Breaking: Baker to Carolina

auroraave

Re: Breaking: Baker to Carolina

Post by auroraave » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:58 pm

I don't remember any big Flynn contingent on here, what I remember is a contingent that was not convinced RW could be a perennial pocket passer because the offense relied so much on that dominant Lynch running game and the RPO. That was the driver. SOme dude was calling CringeRuss "the next Michael Jordan" and a bunch of us laughed. To this day, the question has never really been answered - can he sit in the pocket and carry an offense like a brees or brady - can he sit in the pocket, make his reads, deliver the ball? There have been moments, but nothing that seems like sustained success - and Wilson has never carried the team on a deep playoff run. The exact same questions some of us had about Wilson back in 2012 remain today. Wilson has never shown to be a pure pocket passer - and we were concerned back in 2012 that once his legs slowed and he could not rely on that option - could he sustain by being a pure pocker guy? I guess Denver will find out, because Seattle never did.

I don't remember too many Flynn fans - seems like Wilson easily out performed him in the preseason and every one was pretty stoked about it. The argument was not RW vs Flynn, it was can RW be a pure pocket passer. That's what I remember.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:58 pm
I don't remember any big Flynn contingent on here, what I remember is a contingent that was not convinced RW could be a perennial pocket passer because the offense relied so much on that dominant Lynch running game and the RPO. That was the driver. SOme dude was calling CringeRuss "the next Michael Jordan" and a bunch of us laughed. To this day, the question has never really been answered - can he sit in the pocket and carry an offense like a brees or brady - can he sit in the pocket, make his reads, deliver the ball? There have been moments, but nothing that seems like sustained success - and Wilson has never carried the team on a deep playoff run. The exact same questions some of us had about Wilson back in 2012 remain today. Wilson has never shown to be a pure pocket passer - and we were concerned back in 2012 that once his legs slowed and he could not rely on that option - could he sustain by being a pure pocker guy? I guess Denver will find out, because Seattle never did.

I don't remember too many Flynn fans - seems like Wilson easily out performed him in the preseason and every one was pretty stoked about it. The argument was not RW vs Flynn, it was can RW be a pure pocket passer. That's what I remember.
Pretty sure that Jacknut though Flynn was a far better option because RW was too short but that was a long time ago and my dementia could be kicking in. ha
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:03 pm
auroraave wrote:

Pretty sure that Jacknut though Flynn was a far better option because RW was too short but that was a long time ago and my dementia could be kicking in. ha
This may be totally true - but it seems like the debate turned into RW's long term projection of being a pocket passer - the limitations because of his height - and Jacknut was very definitely not convinced he could. I think the debate was more about Flynn's height being an advantage in the long run. The dude calling him the next Michael jordan though.... anyone remember who that guy was? Two seasons in, all time great running back and defense, RW basically a support role, and this guy was putting him on the highest pedestal in sports.

Is Dementia your vodka brand? :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:09 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:03 pm
auroraave wrote:

This may be totally true - but it seems like the debate turned into RW's long term projection of being a pocket passer - the limitations because of his height - and Jacknut was very definitely not convinced he could. I think the debate was more about Flynn's height being an advantage in the long run. The dude calling him the next Michael jordan though.... anyone remember who that guy was? Two seasons in, all time great running back and defense, RW basically a support role, and this guy was putting him on the highest pedestal in sports.

Is Dementia your vodka brand? :D
:) ABSOLUT ly lol

Oh that was Hawkbowler with the MJ projection and we all know he literally lost him mind on the Politics forum. I thought it was because his wife left him for a woman but maybe it was because RW fell short of MJ! :shock: :)
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm

HawkBowler was the President if the Wilson fan club, and there was another guy that called him the Michael Jordan of the NFL. The same guy wasn't really a football fan, and posted a lot of stuff about concussions. I don't remember his name tho. Seaholic, or something to that effect maybe?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm
HawkBowler was the President if the Wilson fan club, and there was another guy that called him the Michael Jordan of the NFL. The same guy wasn't really a football fan, and posted a lot of stuff about concussions. I don't remember his name tho. Seaholic, or something to that effect maybe?
So, do you still have your Matt Flynn lunch box and stickers? :lol:

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:16 pm

HawkBowler... that guy has gone places (and continues to go places) that nobody has. :roll:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:14 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:16 pm
HawkBowler... that guy has gone places (and continues to go places) that nobody has. :roll:
I have never witnessed someone literally go insane even online until him.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:49 pm

It just continues! lol

Hawks have "Done their homework" LOL

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/ ... gr%5Etweet[/tweet]
dt