Oh Boy its on!

Donn Beach

Re: Oh Boy its on!

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 14, 2022 1:12 am

I can imagine a team that harkens back to a more traditional PC approach, defense and running the ball. Once again it could turn on the ability of the line. Call me sceptical that a line starting a pair of rookies at tackle is going to come out of training camp running like a swiss watch

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 14, 2022 2:51 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm
If there is seriously anyone left on planet earth that has not yet figured out the NFL is nothing more than the WWE - this ridiculous match up should be a wake up call. The manufactured drama leading up to this 'game' will be intolerable and should be insulting to any real football fan. This is soap opera level embarrassing. "Cringe" perfectly describes this on so many levels. The predictable "grudge match" narratives will be forced down everyone's throat ad nauseum and Troy and Joe will push the predictable and embarrassing narratives. The NFL is jumping the shark in week one for the sake of ratings - exactly like all scripted drama television shows. I've said it before - this league has not been about football for a long time. is there anyone that doesn't think this manufactured drama is ridiculous? The ultimate facepalm. Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing.
I was thinking the same thing. What's worse is the Seahawks are the narritive's scripted loser of this grudge match. We know what they'll be saying about RW. Half of which is true. What do they have for the Seahawks build up? Pete? A 70yo Boomer? The 12th Man? That hasn't been a thing for at least 5 years. The emotional fan part of me hopes this FU to the Seahawks will spark a renaissance of the earth quake causing - eardrum shattering-crowds of the past. It probably won't be this game though at tickets being over $300 for the upper bowl. Just about any other time would have been better for this. Seahawks might not get another shot for a long time. If I try hard to take a positive, maybe this will instill a sense of urgency for Pete and the coaches, or face utter shame.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 14, 2022 3:14 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:12 am
I can imagine a team that harkens back to a more traditional PC approach, defense and running the ball. Once again it could turn on the ability of the line. Call me sceptical that a line starting a pair of rookies at tackle is going to come out of training camp running like a swiss watch
Yeah, the interior of the line still sucks so i wouldn't expect the Seahawks to be imposing their will on anyone anytime soon, even if Cross and Lucas both turn out to be studs right away.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat May 14, 2022 3:46 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:51 pm
auroraave wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm
If there is seriously anyone left on planet earth that has not yet figured out the NFL is nothing more than the WWE - this ridiculous match up should be a wake up call. The manufactured drama leading up to this 'game' will be intolerable and should be insulting to any real football fan. This is soap opera level embarrassing. "Cringe" perfectly describes this on so many levels. The predictable "grudge match" narratives will be forced down everyone's throat ad nauseum and Troy and Joe will push the predictable and embarrassing narratives. The NFL is jumping the shark in week one for the sake of ratings - exactly like all scripted drama television shows. I've said it before - this league has not been about football for a long time. is there anyone that doesn't think this manufactured drama is ridiculous? The ultimate facepalm. Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing.
I was thinking the same thing. What's worse is the Seahawks are the narritive's scripted loser of this grudge match. We know what they'll be saying about RW. Half of which is true. What do they have for the Seahawks build up? Pete? A 70yo Boomer? The 12th Man? That hasn't been a thing for at least 5 years. The emotional fan part of me hopes this FU to the Seahawks will spark a renaissance of the earth quake causing - eardrum shattering-crowds of the past. It probably won't be this game though at tickets being over $300 for the upper bowl. Just about any other time would have been better for this. Seahawks might not get another shot for a long time. If I try hard to take a positive, maybe this will instill a sense of urgency for Pete and the coaches, or face utter shame.
What makes this even worse is Seattle is in a complete transition phase and won't have the luxury of one real game for everyone, including the new coaches, to acclimate to each other. Seattle is starting almost from zero - the most disadvantaged position possible, as the best unit on the field all day will be the Denver defense. All signs point to a donkey win - and they probably should. A Denver loss would be devastating for the donkeys and the league as they cannot promote Wilson as robustly if they lose this game - this really is a playoff-type game for Wilson - lose this and the optics are BAD - and the NFL cannot have that - they need to be able to promote the "new look Donkeys" prime times games. I expect some bad calls and a couple Seattle turnovers to be the difference, but the positive side is there is no pressure on Seattle - they will be motivated and feisty, so an upset is not out of the question. If Seattle's defense can hold their own and Seattle can get the running game in high gear - they have a chance. My god that would be the most satisfying win since our old grudge match wins over the 9ers and Kap. If this game was later in the season when out QB room was settled and experienced and our offense was more seasoned - we'd have a better chance. Making this the first game is a 'fuck you' to Seattle.

The NFL desperately needs to be able to market Wilson and the Donkeys - Seattle is an after thought this year - and that is more important to the league than a fair game and a Seattle win. Expect all the breaks to go Denver's way. This is not about football - the NFL is about theater and marketing. Nothing more.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat May 14, 2022 4:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:01 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:23 am
The schedule, on paper, seems really positive for the Seahawks, actually.
  • get the Broncos distraction out of the way
  • 9 home games, and 1 of the away games is a neutral site (Germany)
  • Cardinals while D-Hop is still suspended
  • Falcons, Lions, Saints and Giants in the first half of the season, opportunities to get some W's and confidence
  • 4 of final 5 games at home. If they're in the mix at that point, chance to make a run.
It's kind of a shame this all lined up the season our roster sucks.
Other than QB our roster is significantly better and our D coaching staff is 10x better
When did you get those Seahawk-colored, overly optimistic glasses?? Significantly better? There is no WAY we can say that. Yes, the rookie class looks like it has potential, but EVERY rookie has potential, then roughly 70% of them flame out. So, if we hit the jackpot again and get 3 or 4 all pros, then sure, but that's fantasy land 99% of the time.

In addition to QB, we lost a first ballot HOF MLB, the guy that made all the defensive calls. We lost a potential HOF left tackle. Both were Pro Bowlers last year. We also lost our veteran right tackle, our far-and-away best CB, starting center, best pass rusher, starting TE, and two more DEs that took a lot of snaps. I might throw Carson in there, too - assuming he's done, we lose our best RB, too. That is a LOT to replace with unproven rookies to say we're even AS GOOD, much less BETTER, and a far cry from SIGNIFICANTLY better. Other than Nwosu, I don't think any free agent signings are impact players, much less upgrades. Blythe might be a slight upgrade IF he has anything left.

So, we lost our best O-lineman, our best D-lineman, our best TE, our best CB, our best LB, and we just tossed aside the "other than QB", where to use Madden ratings, in the most important position on he field we went from a 95 to a 70 (I know Madden ratings don't mean anything, but using it to emphasize the huge drop here). The QB makes players better or worse - with that kind of drop off, do you think Lockett and DK will look better or worse?

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 14, 2022 6:59 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:46 pm
What makes this even worse is Seattle is in a complete transition phase and won't have the luxury of one real game for everyone, including the new coaches, to acclimate to each other. If this game was later in the season when out QB room was settled and experienced and our offense was more seasoned - we'd have a better chance. Making this the first game is a 'fuck you' to Seattle.
The way to announce Seattle's disapproval would be to have Ciara's ex, Future, do the National Anthem. Followed by Golden Tate raising the 12th man flag. Followed by Mashawn recklessly driving a golf cart with Momma Lynch, nearly running over the Bronco bench. Lumen would go bat shit crazy.

The only person who could okay this would be Jodi Allen. If I had her number, I'd make the case.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 14, 2022 7:15 pm

DENVER BRONCOS (-4) AT SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (41)
Russell Wilson’s revenge game opened shorter than most expected, with a defensive struggle anticipated in the lowest total for Week 1. Pete Carroll may have finally landed the running back he needs to put his team over the top, but that doesn’t make up for almost a touchdown discrepancy based on PFF’s power rankings. The only way this game should be Denver minus-4 is if home-field advantage is worth three points in Seattle. That seems a bit heavy, even for kickoff night highlighted by Russell Wilson’s return. This could be Seattle’s Super Bowl for 2022, with key numbers lingering lower.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 14, 2022 7:46 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:00 pm
In addition to QB, we lost a first ballot HOF MLB, the guy that made all the defensive calls. We lost a potential HOF left tackle. Both were Pro Bowlers last year. We also lost our veteran right tackle, our far-and-away best CB, starting center, best pass rusher, starting TE, and two more DEs that took a lot of snaps. I might throw Carson in there, too - assuming he's done, we lose our best RB, too. That is a LOT to replace with unproven rookies to say we're even AS GOOD, much less BETTER, and a far cry from SIGNIFICANTLY better. Other than Nwosu, I don't think any free agent signings are impact players, much less upgrades. Blythe might be a slight upgrade IF he has anything left.
So, we lost our best O-lineman, our best D-lineman, our best TE, our best CB, our best LB, and we just tossed aside the "other than QB", where to use Madden ratings, in the most important position on he field we went from a 95 to a 70 (I know Madden ratings don't mean anything, but using it to emphasize the huge drop here). The QB makes players better or worse - with that kind of drop off, do you think Lockett and DK will look better or worse?
Bobby was one of the best, but he was tailing off. He was a sure tackler last year, but he no longer made big plays.
Duane Brown was old AF. It was just time.
Brandon Shell was just a guy. Currently still a FA.
We lost DJ Reed to a 3yr $33mill deal. The Seahawks originally claimed him off waivers.
I don't even know who the center was.
Who was this pass rusher - Dunlap?
Gerald Everett was inconsistent on a good day and single handedly lost us a game.

The 2021 team was old and uninspired. A hypothetical status quo 2022 Seahawk team would have been no better and likely worse.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 14, 2022 8:53 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:46 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:00 pm
Bobby was one of the best, but he was tailing off. He was a sure tackler last year, but he no longer made big plays.
Duane Brown was old AF. It was just time.
Brandon Shell was just a guy. Currently still a FA.
We lost DJ Reed to a 3yr $33mill deal. The Seahawks originally claimed him off waivers.
I don't even know who the center was.
Who was this pass rusher - Dunlap?
Gerald Everett was inconsistent on a good day and single handedly lost us a game.

The 2021 team was old and uninspired. A hypothetical status quo 2022 Seahawk team would have been no better and likely worse.
Good points. Interesting how so many of the 2021 team are still FAs. I guess Green finally signed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... seahawks//
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat May 14, 2022 9:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am
I still am taking the under for 6 wins.
How much???? I will bet any amount of money we will win at least 7
Thats tempting!