Here we go again. DK skipping Mini camp

D-train

Here we go again. DK skipping Mini camp

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:46 pm

dt

Captain 97

Re: Here we go again. DK skipping Mini camp

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:08 pm

I would trade him. Get yourself a third first round pick for next season. All signs point to them pounding the rock anyway so why the heck would you want to tie up a bunch of money in both Lockett and Metcalf?

Lockett, Goodwin, Swain, Eskridge, Fant, Dissley. There are enough reasonable options there for the amount of times that they will be throwing it. Keep Metcalf around and there will inevitably be squawking about him not getting enough targets.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:03 pm

Fantastic leader!!! Way to go DK.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:33 am

Wow, a CB with ball skills???
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:33 am
So, you don’t think any other Corner we have had has ever looked like that in that drill? Or it just wasn’t posted on Twitter. These guys are NFL players, the best of the best of the fucking best. Catching a lobbed ball in a drill? I imagine we had several LBs who can do that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:33 am
So, you don’t think any other Corner we have had has ever looked like that in that drill? Or it just wasn’t posted on Twitter. These guys are NFL players, the best of the best of the fucking best. Catching a lobbed ball in a drill? I imagine we had several LBs who can do that.
I guess I am just used to watching Adams drop multiple picks that my dogs could have caught in their mouths.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:05 pm

I guess I am just used to watching Adams drop multiple picks that my dogs could have caught in their mouths.
And yet, he would probably excel in this drill. Even with the two middle fingers fused.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:01 pm

From the article you posted.
Adams revealed that he not only had surgery on the labrum on his left shoulder but also had surgery to fuse the two middle fingers on his left hand. Adams demonstrated to reporters that he’ll never be able to fully extend the fingers again

“But you know, it is what it is,’’ Adams said. “For the love of the game.’’

The hope is the surgeries will finally solve chronic injuries he’s had during two seasons with the Seahawks since coming over from the Jets in a trade in July, 2020.

“Been going through that for two years now,’’ Adams said of the fingers. “I mean, my first year when I got here, dislocated my ring finger probably about 10 times and the other one, probably about 12. So I’ve been dealing with that. I didn’t really say much. Let everybody talk about it, whatever. But you know, it’s good now and they’re in trouble.’’

But the combination of the injuries, Adams said, meant “I played with one arm damn near for two years. But that’s no excuse. At the end of the day it was tape it up. Let’s go.’’

But Adams indicated he has no limitations now, saying when asked what he can do on the field “everything.’’

“I’m feeling good,’’ he said. “Just going to take it day to day and obviously be ready for training camp.’’

Both of the team’s star safeties had been away from the team rehabbing in recent weeks as the Seahawks held OTAs (Organized Team Activities).
All Pro in three of his five years, All Rookie team in one of the other and injured the next. Yet somehow? He stinks and we should have kept McDougald. I posted it earlier, I will take Adams and the kid from Cincy over the guys the Jets took and McDougald.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:15 pm

I don't think he stinks but the drops have been mind numbing. Maybe it was the fingers...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:15 pm
I don't think he stinks but the drops have been mind numbing. Maybe it was the fingers...
I am sure the fingers and the shoulder don't help. He is also a DB...might be that he doesn't have great hands and that is why he plays Defense? Factor in all of that? I still think he is going to be fine, and in two years we are going to be solid.