Baker Mayfield rumors heating up

D-train

Re: Baker Mayfield rumors heating up

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am

I heard he was spotted in a Starbucks having a Frappuccino.....but nobody knows where the Starbucks was. Definitely fires up the rumor mill though.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:58 am

Whoa! I just realized this could mean that Howard Shultz is buying the Seahawks! Or running for POTUS again....Crazy times.
dt

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:58 am
Whoa! I just realized this could mean that Howard Shultz is buying the Seahawks! Or running for POTUS again....Crazy times.
Does this mean the Seahawks and or the White House might move to Oklahoma City?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:49 pm

Mesully11 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:58 am
Does this mean the Seahawks and or the White House might move to Oklahoma City?
Very possible! :)
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:50 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:57 am
Good point, figure the Browns were comfortable going into the season with Brisett if Watson was suspended
The odds-on favorite to start the most games at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns in 2022 has to be Jacoby Brissett. Baker Mayfield is still likely to be traded while Deshaun Watson is likely to have a significant suspension. We have begun to prepare for a Brissett-led season, or at least a majority of games, with a few pieces. First, with the Browns roster being so good, Brissett only has to be as good or better than an injured Mayfield was in 2021. Second, on the field, Cleveland choosing Brissett over Mayfield may be about taking the higher floor over the higher ceiling player.
Ranked here as sort of a mid tier QB
.Based on these simple rankings tiers, the Browns would go into the 2022 season with at least 11 quarterbacks in the AFC better than Brissett and four others, two as backups, in the same range as him. Cleveland will have to find a way through the other talent on the team and coaching to overcome the separation between Brissett and those quarterbacks.
So, arguably the Browns have THREE QBs better than anybody we have. The BROWNS. That kinda feels like if the cross-eyed dude that never showers and flunked 8th grade twice had a hotter girlfriend than me. Not good.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:42 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am
I heard he was spotted in a Starbucks having a Frappuccino.....but nobody knows where the Starbucks was. Definitely fires up the rumor mill though.
Robert Griffin agrees with you
. Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show earlier this week, former NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III -- who played for the Browns back in 2016 -- said that he thinks the team should try to mend fences with Baker Mayfield so that he can take the reins under center if and when Watson is suspended for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

"I think the Browns should offer the olive branch to Baker and ask him to stay if Deshaun Watson gets suspended for a significant amount of time," Griffin told Eisen. "Baker's proven in this city he can go win a playoff game, get you to the playoffs and do all those things. Last year, he played hurt and wasn't very effective. The bottom line is Baker Mayfield is better than Jacoby Brissett, that's just the bottom line. And if you're going to have to play a full season with a guy, your best option is to go back to Baker Mayfield and beg him to stay."

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:40 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:42 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am
Robert Griffin agrees with you
. Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show earlier this week, former NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III -- who played for the Browns back in 2016 -- said that he thinks the team should try to mend fences with Baker Mayfield so that he can take the reins under center if and when Watson is suspended for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

"I think the Browns should offer the olive branch to Baker and ask him to stay if Deshaun Watson gets suspended for a significant amount of time," Griffin told Eisen. "Baker's proven in this city he can go win a playoff game, get you to the playoffs and do all those things. Last year, he played hurt and wasn't very effective. The bottom line is Baker Mayfield is better than Jacoby Brissett, that's just the bottom line. And if you're going to have to play a full season with a guy, your best option is to go back to Baker Mayfield and beg him to stay."
Seems like a no brainer to me. I mean are they 14 yo girls or grown men.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 am

For real
Attachments
facebook_1656942785720_6949721753919649267.jpg

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:34 am

Well shoot
. “There’s a couple of times a year when this happens where you get an internet rumor that kind of takes on a life of its own,” Rapoport said. “And believe me, I always check, and I have heard nothing to corroborate Baker to the Seahawks at all. And like, I don’t know what’s going to happen at the end of all of this, like maybe this guy announces he’s trolling us, but like, it seems crazy to me but they have never really been that interested in Baker.”
“What they have wanted is a Drew Lock vs. Geno Smith battle and like, talking about training camp, training camps can be a grind and like, sometimes not that exciting despite football being back,” Rapoport said. “That is going to be a fascinating training camp because we are going to see them like literally battle it out on the field and I don’t know which way it’s going to go, it seems like Geno has a little bit of a leg up now. But, that’s going to be a fun battle.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:34 am
Well shoot
. “There’s a couple of times a year when this happens where you get an internet rumor that kind of takes on a life of its own,” Rapoport said. “And believe me, I always check, and I have heard nothing to corroborate Baker to the Seahawks at all. And like, I don’t know what’s going to happen at the end of all of this, like maybe this guy announces he’s trolling us, but like, it seems crazy to me but they have never really been that interested in Baker.”
“What they have wanted is a Drew Lock vs. Geno Smith battle and like, talking about training camp, training camps can be a grind and like, sometimes not that exciting despite football being back,” Rapoport said. “That is going to be a fascinating training camp because we are going to see them like literally battle it out on the field and I don’t know which way it’s going to go, it seems like Geno has a little bit of a leg up now. But, that’s going to be a fun battle.”
Just shocking. LOL
dt