8. Woolen
9. Smith
10. Young
dt

SeattleAddict

Re: Rookie Starters

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 19, 2022 4:16 pm

my prediction:

Cross and Lucas day 1 starters... Cross for sure, Lucas probably, but they might also throw Curhan out there if they're focused on running. 70/30 on Lucas.
Walker won't start unless Penny and Carson are hurt... which is roughly 75%. If Carson isn't back, I expect Walker to be the starter by the end of the season, though.
Mafe will immediately be part of the rotation, but the way they shuttle in pass rushers, who is to say who the starter is, or even what difference it makes. I would assume Nwosu starts opposite Taylor, if they have the same position (still not clear on who plays where in this new 3-4)
Similar with Coby Bryant. There's like 8 CBs on the roster that all seem like #2 guys to me. I see another situation like last year, where they try all kinds of different terrible combinations. If they don't sign a veteran, I think he starts.
No other rookies start, unless you count special teams.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 pm

I am excited for Bryant. Agree with your list, and how about having our draft seem to line up with positions that have an impact!? OT, Edge Rusher, CB. Yes, they drafted a RB, and it can be debated whether they should have or not, but he was the best back in college last year. We didn't take a small school RB because we felt smart, we didn't take a DT and list him as Edge, we didn't draft a MLB. Tackle, Edge, CB. And it sounds dumb coming from me, but I like the RB. Again, I never said don't use a pick on a RB, I just hated using our first pick on a RB, when we had other needs. C Mike and Rashaad Penny were bad picks as the player was over selected and we had other needs. Fuck, with C Mike we had Beast AND Turbin! With Penny we had Carson coming off a big season, IIRC and Mike Davis. BOTH of those early round picks were third stringers most if not all of their rookie years. Poor evaluation on the part of the Organization.

I don't think that will hold true this year. C Mike never did shit in college and Penny didn't really face the kind of competition that would have him ready to go his rookie year. Neither is the case, IMO, here.

douche

Post by douche » Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 pm

I think it will be interesting to see if Walker can supplant Penny.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 pm
I am excited for Bryant. Agree with your list, and how about having our draft seem to line up with positions that have an impact!? OT, Edge Rusher, CB. Yes, they drafted a RB, and it can be debated whether they should have or not, but he was the best back in college last year. We didn't take a small school RB because we felt smart, we didn't take a DT and list him as Edge, we didn't draft a MLB. Tackle, Edge, CB. And it sounds dumb coming from me, but I like the RB. Again, I never said don't use a pick on a RB, I just hated using our first pick on a RB, when we had other needs. C Mike and Rashaad Penny were bad picks as the player was over selected and we had other needs. Fuck, with C Mike we had Beast AND Turbin! With Penny we had Carson coming off a big season, IIRC and Mike Davis. BOTH of those early round picks were third stringers most if not all of their rookie years. Poor evaluation on the part of the Organization.

I don't think that will hold true this year. C Mike never did shit in college and Penny didn't really face the kind of competition that would have him ready to go his rookie year. Neither is the case, IMO, here.
Just looked at my list again. So you agree that Smith will have the 7th and 9th biggest impacts? LOL I wondered how they got a 10th pick! Ha
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 20, 2022 3:07 am

Terms of Henderson, he seems high on Bryant, might be the most NFL ready of the bunch

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Cross and Lucas will probably get the most playing time but will struggle. I agree that Bryant is the most ready, but if Penny and/or Carson are healthy how much PT will he get? Sounds like Mafe will come off the bench. Bryant could win a starting job but there's a lot of competition there with veteran CBs. So who the fuck knows?

Just thought i'd vomit out my 2 cents worth.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 20, 2022 2:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 pm

Just looked at my list again. So you agree that Smith will have the 7th and 9th biggest impacts? LOL I wondered how they got a 10th pick! Ha
TBH? I kind of stopped reading it after Mafe.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri May 20, 2022 3:59 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 pm

TBH? I kind of stopped reading it after Mafe.
the rest of us stopped reading after "D-train wrote"

j/k :lol: