Huard: Should Seahawks go after 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo?

auroraave

Re: Huard: Should Seahawks go after 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo?

Post by auroraave » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:15 pm
trharder wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:50 pm
From the article.
I couldn't help see this and shake my head in sadness at how pathetic King County has become.

"There may be no resolution to Smith's pending legal case before the season begins. He was arrested in January on suspicion of DUI, but the King County Prosecutor's Office is still awaiting blood-test results, which take about 10 months to process. Smith said recently he doesn't foresee "any problem" resulting from the arrest."
Sort of the same thing, but the Times had an article today about how some 911 calls can't be responded to. I had to laugh since this is the same paper that spewed BS about how bad the cops were and needed defunded not that long ago. Now? Almost as dumb as the guy that got shot in CHOP, a place that was supposed to be police free, a place that was patrolled by armed idiots not allowing police or EMTs in, then he sued the city because they didn't come help him fast enough.
I dunno, from what I heard, the bullet that killed that guy was a "mostly peaceful" 9mm slug. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

It's being reported that the Seahawks have interest in trading fir Baker Mayfield. Yay! :|

https://nfltraderumors.co/seahawks-stil ... -mayfield/

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:28 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm
It's being reported that the Seahawks have interest in trading fir Baker Mayfield. Yay! :|

https://nfltraderumors.co/seahawks-stil ... -mayfield/
LOL! "...league sources..." What league? Fantasy Football league of Tukwilla?

In other words, someone from cleveland "leaked this" to get Carolina to up their offer. No one who keeps banging this Mayfield drum has ever explained how this is a good or smart move for a team rebuilding - to acquire a mediocre talent, who couldn't drag a loaded Brown's roster anywhere, yet somehow, he's the answer for a rebuilding team, even though he is too expensive and in decline. Besides, we're obviously holding out for Garoffolo or maybe Dave Krieg to unretire.

Bueller? Bueller?

The "media" lmfao!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:51 pm

Well, Mike Salk-puppet and Chuck Powell-movement seemed to think it was a legit story. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:24 pm

No doubt in my mind that especially during these slow times reporters just find an angle that makes some sense, make up a source and then tweet it out in an effort to remain relevant. Literally impossible for it to be fact checked so they have nothing to lose.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm

Dwight from the Office thinks we should get Mayfield.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm
I think Mayfield would be a fun stop gap for a year - but the problem is I don't see him as thier long term solution. he really just muddies the waters. Need to realistically see if Lock is a capable replacement - even if it means only until they can draft a better option, but Mayfield taking snaps away from him doesn't make sense if you are using 2022 to get to the next draft to retool, figure out what they have in Lock, and how that effects the future. I am not sold on Lock, but then again, I have no idea what his ceiling is - I don't think anyone does - but it's a good idea to at least try to find out while we rebuild.

Mayfield would definitely bring some zing to the team and be a lot of fun - but that's a short term band aid that distracts from really addressing the future of the QB room - I don't think he is a long term answer. I think Seattle is fine eating shit this season - anticipating finding a solution via Lock or the draft - and that makes a lot of sense to me. If this team was loaded, a flyer on Mayfield would make more sense. I'd take him all day over Geno, especially if we were playoff caliber, but we are not.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:58 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:45 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm
I think Mayfield would be a fun stop gap for a year - but the problem is I don't see him as thier long term solution. he really just muddies the waters. Need to realistically see if Lock is a capable replacement - even if it means only until they can draft a better option, but Mayfield taking snaps away from him doesn't make sense if you are using 2022 to get to the next draft to retool, figure out what they have in Lock, and how that effects the future. I am not sold on Lock, but then again, I have no idea what his ceiling is - I don't think anyone does - but it's a good idea to at least try to find out while we rebuild.

Mayfield would definitely bring some zing to the team and be a lot of fun - but that's a short term band aid that distracts from really addressing the future of the QB room - I don't think he is a long term answer. I think Seattle is fine eating shit this season - anticipating finding a solution via Lock or the draft - and that makes a lot of sense to me. If this team was loaded, a flyer on Mayfield would make more sense. I'd take him all day over Geno, especially if we were playoff caliber, but we are not.
Totally agree on all points. Tempting but in thinking with your little head instead of your big head sort of way. :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Sounds good but the sucess rate of even top 10 draft picks at QB isn't that great. Everyone just assumes they are bound to find another Russell Wilson, if not something better. Mayfield may very well be the best option to get them back to another SB.