Super Bowl XLVIII on NFL Network right now

SeattleAddict

Super Bowl XLVIII on NFL Network right now

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed May 18, 2022 5:10 pm

just in case anybody online wants to relive a happier time.

ddraig

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII on NFL Network right now

Post by ddraig » Thu May 19, 2022 4:56 pm

Yeah, watched it last night. A good, old-fashioned ass whupping!

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm

watching XL now. The calls were as bad as I remembered, but damn our guys kinda left a lot out there, too. Jeremy Stevens dropped a couple passes, DJack didn't bother trying to get his feet inbounds - all big plays - then #99 (Rocky Bernard???) pulls a hammy on what should have been a pick-6, trips up Kelly Herndon, and Brown misses two FGs (both of which probably go in if they were a few yards closer).

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm
watching XL now. The calls were as bad as I remembered, but damn our guys kinda left a lot out there, too. Jeremy Stevens dropped a couple passes, DJack didn't bother trying to get his feet inbounds - all big plays - then #99 (Rocky Bernard???) pulls a hammy on what should have been a pick-6, trips up Kelly Herndon, and Brown misses two FGs (both of which probably go in if they were a few yards closer).
Of all the calls, the one that made me most believe the fix was in the fourth quarter when they snapped it on third and short about three seconds after there was 00 on the play clock. They could NOT throw the ball. The clock should have stopped, it should have brought up third and long, and an obvious punt. The back to back off sides on Hagens that didn't get called pissed me off too. One was a hold on Locklear, the other the INT that resulted in a low block call and the trick play TD for Pitt. Bullshit game. Now I am pissed off just thinking about it.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Of all the calls, the one that made me most believe the fix was in the fourth quarter when they snapped it on third and short about three seconds after there was 00 on the play clock. They could NOT throw the ball. The clock should have stopped, it should have brought up third and long, and an obvious punt. The back to back off sides on Hagens that didn't get called pissed me off too. One was a hold on Locklear, the other the INT that resulted in a low block call and the trick play TD for Pitt. Bullshit game. Now I am pissed off just thinking about it.
lol I decided I wasn't going to get pissed off, and try to watch unemotionally and unbiased. Kind of therapy, if you will.

The low block on Hasselbeck was the ultimate to me. That was just so absurd, there is no justification or explanation for it. The offensive PI was secondary to that, as that was definitely the ref from Pittsburgh that threw that bullshit.

There were a bunch of injuries that really screwed us, too. We were down to a 3rd or 4th string safety I didn't even remember. If you played significant time in a Super Bowl for the Seahawks and I don't remember you, you HAD to be far down the depth chart. They really took advantage of that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:51 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm

lol I decided I wasn't going to get pissed off, and try to watch unemotionally and unbiased. Kind of therapy, if you will.

The low block on Hasselbeck was the ultimate to me. That was just so absurd, there is no justification or explanation for it. The offensive PI was secondary to that, as that was definitely the ref from Pittsburgh that threw that bullshit.

There were a bunch of injuries that really screwed us, too. We were down to a 3rd or 4th string safety I didn't even remember. If you played significant time in a Super Bowl for the Seahawks and I don't remember you, you HAD to be far down the depth chart. They really took advantage of that.
Yeah, Erict Pruitt was certainly not the guy we hoped to have back there. If Kenny Hamlen could have kept himself out of a street fight, maybe we win that game?