Rosy assessment from Riddick

Michael K.

Re: Rosy assessment from Riddick

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:06 pm

Just saying that ignoring roles, last year it was Brooks and Bobby and this year its Brooks and Barton.
Wagner was a legions, a Hall of Famer, no doubt. But last year I remember a lot of tackles after the first down, not a ton of impact plays. Brooks was better, IMO, and I think Barton can play. I am excited to see these guys in the new scheme.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:00 pm

I find this pretty crazy and may mean addition by subtraction.
The 2022 offseason finds several core members of the Seattle Seahawks 2021 roster unsigned, still.

In 2019 the Seahawks signed once-renowned pass rusher Ziggy Ansah on May 8th, what was then considered a late-wave signing.

It’s now the final week of June, and Duane Brown, Carlos Dunlap, Benson Mayowa, Alex Collins, Brandon Shell remain unsigned.

To put it bluntly, both starting tackles and both defensive ends not named Darrell Taylor are to this point unwanted by other NFL teams, as well as a running back who started - six, if you can believe it - games for Seattle last year.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:00 pm
The 2022 offseason finds several core members of the Seattle Seahawks 2021 roster unsigned, still.

In 2019 the Seahawks signed once-renowned pass rusher Ziggy Ansah on May 8th, what was then considered a late-wave signing.

It’s now the final week of June, and Duane Brown, Carlos Dunlap, Benson Mayowa, Alex Collins, Brandon Shell remain unsigned.

To put it bluntly, both starting tackles and both defensive ends not named Darrell Taylor are to this point unwanted by other NFL teams, as well as a running back who started - six, if you can believe it - games for Seattle last year.
this is going to sound odd, but I'm most surprised by Brandon Shell.

D. Brown probably wants pro-bowler money, but teams don't want to spend that on an aging tackle. He'll sign somewhere as soon as somebody has an injury.
Similar for Dunlap.
Mayowa is done, I think
Collins I think will be a Seahawk once Chris Carson officially retires.
Shell seems like a very serviceable veteran that shouldn't cost much. Who knows what he's actually asking for, though.

I feel like it's pretty common for older vets to remain unsigned until the season starts, waiting for the right fit as teams realize they guys they thought could play actually suck. Probably not as common for so many from a single team, though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:39 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:49 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:00 pm

this is going to sound odd, but I'm most surprised by Brandon Shell.

D. Brown probably wants pro-bowler money, but teams don't want to spend that on an aging tackle. He'll sign somewhere as soon as somebody has an injury.
Similar for Dunlap.
Mayowa is done, I think
Collins I think will be a Seahawk once Chris Carson officially retires.
Shell seems like a very serviceable veteran that shouldn't cost much. Who knows what he's actually asking for, though.

I feel like it's pretty common for older vets to remain unsigned until the season starts, waiting for the right fit as teams realize they guys they thought could play actually suck. Probably not as common for so many from a single team, though.
Sure. Makes sense.
dt