goals. That bend- but-don't-break thing is just infuriating.
And thats where I have them, 5. Maybe a 6 if they have an upset. And even then, I can see Detroit and the Jets playing us tough. Neither one of those teams is going to roll over for us like Atlanta or Carolina, who may even surprise us. I have no faith in Drew Lock, as you can see.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun May 15, 2022 8:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm
Wait, I thought the NFL schedule makers primary motivation was hate of the Seahawks. LOL. Btw a business trying to make their product as intriguing as possible to increase interest and create as many customers as possible is called marketing and is one of the pillars of capitalism. I don't see a problem with it.
By JOSH DUBOW
The Associated Press
When the NFL schedule makers started to dig in after the Super Bowl on putting together the complex puzzle of a 272-game schedule, Tom Brady had just retired, Russell Wilson was in Seattle and the free-agent frenzy hadn’t even started. blah, blah, blah...
Did someone say the NFL's primary motivations was hate of the Seahawks? I missed that. If it happened, it was hyperbole.
This chuckle head "how the sausage is made" piece is proof they give zero fucks whether any of their decisions effect a team disproportionately. Auro's WWE comparison is also confirmed as valid.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:54 pm
D-train wrote:
Wait, I thought the NFL schedule makers primary motivation was hate of the Seahawks. LOL. Btw a business trying to make their product as intriguing as possible to increase interest and create as many customers as possible is called marketing and is one of the pillars of capitalism. I don't see a problem with it.
By JOSH DUBOW
The Associated Press
When the NFL schedule makers started to dig in after the Super Bowl on putting together the complex puzzle of a 272-game schedule, Tom Brady had just retired, Russell Wilson was in Seattle and the free-agent frenzy hadn’t even started. blah, blah, blah...
Did someone say the NFL's primary motivations was hate of the Seahawks? I missed that. If it happened, it was hyperbole.
This chuckle head "how the sausage is made" piece is proof they give zero fucks whether any of their decisions effect a team disproportionately. Auro's WWE comparison is also confirmed as valid.
The NFL desperately needs to be able to market Wilson and the Donkeys - Seattle is an after thought this year - and that is more important to the league than a fair game and a Seattle win. Expect all the breaks to go Denver's way. This is not about football - the NFL is about theater and marketing. Nothing more.
Here is an idea. Save the conspiracy theories for the Politics forum.

Scheduling marquee matchups in prime time has gone on since Monday night football was was invented. Can't fathom all of a sudden getting upset about it now.

And why someone would continue to follow the NFL and regularly post an NFL forum when they think the league is a joke is beyond me.

So let me get this fucking straight. The SEAHAWKS traded their franchise QB but the NFL is supposed to be nice and gentle and considerate to us and not schedule the super Mean Broncos the first game of the season so we have time to get our shit together before we play them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't make that shit up. Most snowflake take in the history of this forum. :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 15, 2022 9:29 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:51 pm
Ok I will give you the "significantly" was over the top. I think this team will be better and might sneak into the playoffs 2010 style.
I'm gonna wait until the 53-man rosters are set before I go gambling on their win total.

Ok, I'll say it, I think you're selling Pete short. I do think he can squeeze wins out of a team so let's say this is the test. I don't believe he put the team together to go under.500 so let's see.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun May 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 pm

And thats where I have them, 5. Maybe a 6 if they have an upset. And even then, I can see Detroit and the Jets playing us tough. Neither one of those teams is going to roll over for us like Atlanta or Carolina, who may even surprise us. I have no faith in Drew Lock, as you can see.
I also have no faith in Drew Lock, but I think he'll suck so bad he doesn't get the starting job. At some point, they'll start him (assuming Geno doesn't take them to 5-0 or something), because they want to see what he can do, but I haven't seen any evidence that he can be 'the guy'. He's had plenty of opportunity, and got progressively worse. If he had just not shown improvement, that'd be one thing, but he literally got worse and worse AND couldn't beat out Teddy Bridgewater, whom I consider to be the perfect gatekeeper of the position - good enough to be an NFL QB, but not good enough to get you to the playoffs. Remember that everybody keeps raving about the Broncos' roster, but Teddy only led them to 7-10, and Lock was not even THAT good.

All that said, I DO, however, believe in the parody of the NFL, that any team can beat any team on a given Sunday. With that, the Seahawks should pull off a couple upsets that nobody thinks they should. It's hard to predict - I would not be surprised to see them go 4-13, nor would I be surprised to go 9-8. Way too may variables right now to know.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 15, 2022 9:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:29 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:51 pm
Ok I will give you the "significantly" was over the top. I think this team will be better and might sneak into the playoffs 2010 style.
I'm gonna wait until the 53-man rosters are set before I go gambling on their win total.

Ok, I'll say it, I think you're selling Pete short. I do think he can squeeze wins out of a team so let's say this is the test. I don't believe he put the team together to go under.500 so let's see.
You know I am not a big PC fan but yeah, I don't see a world that he doesn't eek out at least 7 wins in 17 games.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 15, 2022 9:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:17 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:04 am
By all means replace brown and shell in the draft, but that's not the same as getting improved oline performance coming out of the gate playing a pair of rookies. We will see how the line looks. I will eat crow if there is no need for excuses, they need time to get up to speed with the NFL game
This will be a great case study to see if the gap between the SEC and NFL is bigger or smaller than AAA and the major leagues. I can see it if Lucas struggles coming from the Pac 12 but will be shocked if Cross doesn't at least hold his own.
That was one thing with the PC quote, lumping them together, there is a big talent gap between Cross and Lucas. Now an terms of Cross, I think he does hold his own, he is the most NFL ready tackle in the draft. But what we are debating is improved play. I think there is a simple way to rate that. Brown put up a 72.4 pff rating last season, can Cross do better? That was based on a shaky first half but a great second half as I understand it.

I would think that's right in the wheelhouse anyway. I mean for Cross to have a decent rookie season. And it probably turns on how much he struggles at run blocking. But that's my point, I don't think you're talking improved play as much as hoping for comparable play out of left tackle.

Now in terms of Lucus, that guy sounds like a lot more of a work in progress. In fact I wouldn't be flabbergasted if the other guy starts, what's his name.

Couple items on Lucus...
Lucas' size, length and raw athletic ability offer some upside as a developmental tackle, but he will have a steep learning curve in the NFL, with his technique from the ground up needing to be retooled.
From seagulls
.Lucas is a safe but not sexy pick at 72; he does not possess a particularly high ceiling. However, he will walk in on day one and be a starter for this team. At his peak he projects to be a slightly below average to average starting tackle
If Lucas is the day one starter I think there is a learning curve. So between both Cross and Lucas being your starters I don't see a lot of initial upside in terms of improved tackle play

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun May 15, 2022 10:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 pm
trharder wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:54 pm
D-train wrote:
The NFL desperately needs to be able to market Wilson and the Donkeys - Seattle is an after thought this year - and that is more important to the league than a fair game and a Seattle win. Expect all the breaks to go Denver's way. This is not about football - the NFL is about theater and marketing. Nothing more.
Here is an idea. Save the conspiracy theories for the Politics forum.

Scheduling marquee matchups in prime time has gone on since Monday night football was was invented. Can't fathom all of a sudden getting upset about it now.

And why someone would continue to follow the NFL and regularly post an NFL forum when they think the league is a joke is beyond me.

So let me get this fucking straight. The SEAHAWKS traded their franchise QB but the NFL is supposed to be nice and gentle and considerate to us and not schedule the super Mean Broncos the first game of the season so we have time to get our shit together before we play them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't make that shit up. Most snowflake take in the history of this forum. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gets triggered.
Has meltdown.
Wants imaginary "conspiracy theory" conversation - that apparently exists only in his mind - taken to the politics forum.
Completely misrepresents conversations between other posters.
Argues with himself about misrepresented conversations - things literally NO one said.
THEN...
Calls another poster's take "the most snowflake in the history of this forum." :lol:
Can't make that shit up, indeed :P :P :P

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon May 16, 2022 12:04 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:17 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:04 am
By all means replace brown and shell in the draft, but that's not the same as getting improved oline performance coming out of the gate playing a pair of rookies. We will see how the line looks. I will eat crow if there is no need for excuses, they need time to get up to speed with the NFL game
This will be a great case study to see if the gap between the SEC and NFL is bigger or smaller than AAA and the major leagues. I can see it if Lucas struggles coming from the Pac 12 but will be shocked if Cross doesn't at least hold his own.
That was one thing with the PC quote, lumping them together, there is a big talent gap between Cross and Lucas. Now an terms of Cross, I think he does hold his own, he is the most NFL ready tackle in the draft. But what we are debating is improved play. I think there is a simple way to rate that. Brown put up a 72.4 pff rating last season, can Cross do better? That was based on a shaky first half but a great second half as I understand it.

I would think that's right in the wheelhouse anyway. I mean for Cross to have a decent rookie season. And it probably turns on how much he struggles at run blocking. But that's my point, I don't think you're talking improved play as much as hoping for comparable play out of left tackle.

Now in terms of Lucus, that guy sounds like a lot more of a work in progress. In fact I wouldn't be flabbergasted if the other guy starts, what's his name.

Couple items on Lucus...
Lucas' size, length and raw athletic ability offer some upside as a developmental tackle, but he will have a steep learning curve in the NFL, with his technique from the ground up needing to be retooled.
From seagulls
.Lucas is a safe but not sexy pick at 72; he does not possess a particularly high ceiling. However, he will walk in on day one and be a starter for this team. At his peak he projects to be a slightly below average to average starting tackle
If Lucas is the day one starter I think there is a learning curve. So between both Cross and Lucas being your starters I don't see a lot of initial upside in terms of improved tackle play
Jake Curhan

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 16, 2022 12:35 am

I thought the issue was ignoring the Seahawks, now we are pissed with them being on MNF?