Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 pm

This surprises me.
dt

douche

Re: Breaking: Baker to Carolina

Post by douche » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:41 am
I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for RW in the early years.

Literally everyone though he would suck because he was too short. I even remember posting the heights of his O linemen at Wisconsin that average about 6-5" tall. I remember a guy on the Times forum that was out of his mind furious that we didn't start Flynn. Michael probably remember. Jack something?

I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for DK his rookie year.

Almost everyone thought he was just a big fast guy who didn't know how or couldn't run routes.

Lock is an even bigger longshot because he definitely has sucked in the NFL unlike those two guys but I see a glimmer of hope that I don't see with the older options or the 2022 draft picks that we could have went with.

We shall see. Doesn't hurt to root for the guy to resurrect his career. Would be a great story.
I remember him, too. He posted under michael_2 or something like that. He was an older guy, went on and on about Flynn.

I think Lock has an amazing arm. And with a little stability in terms of coaching, my thought is that Lock has the skills and potential to be successful. To my knowledge, he didn't get much of that in DEN.

And to answer your poll question... Nope.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:24 pm

This is a bit old but still relevant. I realize Fant isn't going to say he sucks and they shouldn't even let him into the VMAC but he also didn't have to use the word "Franchise" QB either. Could have just said he has talent and I think there is a good chance he will improve or something like that.
But while many already have already waved the white flag on the 2022 season with Lock under center, one of his other former teammates in Denver who arrived in Seattle as part of the blockbuster Wilson trade has far different expectations. Speaking with reporters for the first time since the deal became official, tight end Noah Fant indicated that he thinks the gunslinger can still develop into a franchise signal caller.

“I think Drew's biggest attribute is his arm. I think he's made some insane throws the times that we've played together," Fant said. "He has all the talent in the world. He can run with the ball. He can do it all... I think he has all the opportunity and all the talent in the world to get it done and be that franchise guy. I know he's excited to get in and get to work and meet all the guys. I think it'll be a really good opportunity for him.”
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:15 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:41 am
I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for RW in the early years.

Literally everyone though he would suck because he was too short. I even remember posting the heights of his O linemen at Wisconsin that average about 6-5" tall. I remember a guy on the Times forum that was out of his mind furious that we didn't start Flynn. Michael probably remember. Jack something?

I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for DK his rookie year.

Almost everyone thought he was just a big fast guy who didn't know how or couldn't run routes.

Lock is an even bigger longshot because he definitely has sucked in the NFL unlike those two guys but I see a glimmer of hope that I don't see with the older options or the 2022 draft picks that we could have went with.

We shall see. Doesn't hurt to root for the guy to resurrect his career. Would be a great story.
I remember him, too. He posted under michael_2 or something like that. He was an older guy, went on and on about Flynn.

I think Lock has an amazing arm. And with a little stability in terms of coaching, my thought is that Lock has the skills and potential to be successful. To my knowledge, he didn't get much of that in DEN.

And to answer your poll question... Nope.
lol no that was MichaelK2 who is our very own Michael K. :)
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:06 pm

The guy I'm thinking of was over 70, and then he disappeared. Stopped posting altogether. I was actually worried about him.

Is that Michael K?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:40 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:06 pm
The guy I'm thinking of was over 70, and then he disappeared. Stopped posting altogether. I was actually worried about him.

Is that Michael K?
Michael is under 70. I think he is 69. LOL
mk.jpg
dt

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 pm

They are tanking this year, lol. Not openly of course, but to think that Lock can somehow lead the team to greener pastures is foolish. You can root for him as an underdog and wish all the great things in the world but its not gonna happen. This team will be 6-11 or worse, and looking to get a new QB come draft day.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 pm

Sorry, now hearing that is a 69 oz beer. I think my good friend is mid 40s.... :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Lamda wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 pm
They are tanking this year, lol. Not openly of course, but to think that Lock can somehow lead the team to greener pastures is foolish. You can root for him as an underdog and wish all the great things in the world but its not gonna happen. This team will be 6-11 or worse, and looking to get a new QB come draft day.
You could be right. I just screen shot your post and we will compare notes in 6 months. Good luck with your prediction!
dt

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:29 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 pm
Lamda wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 pm
You could be right. I just screen shot your post and we will compare notes in 6 months. Good luck with your prediction!
Works for me - good luck with yours as well - but if he does revive he better keep it otherwise it better not be a false/lucky year that screws us out of a good QB in the draft.