Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Donn Beach

Re: Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm

The referendum, which resulted in a $300 million public share of a $430 million overall price tag for the stadium, passed in June 1997. Allen’s purchase of the team was completed in September 1997 for $194 million. The stadium opened in the summer of 2002
And good ol' Paul, may he rest in peace made out like a bandit

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:20 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm
The referendum, which resulted in a $300 million public share of a $430 million overall price tag for the stadium, passed in June 1997. Allen’s purchase of the team was completed in September 1997 for $194 million. The stadium opened in the summer of 2002
And good ol' Paul, may he rest in peace made out like a bandit
$194M or about $50M less than RWs next contract.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:01 pm

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm

Thanks for posting that. :)
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:30 pm

yeah I thought it was prudent to this thread.

It feels a lot like the "we're not looking to trade Russ" talks to me... you know, "we're not for sale... BUT...."

I am fine with selling, I just hope she's smart enough to not fall for a Clay Bennett type scheme.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Doesn't sound like she's selling for awhile.

Which is good, because I couldn't stand the thought of something along the lines of Browns ownership. Or Detroit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:27 pm

Yeah the thing that stunk about Carzano's story for me was "what just changed" If their was a time limit set to sell, it would have been public very shortly after his death or even before it. So what new info suddenly surfaced 3.5 years after his death that only Carzano found out about? Nothing obviously.
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:38 pm

Just as an aside, most of you guys know that Paul was a couple years ahead of me at our WSU frat, along with Bert Kolde, Mike Flood and some of the other honchos with the Hawks. They are and were all good guys; Paul bought insurance from me in the early '80s, when he sure didn't need to and even gave my first wife a job as his personal administrative assistant when he formed Asymetrix. Paul eventually bought the property that our old, condemned, torn-down and defunct frathouse sat on and then built a state of the art house in the '90s to recolonize our chapter. This all came out of his genuine generosity, and it was quite a gift to the next generation of Phi Kaps.

Paul passed in October 2018. In May 2019, we had a fraternal memorial for Paul at VMAC during a mini or rookie camp. They told us at that time that it was the intent of Paul's Estate (i.e. Jody) to divest his ownership and holding of our frat and that at some point, it would be up to the alumni to maintain. I never really understood why, because the cost of maintaining the house and paying the property taxes seemed like it was an amount so comparatively tiny to his estate, they could have found the money in his old sofa cushions.

Nonetheless, that was three years ago and to date nothing has been done regarding a sale of The House That Paul Built. So this has been in the wind awhile now, and maybe when our frat is sold by his estate, it will be a harbinger of more, much bigger moves to come, like the sale of the Hawks, for example.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:08 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:27 pm
Yeah the thing that stunk about Carzano's story for me was "what just changed" If their was a time limit set to sell, it would have been public very shortly after his death or even before it. So what new info suddenly surfaced 3.5 years after his death that only Carzano found out about? Nothing obviously.
Not quite true. The estate was set up to eventually liquidate everything, but there was a lot of stuff... now the easily liquidated stuff has been sold off. The Seahawks and Blazers are the big-ticket items in the super-sized garage sale, and bills are coming due. You know how the "media" (and I use that term loosely any more) is these days - gotta be the first to get the scoop, and this story was coming down the pipe. It might be 6 years away, or it might be weeks, but it is coming. If I had to guess, they want to see how this rebuild goes, which means either 1 year from now or 3 years from now, and I think the Blazers will go first.