Huard: Should Seahawks go after 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo?

D-train

Re: Huard: Should Seahawks go after 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo?

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:02 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:52 pm
And if he had been traded to the Hawks we all be gushing over all the nice things he had to say about playing there
If Lock or Geno said they are excited to be in a city that knows how to win I would think they were idiots too.
You're saying the Hawks don't know how to win? We are talking about the franchise tied for second place behind the Patriots for most wins over the last ten years. But that's not good enough, they are a bunch of Losers, okay
Don't be a dope. I am specifically talking about the phrase "a city that knows how to win" Maybe you can translate exactly what that means. Kind of weird because it doesn't seem the CITY of Denver knows how to win NBA championships or WS Titles.

He just pulls nonsense out of his ass because he thinks fans will like it.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 am

I think if Justin Herbert demanded to be traded to the Hawks because he said he wanted to play for a city that knew how to win you guys would eat it up

Thinking it is unlikely they bring in a new QB. So why wouldn't SF trade with a division rival?
. Carroll has already said he doesn't "at all" envision the Seahawks trading for a veteran QB, so it would likely take the San Francisco 49ers or Cleveland Browns releasing their former starters for either to seriously be in play for Seattle. San Francisco almost certainly wouldn't deal Garoppolo to a division rival, anyway.

Garoppolo and Mayfield have better résumés than Lock or Smith. But both are coming off shoulder surgeries and, this late in the offseason, would be behind in learning a new offense and building chemistry with a new group of pass-catchers.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:45 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 am
I think if Justin Herbert demanded to be traded to the Hawks because he said he wanted to play for a city that knew how to win you guys would eat it up.
I would wonder why he used the word "city" instead of "team". And given that the Chargers have been better than the Seahawks lately i would think it was somewhat odd. Maybe if it was someone like Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan i would put it in my mouth after smothering it in gravy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:14 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:45 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 am
I think if Justin Herbert demanded to be traded to the Hawks because he said he wanted to play for a city that knew how to win you guys would eat it up.
I would wonder why he used the word "city" instead of "team". And given that the Chargers have been better than the Seahawks lately i would think it was somewhat odd. Maybe if it was someone like Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan i would put it in my mouth after smothering it in gravy.
Even if he said a City that WANTS to win, it might make more sense. Maybe he just misspoke but its just nonsensical as stated.

Are the Yankees and Mets good this season because the city of New York KNOWS how to win baseball games and the Jets and Giants suck because NYC doesn't know how to win football games. lol
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:50 pm

From the article.
I couldn't help see this and shake my head in sadness at how pathetic King County has become.

"There may be no resolution to Smith's pending legal case before the season begins. He was arrested in January on suspicion of DUI, but the King County Prosecutor's Office is still awaiting blood-test results, which take about 10 months to process. Smith said recently he doesn't foresee "any problem" resulting from the arrest."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:50 pm
From the article.
I couldn't help see this and shake my head in sadness at how pathetic King County has become.

"There may be no resolution to Smith's pending legal case before the season begins. He was arrested in January on suspicion of DUI, but the King County Prosecutor's Office is still awaiting blood-test results, which take about 10 months to process. Smith said recently he doesn't foresee "any problem" resulting from the arrest."
I took a couple Covid tests at home a few weeks ago and it took about 10 seconds to get the results but it takes almost a YEAR to determine how much of that rare substance known as alcohol is in his blood. :|
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 pm
but it takes almost a YEAR to determine how much of that rare substance known as alcohol is in his blood. :|
I am guessing it takes about an hour to determine it, as I'm pretty sure I've seen it done and analyzed on a single episode of Cops. it takes King County a year because they're busy pardoning all the rioters.

Back to Jimmy G - the 49ers would never trade him within the division, so it's not even worth discussing. In some ways, he'd be perfect IF we were trying to compete this year. I don't believe they really are. I don't think they're actively tanking, but I know they realize what they have - two pretty good backup QBs, but no starter. Nobody goes into an NFL season like that thinking they're going to win, and nobody will convince me they think either is the answer.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm

You're saying the Hawks don't know how to win? We are talking about the franchise tied for second place behind the Patriots for most wins over the last ten years. But that's not good enough, they are a bunch of Losers, okay
Exactly....so why say that shit on your way OUT?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:15 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:50 pm
From the article.

Sort of the same thing, but the Times had an article today about how some 911 calls can't be responded to. I had to laugh since this is the same paper that spewed BS about how bad the cops were and needed defunded not that long ago. Now? Almost as dumb as the guy that got shot in CHOP, a place that was supposed to be police free, a place that was patrolled by armed idiots not allowing police or EMTs in, then he sued the city because they didn't come help him fast enough.