Re: From the CringeRuss Files

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:45 am

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:28 am
maoling wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:10 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:39 am
Like they aren't kissing his ass in Denver? I think the wrath would come down on the coaching staff. They get their franchise QB and still can't win?

Hawks now interested in Goroppolo, based on..Yesterday, Jeremy Fowler at ESPN reported that Seattle has “done its homework” on the 49ers’ starter.

Duh. They ARE kissing his ass -- right now. But DenvElway has expectations that Russ will lead them to the Promised Land immediately. When he got to Seattle, nobody expected a couple SB's when he was young. They now expect that in Denver and I'm not sure sure he can deliver. He doesn't handle adversity and feeeling like he isn't King Shit, he isn't very mobile anymore, he's all about his brand and he wants a big payday. Could be the dumbest trade Denver ever made.

Possible recipe for disaster imho.
Of course Seattle 'did their homework" on Garoppolo - they've been scouting him for years as the QB of a division rival - that in NO WAY means they are looking to trade for him - more misrepresentation of reality for clicks. Seattle fans would be FURIOUS if he was on the roster. it's so dumb to even pretend it's an option. They are playing with words to create a narrative. Jimmy will never be on the Seahawks wish list - it's absurd even trying to sell that - hence the word salad

I fully exopect Wilson to come out of the gate early and play well - he'll likely beat Seattle - it's the most high pressure game of his career right now. If he loses this it's a BIG red flag. He'lll be motivated - which has been his problem for a few years now. The problem Wilson is going to have is later in the season as division rivals and other teams figure him out. Once he is out of the accolades chatter - he'll only be playing for adulation and a contract. I fear poor CringeRuss has become a narcissist, addicted to fame and celebrity. I read an article a while ago mentioning Ciara complimenting Metcalf. It would not surprise me at all is Wilson intentionally steered away from DK so as not to let him have any of his own spotlight. I really do think Wilson is that petty. He didn't used to be. It is all about him - as Donkey fans are about to find out.

Another silly narrative "fans hate russ" No one hates Russ. He played his way out of town - he failed to show up and play too many Sundays in Seattle - as if the fans are supposed to adore that nonsense. You are paid to play - not sell dishwater perfume and podcasts. more manufactured false narrative. After watching him shit the bed for the last three seasons because he cannot handle a cover 2 defense, therefore he's not in the MVP race, and fans are supposed to kiss his ring on the way out the door he kicked open? Seahawk fans are, somehow, supposed to be cheering for him? Jesus Christ some people are delusional.
I've been doing my homework on how to steal Paulina Gretzky from Dustin Johnson and Kate Upton from Justin Verlander. I have unearthed a couple of obstacles (biggest one is convincing Lynda that a plural marriage is a good thing) but I think a deal might still get done.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:28 am
I think Russell will be okay, but they still need to put a team around him. Does Denver have that team, I'm wondering. Seems to me one would begin to question how the team is built
This is my feeling. When the trade went down, everybody was saying the Broncos roster was so great, save for QB. I look at it and I think it doesn't really seem to be better than the Seahawks. Their defense was better, but they lost a couple big pieces of that. Their O-Line and RBs don't seem any better, and WRs and TE definitely seem to be in our favor. I don't think the Broncos are any better than we were last year, and the AFC West is much better than the NFC West. It's only going to get worse if he gets his 50 million contract and they have no draft picks.

In short, Denver probably has a better 2022, but they are set up to fall apart much like the Seahawks house of cards did the past couple years. We're still gonna suck until we find a QB, but heck, maybe we already did???

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:48 am
Hey, their sixth wedding anniversary, fireworks in Italy

https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/09/russel-w ... -in-italy/
This link kills me. It states that they had a romantic dinner and looked very much in love. Um, he looks preoccupied (probably planning his next shill) and she looks bored.
Screenshot 2022-07-13 100313.png
Screenshot 2022-07-13 100313.png (1000.88 KiB) Viewed 469 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Everybody is hung up on this $50 mil deal. Thing is that "huge" contract he got as a Hawk is a deal now. If a team was just a QB away from a SB then going after a guy like RW make sense, ie the Rams and Stafford

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:04 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

This link kills me. It states that they had a romantic dinner and looked very much in love. Um, he looks preoccupied (probably planning his next shill) and she looks bored.

She doesn't look bored, she looks like she is asking a question

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm

They definitely don't look happy.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pm
Or waiting for the answer to one. Must have been a doozy, Russell looks perplexed. At least he's got his cool sunglasses at the ready.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
douche wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

Ciara: "Russ, how long are you gonna stare at yourself in that mirror?"
CringeRuss: "Huh? What? Oh, I'll have the cheesesticks..."
Ciara: "Good grief. You're already cheesy enough..."
CringeRuss: "Yeah, I am... wait what?"
Ciara: "Nothing!" :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:53 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:34 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
douche wrote:

Ciara: "Russ, how long are you gonna stare at yourself in that mirror?"
CringeRuss: "Huh? What? Oh, I'll have the cheesesticks..."
Ciara: "Good grief. You're already cheesy enough..."
CringeRuss: "Yeah, I am... wait what?"
Ciara: "Nothing!" :lol:
:lol:

Reminds me of the episode of The Office when Michael is excited to be in Manhattan and wants to find a famous NYC restaurant to eat and and goes with Bubba Gump Shrimp. LOL
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:17 pm

Name a WR on the Broncos that any GM in football would trade for one game for either DK or Tyler? Sorry, there isn't one. He has been mediocre to bad for a season and a half, and yet, is going to be better off there!?

I look forward to the Duane Brown tweet the first time he sees a rush in a prime time game, looks at his feet, spins in a circle and falls down before the D Lineman kills him. The first couple of season he was here, Brown would block a guy right to where Russ was "scrambling" and then look at Russ like "why the FUCK are you here?"