Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Sibelius Hindemith

Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 25, 2022 4:14 pm

Hearing rumblings to that effect on ESpN 710. Don't have time to research it right now though. Also sounds like NBA will award expansion teams to Seattle and Vegas. Anyone want to bet which one will post a winning record and make the playoffs first?

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 pm

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 25, 2022 6:49 pm

Complete and utter horseshit piece by that guy.
Insiders expect the Blazers to be positioned for auction in the next 6-18 months. The Seahawks could follow shortly after,
Yeah I expect I could be positioned to be the next President of Turkey in the next 6-18 months too. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post a complete clickbait article and then fill it chock full of possiblys maybes might be's and could be's tantamount to a weatherman saying there is a 50% chance of partly cloudy skies tomorrow.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 25, 2022 7:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:49 pm
Insiders expect the Blazers to be positioned for auction in the next 6-18 months. The Seahawks could follow shortly after,
Yeah I expect I could be positioned to be the next President of Turkey in the next 6-18 months too. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post a complete clickbait article and then fill it chock full of possiblys maybes might be's and could be's tantamount to a weatherman saying there is a 50% chance of partly cloudy skies tomorrow.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed May 25, 2022 7:30 pm

not really clickbait - I believe Paul Allen's estate actually required a sale of the assets, so it has been a given for a while. As long as we don't get a call from Clay Bennett, it's all good.

I want to hear more about the NBA expansion franchise, though. I haven't watched an NBA game since the Sonics were stolen, and basketball was easily my #1 sport. I'm still THAT bitter about it.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 pm

D-train wrote:

I like how he gives a time span broad enough and far enough away that no-one will care enough to pay attention that long and will have forgotten about his article by the end of it. :roll:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 25, 2022 8:11 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:30 pm
not really clickbait - I believe Paul Allen's estate actually required a sale of the assets, so it has been a given for a while. As long as we don't get a call from Clay Bennett, it's all good.

I want to hear more about the NBA expansion franchise, though. I haven't watched an NBA game since the Sonics were stolen, and basketball was easily my #1 sport. I'm still THAT bitter about it.
If you haven't watched the NBA since they left you will be sorely disappointed IF the Sonics ever return. I was forced to watch the first quarter of the Heat Celtics game on Monday at a restaurant. With 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter the score was 17-1. Not joking. I didn't know a single guy on the court.

I think people have this romantic nostalgic delusion that we will instantly have the mid nineties Sonics back when in reality it will be a half dozen expansion pick scrubs, a few Eastern Europeans from the Baltics or Balkans and a bunch of one and done punks cobbled together playing the complete shit brand of hoops that is the NBA today. They can do that an call that band of fools the Sonics but that won't remotely change the fact that the real Sonics are gone forever.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 pm
D-train wrote:

I like how he gives a time span broad enough and far enough away that no-one will care enough to pay attention that long and will have forgotten about his article by the end of it. :roll:
:!: :!: :!:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 26, 2022 3:05 am

It's been speculated for quite awhile the blazers being up for sale, never saw that about the hawks. Don't believe there is a requirement to sell anything, it be up to Jody

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 26, 2022 10:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:05 am
It's been speculated for quite awhile the blazers being up for sale, never saw that about the hawks. Don't believe there is a requirement to sell anything, it be up to Jody
Yeah that makes no sense. Prepare a will which ensures your Sister inherits everything but then make sure she sells it all to some stranger within a set time??? I swear these "writers" just pull shit out of their asses because they know there is no accountability or fact checking.
dt