Penny already in midseason form

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Penny already in midseason form

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:50 pm
Come on, what's the point of pushing anything that could possibly lead to an injury in an OTA. There is nothing to be gained by risking injury in an OTA, an actual NFL game is something else entirely.
What's the point of sprinting in OTAs even? Why do anything that might lead to an injury? With regard to games, there is a higher reward if the player can go but you are risking more if they get hurt. I think Carroll even expressed frustration today (or yesterday) with these players not being in the best shape.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:35 pm

The point is to familiarize the players with the systems they will be running, have a link to where he is frustrated? I haven't heard of hamstring issues being a function of a lack of conditioning

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:57 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:35 pm
I haven't heard of hamstring issues being a function of a lack of conditioning
Really? So, in your expert opinion, a guy that sat on the couch for months before camp is going to have the same risk of pulling a hamstring as the guy that was preparing for camp activity?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Well the last thing I am is some sort of expert but yeah. I'm thinking it's more about prepping immediately before a workout than what you did weeks ago, stretching or whatever. I hadn't thought of a guy with bad hammie as being out of condition, if anything it be over conditioning

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:26 pm
Well the last thing I am is some sort of expert but yeah. I'm thinking it's more about prepping immediately before a workout than what you did weeks ago, stretching or whatever. I hadn't thought of a guy with bad hammie as being out of condition, if anything it be over conditioning
Whatever they are doing they need to do the opposite. I have never pulled a hamstring in my life. These guys seem to do it more than they brush their teeth.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 pm

But that's the thing, I'm contending they are not pulling hammies, they are attempting to not pull hammies. I thinking they are being overly cautious, but again, that's just a guess

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 pm
But that's the thing, I'm contending they are not pulling hammies, they are attempting to not pull hammies. I thinking they are being overly cautious, but again, that's just a guess
I know that they aren't pulling them but there is obviously some abnormal discomfort. Even that is weird given it happens to so many guys just running around on the field.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:08 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 pm
When they feel tightness that means they have pulled something, however small the degree. I'm pretty sure if they were feeling that way between games they would sit out practice.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:15 pm

Lost in all this bickering is that Penny got through the OTA without any [serious] injury!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:23 pm

Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries Injuries'

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/tr ... ining-camp
dt