Baker Mayfield rumors heating up

D-train

Re: Baker Mayfield rumors heating up

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:14 am

People say that they have lost credibility because they said RW was going to be their QB and then traded him. I totally disagree. They literally had to say that. I have thought that Lock would be the starter in week one based on their comments and nothing has changed imo.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:14 am
People say that they have lost credibility because they said RW was going to be their QB and then traded him. I totally disagree. They literally had to say that. I have thought that Lock would be the starter in week one based on their comments and nothing has changed imo.
I don't blame them for saying that - you gotta keep the waters calm and not tip your hand. What, they're gonna come out and say "nah, we're thinking of trading him to the Broncos...?" Sports "journalism" is circling the drain as nothing more than CNN these days - pure sensationalism for the sake of ratings and clicks, instead of informing us with facts. Colin Cowherds blatant "Wilson to the Giants" lie was the death knell for me. Blatantly manufacturing drama for click bait. Have never watched him sense - cannot stand him. They are all full of shit as they fight for clicks and ratings. Only Dan Patrick has any cred with me in the sports world. My God, what ever happened to ESPN? That place is SO embarrassing. They had a "College World Series" article I clicked on - it was for women's softball. That's not the College World Series. No one clicks on ESPN for that, or WNBA bullshit, Griner updates, woke ideology spouting. Man, have they lost the plot. There is no sports media anymore. It's just clickbait. There is no logic to rebuilding a team - but going after Mayfield. He does not fit on the timeline - Seattle isn't in "win now" mode this coming season, and any journalist trying to cover it legitimately would've been asking the question - how does he honestly fit into a rebuild plan? Same with Garoppolo - he makes absolutely NO sense on any level. But common sense and journalistic integrity aren't click bait. Rage, fear, hyperbole and hysteria are. How many times do we have to learn the same lesson?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:21 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm
D-train wrote:
I don't blame them for saying that - you gotta keep the waters calm and not tip your hand. What, they're gonna come out and say "nah, we're thinking of trading him to the Broncos...?" Sports "journalism" is circling the drain as nothing more than CNN these days - pure sensationalism for the sake of ratings and clicks, instead of informing us with facts. Colin Cowherds blatant "Wilson to the Giants" lie was the death knell for me. Blatantly manufacturing drama for click bait. Have never watched him sense - cannot stand him. They are all full of shit as they fight for clicks and ratings. Only Dan Patrick has any cred with me in the sports world. My God, what ever happened to ESPN? That place is SO embarrassing. They had a "College World Series" article I clicked on - it was for women's softball. That's not the College World Series. No one clicks on ESPN for that, or WNBA bullshit, Griner updates, woke ideology spouting. Man, have they lost the plot. There is no sports media anymore. It's just clickbait. There is no logic to rebuilding a team - but going after Mayfield. He does not fit on the timeline - Seattle isn't in "win now" mode this coming season, and any journalist trying to cover it legitimately would've been asking the question - how does he honestly fit into a rebuild plan? Same with Garoppolo - he makes absolutely NO sense on any level. But common sense and journalistic integrity aren't click bait. Rage, fear, hyperbole and hysteria are. How many times do we have to learn the same lesson?
Did Schefter admit he totally made something about up about a QB. Can't remember the details. I think it was you that called him out for it?
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:21 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Did Schefter admit he totally made something about up about a QB. Can't remember the details. I think it was you that called him out for it?
I think he wrote an article about Rodgers, right around draft time, making claims and atrributing them to "sources." I probably called bullshit because there are never sources. Someone questioned him about his sources, and he admitted he made it up. So, we know that's how these people operate - and yet - those same "sources" that are NEVER identified - make these claims about Seattle's "interest" in Baker - verified by NO ONE. We have come to the point where any time the headline is of the "Brady rips Bellichick" type or "...sources claim..." we know absolutely that is going to be bullshit. The fact people STILL buy into this stuff after the first 500,000 incidents of bullshit "reporting" is disappointing. It's a business model: SAY ANYTHING TO GET CLICKS OR YOUR FIRED! Not sure who hasn't figured this out yet, but there it is.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Yeah that was it. And dude has millions of followers on twitter and no repercussions whatsoever. Crazy. Thanks.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:04 pm

If they were interested in Baker, the interest must have been low!