Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

D-train

Re: Jody getting ready to sell Hawks & Blazers?

Post by D-train » Fri May 27, 2022 6:31 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:52 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:01 pm
how are you picking those quotes but ignoring this one:

“None of this is up in the air,” the source told Canzano. “The instructions are clear: The sports franchises and everything in the trust must be sold.”

That's the key point - it's not a matter of 'if' it's 'when'. It's probably going to happen in the next 5 years or so, and my guess would be in the next 2-3. You can't say that about every franchise. You think Jerry Jones has rumors like this?
Yeah, this is really the key to it all. Amazing how some folks skip the most important element in the article so they can have a 'hot take.' :lol:
Jodi may be positioning herself for a majority or minority stake - that is another key element. It's a shame that Condotta literally cut and pasted Canzano's substack article without even bothering to try and get any statements from Vulcan, Allan or the team to get more clarity. Just more word salad. God forbid that hack do any kind of actual reporting. That's just an embarrassingly poor "effort".
Ok what is your brilliant explanation as to why she hasn't put it up for sale in 3.5 years but suddenly now has to sell within the the next three years?

This guy that wrote this is exactly the type of hack you shredded about 15 times as clickbait if he would have wrote about rumors on RW getting traded (Which btw turned out to be true :shock: ) but now he is some highly principled investigative journalist because it fits your purposes. :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 27, 2022 7:16 pm

Get a quote from Jody about what? The story is about the Blazers
The month after his death, NFL.com reported that “while no sale is imminent, the expectation is that the team ultimately will be sold” and that Allen had filed a succession plan with the league that included the directive that the Paul G. Allen Foundation would be the beneficiary of any proceeds from a sale
At some point the hawks will be sold, I'm willing to bet on it

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:16 pm
Get a quote from Jody about what? The story is about the Blazers
The month after his death, NFL.com reported that “while no sale is imminent, the expectation is that the team ultimately will be sold” and that Allen had filed a succession plan with the league that included the directive that the Paul G. Allen Foundation would be the beneficiary of any proceeds from a sale
At some point the hawks will be sold, I'm willing to bet on it
Yeah no shit. And at some point the pricks that own the Mariners will finally sell. Now that would be some news that I give a fuck about.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri May 27, 2022 11:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:42 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:01 pm
how are you picking those quotes but ignoring this one:

“None of this is up in the air,” the source told Canzano. “The instructions are clear: The sports franchises and everything in the trust must be sold.”

That's the key point - it's not a matter of 'if' it's 'when'. It's probably going to happen in the next 5 years or so, and my guess would be in the next 2-3. You can't say that about every franchise. You think Jerry Jones has rumors like this?
Lol Its been 3.5 YEARS and they still aren't for sale. So he says it will happen in the net "few" years? So did Paul put in his will everything must go within 6.5 years???? Why would there be a time limit? He's dead. He probably doesn't care much if it 4 or 6 or 10 years. I call BS.

Jerry Jones is still alive.
Maybe you should look into it a bit before calling BS. She doesn't even OWN the Seahawks. Paul Allen's trust does, and she is executor and trustee of his estate, pursuant to his instructions (copied from Wikipedia). Paul Allen's instructions were to eventually liquidate the assets and that money was to go to his favorite charities.

Did he put a timeline in there? I don't know... but it would make sense if he did, so it didn't go on infinitum.

The actual reason it'll happen in the next few years is that the estate is running out of money. Now, "running out" is a relative thing, but she has sold off what she could, and the major sellable assets in the estate left are the sports teams (this is oversimplifying, as there are several smaller assets, but not the big ones). I could see maybe selling the Trail Blazers to facilitate a purchase of a stake in the Seahawks or vice versa, but they WILL be for sale.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 28, 2022 1:29 am

quote].
The actual reason it'll happen in the next few years is that the estate is running out of money. Now, "running out" is a relative thing, but she has sold off what she could, and the major sellable assets in the estate left are the sports teams (this is oversimplifying, as there are several smaller assets, but not the big ones). I could see maybe selling the Trail Blazers to facilitate a purchase of a stake in the Seahawks or vice versa, but they WILL be for sale [/quote]
Link?

This is why I don't think she is spending her nights trying to disect the hawk defense, bigger fish to fry

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 28, 2022 1:54 am

Article on the process of unwinding the estate, it's a slow complicated process.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/201 ... utType=amp

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:24 am

If anybody needs to sell its the Hawks so Grandpa & Sonny Boy can be on their marry way.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 28, 2022 6:56 pm

Breaking: Kam Chancellor to buy the Seahawks! :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 28, 2022 6:57 pm

Oh wait, I'm now being told that he might buy them as part of a larger group within the next 17 years. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 28, 2022 8:21 pm

Hope Kam doesn't waste his whole summer waiting by the phone. LOL
dt