Post by D-train » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:40 pm

Yes agree but PC is a dummy.
dt

Gametime

Re: Here we go again. DK skipping Mini camp

Post by Gametime » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:20 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:15 pm
I don't think he stinks but the drops have been mind numbing. Maybe it was the fingers...
Didn’t hardly get ints in New York. He doesn’t have good hands. They are even worse now because of the fingers.

Dude gets hurt with the wind blowing. Shoulder,fingers, groin, hammy etc. Now constant shoulder injuries. Dude is damaged goods. Overpaid and underwhelming.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Gametime wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:20 am

Dude gets hurt with the wind blowing. Shoulder,fingers, groin, hammy etc. Now constant shoulder injuries. Dude is damaged goods. Overpaid and underwhelming.
The wind blowing? Have you ever watched him play? Jesus dude, your hatred is so fucking odd. If that guy hit you the way he hits in games, your entire family would die. No one that plays the game the way he does and has shoulders and fingers dislocate did it because the wind blew. Is it concerning? Sure, I would say any athlete with the injuries he has that plays the sport that he does, the way he does? He will be an injury concern. But my fucking God man, watch the game. We bitch and moan about guys playing with low effort and energy, then we get a guy that throws his body around like a projectile, gets hurt because of it, so you hate on him for that?

You should just sign all of your posts "Jamal Adams killed my dog", because there is really no other explanation for your hatred.

Every injury above is an NFL injury. Guys have come back from them, just as they have not come back from them. It took Thomas Rawls one injury to be ruined. I suppose you were in here hating on him constantly? Alexander needed one contract to become a guy that couldn't take a hit. There is a long list of guys that were not tough. Yet you bitch about the guy that is playing with one arm and two fingers that are fused straight. :o :shock:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:00 pm
Gametime wrote:

The wind blowing? Have you ever watched him play? Jesus dude, your hatred is so fucking odd. If that guy hit you the way he hits in games, your entire family would die. No one that plays the game the way he does and has shoulders and fingers dislocate did it because the wind blew. Is it concerning? Sure, I would say any athlete with the injuries he has that plays the sport that he does, the way he does? He will be an injury concern. But my fucking God man, watch the game. We bitch and moan about guys playing with low effort and energy, then we get a guy that throws his body around like a projectile, gets hurt because of it, so you hate on him for that?

You should just sign all of your posts "Jamal Adams killed my dog", because there is really no other explanation for your hatred.

Every injury above is an NFL injury. Guys have come back from them, just as they have not come back from them. It took Thomas Rawls one injury to be ruined. I suppose you were in here hating on him constantly? Alexander needed one contract to become a guy that couldn't take a hit. There is a long list of guys that were not tough. Yet you bitch about the guy that is playing with one arm and two fingers that are fused straight. :o :shock:

hahaha - this is such a great response. I swear there are 2-3 posters on here who take out all of life's frustrations by raging at PC/JC and any players. It's ALL they ever do is complain and whine. It's both comical and sad. You know the actual football IQ on a forum is low when people cannot figure out how these gladiators can possibly get injured playing an extremely physical contact sport, while criticizing an all-pro safety with broken fingers and a torn labrum for "not catching more passes." Makes it hard to log on here much.

I can only imagine how pissed off he would get when his favorite boxer gets punched in the face and breaks his nose and bleeds because... he 'got hurt with the wind blowing." :lol: :lol: :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:29 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:18 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Gametime wrote:

hahaha - this is such a great response. I swear there are 2-3 posters on here who take out all of life's frustrations by raging at PC/JC and any players. It's ALL they ever do is complain and whine. It's both comical and sad. You know the actual football IQ on a forum is low when people cannot figure out how these gladiators can possibly get injured playing an extremely physical contact sport, while criticizing an all-pro safety with broken fingers and a torn labrum for "not catching more passes." Makes it hard to log on here much.

I can only imagine how pissed off he would get when his favorite boxer gets punched in the face and breaks his nose and bleeds because... he 'got hurt with the wind blowing." :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a feeling it might get even harder......... :lol:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:38 pm

auroraave wrote:

Yeah, I hate the old tired internet argument of "you couldn't do better", but to complain about Jamal Adams' injuries like he is fragile? Seriously. I remember Bob Sanders back in the day for the Colts. The guy was ALWAYS hurt, and was celebrated for the way he threw his body around. He was a difference maker when on the field, but that was often limited. Jamal flies around the field like his hair is on fire, and some guy behind a keyboard thinks he gets hurt when the wind blows. Again, if anyone in this forum played one game the way Adams does we'd be crippled. But yeah, the wind blew.

Shaun Alexander would have retired if he had similar injuries, but when you fall down before contact it is hard to get hurt.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:29 pm
auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:

Oh? Why is that? Please be specific.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:51 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:29 pm
auroraave wrote:

Oh? Why is that? Please be specific.
I am growing wearing of your tired schtick and can simply turn it off like a light switch if it continues....is that specific enough?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Mini camp wrap up.
By Bob Condotta
Seattle Times staff reporter
Summer is almost here for the Seahawks.

With mandatory minicamp over, all that remains is a passing-game camp devoted mostly to young players next week, and the Seahawks head into a roughly six-week break, not due back until training camp in late July.

So what did we see at minicamp last week? Glad you asked.

Here are six thoughts.

About those quarterbacks
Who really is ahead in the competition between Geno Smith and Drew Lock to replace Russell Wilson at quarterback?

It’s worth remembering that there are strict limits on what teams can do in the offseason — no full pads and no real contact and as such accurate assessments are difficult.

What’s going to determine the battle is who makes the best decisions once pads go on and the speed ramps up to: 1, make plays; and 2, limit turnovers.

Seahawks’ Pete Carroll: ‘We’re in good shape’ at quarterback

The latter may be the biggest question for Lock, who tied with Carson Wentz for the most interceptions in the NFL in 2020 with 15. Geno Smith threw 21 as a rookie in 2013 against just 12 TDs, but has an 22 to 16 TD-to-INT ratio since.

OK, so not Russell Wilson-esque. But for Pete “It’s All About The Ball’’ Carroll, that stat figures to loom largest of all.

“We just need to accumulate all the information and see what happens,’’ Carroll said Thursday.

For now, there isn’t near enough info to know much of anything.

Two battles got more intriguing
Right tackle and cornerback.

First-round pick Charles Cross looks to have a solid hold on left tackle, set to join guards Damien Lewis and Gabe Jackson and center Austin Blythe on the starting offensive line (assuming Jackson’s recovery from knee surgery isn’t a lingering issue; he sat out all of OTAs and minicamp).

Right tackle, which began the offseason as a two-man battle between third-round pick Abraham Lucas and second-year player Jake Curhan, became a three-man race when 2020 sixth-round pick Stone Forsythe, who had been playing almost solely on the left side, was thrown in the mix.

“Stone has really improved with time,” Carroll said. “You can’t tell (who is ahead) right now, those guys all did a nice job. They’re a little bit different, but Stone is really, he’s become better. He’s physically better than he was as he came here. He’s stronger, he’s more flexible, and he can play both sides, but yeah, he’s in it.”

As for cornerback, Artie Burns and Sidney Jones ran consistently with the starters on the right and left side with Justin Coleman at nickel. Rookie Coby Bryant made a strong showing on the left side, as well. And 2020 fourth-round pick Tre Brown has been presumed a possible starter once he recovers from a knee injury.

The absence of Brown helped open the door for Burns, a 2016 first-round pick of the Steelers, and Carroll seemed somewhat surprised by how well he’s played so far.

“I was fired up about Artie,’’ Carroll said Thursday of Burns, signed as a free agent in March after spending last year with the Bears. “I didn’t realize he would look that good that early, so he’s taking to our stuff.”

Reminds you of who now?
Carroll lavished praise on the nine-man rookie draft class, and as of now, there’s nothing ruling out all nine making the 53-man roster and contribute in some way in 2022.

But one quote from Carroll on Thursday caught our eye about second-round pick Boye Mafe, a 6-4, 261-pound edge rusher from Minnesota.

“He’s the closest looking fit to Cliff Avril that we’ve seen,’’ Carroll said. “The explosion and the flexibility … and Cliff had a great career for us and in the league. If he can get anywhere near that, it would be a great plus for us. It looks like he’s got the chance to be that kind of a player. We’ll see how that goes.’’

That makes sense now
The most ominous — and disheartening — news of minicamp is Carroll confirming that the career of running back Chris Carson is in doubt.

Carson had surgery in December to fix “a disc issue that needs to be fused.’’ The team hoped Carson would be cleared to take part in OTAs and minicamp, but he wasn’t and Carroll said Thursday, “I can’t tell you anything for certain now at this point.’’

Observers of the team understood that drafting Ken Walker III with the 41st overall pick in April was, in part, because of uncertainty over Carson. But the pick seemed to catch some national analysts, who questioned if the Seahawks really had a need at tailback after re-signing Rashaad Penny.

Carroll’s comments on Carson further reinforced why the team selected Walker, a workhouse a year ago at Michigan State where his 22 attempts per game ranked fourth in the nation while his average of 6.2 yards per carry ranked fifth, whose role on the team could be significant this year.

One position stood out
Tight end. The Seahawks had high hopes for Noah Fant when they acquired him as part of the Russell Wilson trade considering he already has 170 catches in three NFL seasons, a number not too far off the likes of George Kittle (216) and Rob Gronkowski (187) in their first three years.

And the way Carroll saw it, Fant showed he may be capable of a lot more during minicamp.

“Noah probably had one of, maybe the most spectacular, camps of anybody,’’ Carroll said. “I just thought he made plays throughout the whole time down the field, short area stuff, understanding the scheme, all of it, he just adapted so beautifully. I didn’t know him other than through the draft process, but he handled himself just impeccably.’’

Carroll also liked the sight of 2020 fourth-round pick Colby Parkinson, who stands 6-7, consistently making plays after suffering through injury-plagued seasons his first two years in the NFL.

“Maybe the guy that’s most exciting is Colby,’’ Carroll said. “Colby Parkinson really became a go-to guy, and he’s got that tremendous frame and catching range, and he runs really well.’’

Throw in the steadiness of Will Dissly, re-signed to a three-year deal in March, and Carroll said “the position is really strong.’’

We’ll throw in an honorable mention for the safety position, mostly to make sure to note that Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs were back on the field — at least during walk-throughs — following offseason surgeries with each saying they expect to be ready for training camp. That was as big of a positive of minicamp as anything else.

Don’t stress about Metcalf
Yes, we waited until now to mention the one big negative of minicamp — the absence of DK Metcalf, making a statement he’d like his new contract sooner rather than later, thanks.

The expectation all along has been that something will get done. The Seahawks consider the 24-year-old a vital part of their future and by all counts intend to do what it takes to keep him.

The guess here is that it still happens and probably before training camp.

Judging by Twitter, Metcalf doesn’t seem to be stressing it too much.

A few hours after Carroll told the media Thursday he was no less optimistic a deal will get done Metcalf tweeted, “What a lovely life.’’
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:32 pm

The latter may be the biggest question for Lock, who tied with Carson Wentz for the most interceptions in the NFL in 2020 with 15. Geno Smith threw 21 as a rookie in 2013 against just 12 TDs, but has an 22 to 16 TD-to-INT ratio since.
He acts like 22/16 is good. Lock is 25/20 for his career. Bad but about the same as 22/16 and far better than Geno's career totals: 34/37
dt