PFF ranks our O line dead last

douche

Re: PFF ranks our O line dead last

Post by douche » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm

I think you guys are right on. Signing Garoppolo would be a mistake. I think (hope) that JS and PC would agree.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:47 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm
I think you guys are right on. Signing Garoppolo would be a mistake. I think (hope) that JS and PC would agree.
Would you care to elaborate?

jk :lol:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:47 pm
douche wrote:

Seattle is not in "win now mode." They do not need a stop gap like Jimmy or Baker - they may give you a couple more wins - but this team does NOT needs wins - they need to build the roster for the future - they are looking to next years draft for the possible qb of the future.

These moronic articles about "who Seattle should sign" completely ignore what Seattle is doing - building through the draft, and looking there for a QB. Another example of completely clueless "media" who are desperate for clicks and know nothing about Seattle's OBVIOUS plan - so they churn out this nonsense. Jimmy and Baker solve NOTHING - and only the most clueless don't understand that, and since the 'media' have never even bothered to acknowledge what Seattle is clearly doing, they post this crap. What is the upside? More wins for a team needing better draft position? How does that make sense? Jimmy or Baker as a long term solution? LAMO! NBo chance.

So Baker or Jimmy get us a couple more wins in the short term - which weakens our draft position - the SINGLE biggest factor in the bigger picture of what they are doing. F'n morons. Makes NO sense on any level. None. Having to point this out is seriously irritating. Does anyone bother to use ANY critical thinking? Not when writing "columns". Not to mention JImmy on Seattle - Seahawk fans would go berserk. He could NEVER even beat Seattle.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:46 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:32 pm
douche wrote:

Seattle is not in "win now mode." They do not need a stop gap like Jimmy or Baker - they may give you a couple more wins - but this team does NOT needs wins - they need to build the roster for the future - they are looking to next years draft for the possible qb of the future.

These moronic articles about "who Seattle should sign" completely ignore what Seattle is doing - building through the draft, and looking there for a QB. Another example of completely clueless "media" who are desperate for clicks and know nothing about Seattle's OBVIOUS plan - so they churn out this nonsense. Jimmy and Baker solve NOTHING - and only the most clueless don't understand that, and since the 'media' have never even bothered to acknowledge what Seattle is clearly doing, they post this crap. What is the upside? More wins for a team needing better draft position? How does that make sense? Jimmy or Baker as a long term solution? LAMO! NBo chance.

So Baker or Jimmy get us a couple more wins in the short term - which weakens our draft position - the SINGLE biggest factor in the bigger picture of what they are doing. F'n morons. Makes NO sense on any level. None. Having to point this out is seriously irritating. Does anyone bother to use ANY critical thinking? Not when writing "columns". Not to mention JImmy on Seattle - Seahawk fans would go berserk. He could NEVER even beat Seattle.
Not to mention there is zero guarantee Baker or JG would lead more wins than Lock or even Geno.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:15 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:15 pm
What do you guys think of this.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ing-dream/
Maybe she can help Penny :D

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Imagine an NFL RB getting cut and just continues to show up to practice because eventually they had to put him in? What?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 pm
Imagine an NFL RB getting cut and just continues to show up to practice because eventually they had to put him in? What?
So what does a running back coach even do?

"OK Penny, here's the deal, see those guys in the other colored jerseys? When then try to catch you, you run away from them AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:42 pm

auroraave wrote:
douche wrote:

I personally don't believe it is so "clear cut". I do not think that Pete believes in tanking. He didn't do it the first time he built this team and he didn't do it with the "reset" after Sherman left. I don't think he is going to do it now. He is going to try and win as many games as possible. If he believes that Baker or Gorapalo for one year is a good fit and they don't lock up money long term or require draft capital, he is not going to pass that up so he can get a higher draft pick.

That being said there are plenty of legitimate football reasons why they might not be a good fit. I would be suprised if he brought either in but its not going to be because he wants a better draft pick.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:02 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:42 pm
auroraave wrote:

I personally don't believe it is so "clear cut". I do not think that Pete believes in tanking. He didn't do it the first time he built this team and he didn't do it with the "reset" after Sherman left. I don't think he is going to do it now. He is going to try and win as many games as possible. If he believes that Baker or Gorapalo for one year is a good fit and they don't lock up money long term or require draft capital, he is not going to pass that up so he can get a higher draft pick.

That being said there are plenty of legitimate football reasons why they might not be a good fit. I would be suprised if he brought either in but its not going to be because he wants a better draft pick.
I agree with you in that, in no way do I think they are tanking. They are overturning a roster, getting younger, faster, cheaper, and building the talent level through the draft. They have a QB room right now that is merely adequate. That's all they need right now - that is a luxury to have because they are not competing for a division title - which is not the same thing as competing for your roster spot. They will play to win every game - same as the first rebuild - that's not the issue - the issue is they do not have the talent to compete at an elite level. Jimmy or Baker may add a couple of wins - but how does that benefit the team's long term strategy? Neither of them is the long term answer. Mayfield would be a fun one year rental - but would be a fiscally irresponsible investment as he serves NO long term problem and is expensive. That money is better spent elsewhere on the roster. You look to the draft for a QB. This is not about tanking, it's about responsible asset allocation in concert with the long term strategic planning. Neither of those guys help. It's about seeing what they MAY have in Lock, kicking the tires on him, then making a decision next year with the use of draft capitol, or perhaps a big trade. The key is a young arm, ideally a franchise caliber QB, on a rookie contract. They aren't tanking - they are playing exactly to their talent level - which today is just not that high. Big difference. If this team wins 8,9,10 games and loses critical draft positioning when needing a top end QB for the long haul - all for the sake of "a couple more wins today" that would be a colossal blunder. It's not about wins and losses this season - more wins next season simply do not matter - that is not the same thing as phoning it in on the field ala Wilson. It's about setting the team up for 2023 and beyond - and that means eating some shit in the win/loss column this season.