Breaking: Baker to Carolina

Michael K.

Re: Breaking: Baker to Carolina

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 pm

I have to admit, the Baker stuff concerned me, much for what Aurora has said…that maybe he wins a game or two more. But, my fear was mostly because Pete would allow his ego to make him believe they are a Championship team because he could “fix” Baker.

Mayfield would more than likely have been a better QB than the two we have. Hell, he might have been a better QB that what we saw out of Wilson last year. This still wouldn’t be a very good team, and I’d rather see what Lock brings and look for QBs of the future.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 pm
I have to admit, the Baker stuff concerned me, much for what Aurora has said…that maybe he wins a game or two more. But, my fear was mostly because Pete would allow his ego to make him believe they are a Championship team because he could “fix” Baker.

Mayfield would more than likely have been a better QB than the two we have. Hell, he might have been a better QB that what we saw out of Wilson last year. This still wouldn’t be a very good team, and I’d rather see what Lock brings and look for QBs of the future.
Not to mention Baker is in the last year of his rookie deal - so - he does well next season in Seattle - and Seattle has to make a huge decision - pay him big, or move on. Big risk factor. If you pay him big, you just fucked your salary cap - RIGHT after bringing it way down. You pay him big, he gets injured, or underproduces. Huge risk there. Nothing about mayfield to Seattle made sense when you think it through, accept as clickbait. Luckily, we have the media who dismisses critical thinking and analysis for click bait hysteria. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 pm

Gentle reminder that Lock went 4-1 as a rookie starter.
See also: 2019 Denver Broncos season
Lock suffered a thumb injury in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2019.[14] He was designated for return from injured reserve on November 12, 2019, and resumed practicing with the team.

On November 30, 2019, the Broncos activated Lock off of injured reserve and named him the starter for their game the next day against the Los Angeles Chargers.[15] He threw for 134 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception, and he moved the Broncos down the field in the last 15 seconds (via a pass interference penalty on the Chargers' Casey Heyward Jr.) to set up a Brandon McManus 53-yard field goal as time expired, leading the Broncos to a 23–20 win, his first NFL victory.[16]

During Week 14 against the Houston Texans, a game in which the Texans were favored by nine points, Lock threw three touchdowns in the first half and led another scoring drive to start the second half, giving his team a 38–3 lead. The Broncos eventually won the game 38–24, and Lock finished with 309 passing yards, three touchdowns, and an interception.[17] He ended up starting the remainder of the season.

In five games, he finished with 1,020 passing yards, seven touchdowns, and three interceptions.[18] He went 4–1 as a starter in 2019 and in the process, tied with legendary Broncos quarterback John Elway for the most franchise wins by a rookie QB with four, only needing five games to accomplish the feat that Elway did not reach until his 10th game.[19]
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 pm

Gentle reminder that AFTER those 5 games he absolutely sucked donkey dick. The argument that he went 4-1 three years ago is like saying Kaepernick was good for a season and a half so we should ignore the fact he was terrible after that.

I will grant you he was dealt a bad hand with the rotating OCs, so maybe there's hope for him, but your faith in him is just blind. HOPING he's good is one thing, BELIEVING he's good is just crazy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:31 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 pm

Gentle reminder that AFTER those 5 games he absolutely sucked donkey dick. The argument that he went 4-1 three years ago is like saying Kaepernick was good for a season and a half so we should ignore the fact he was terrible after that.

I will grant you he was dealt a bad hand with the rotating OCs, so maybe there's hope for him, but your faith in him is just blind. HOPING he's good is one thing, BELIEVING he's good is just crazy.
Nope it is hope not belief. I like underdogs and he is a huge one.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:41 am

I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for RW in the early years.

Literally everyone though he would suck because he was too short. I even remember posting the heights of his O linemen at Wisconsin that average about 6-5" tall. I remember a guy on the Times forum that was out of his mind furious that we didn't start Flynn. Michael probably remember. Jack something?

I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for DK his rookie year.

Almost everyone thought he was just a big fast guy who didn't know how or couldn't run routes.

Lock is an even bigger longshot because he definitely has sucked in the NFL unlike those two guys but I see a glimmer of hope that I don't see with the older options or the 2022 draft picks that we could have went with.

We shall see. Doesn't hurt to root for the guy to resurrect his career. Would be a great story.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:41 am
I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for RW in the early years.

Literally everyone though he would suck because he was too short. I even remember posting the heights of his O linemen at Wisconsin that average about 6-5" tall. I remember a guy on the Times forum that was out of his mind furious that we didn't start Flynn. Michael probably remember. Jack something?

I am rooting for Lock for the same reason I rooted for DK his rookie year.

Almost everyone thought he was just a big fast guy who didn't know how or couldn't run routes.

Lock is an even bigger longshot because he definitely has sucked in the NFL unlike those two guys but I see a glimmer of hope that I don't see with the older options or the 2022 draft picks that we could have went with.

We shall see. Doesn't hurt to root for the guy to resurrect his career. Would be a great story.
Jacknut!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:59 pm

Yeah, I think it was Jacknut. After the 2 and 2 start when we easily should have been 4 and 0? I agreed with him. Not because Russ sucked, but because conservaPete showed up. Very winnable games but we basically played Jimmy Lake offense. It was terrible. Little did I know I would still be irate with PC for the same shit even after Russ became a Pro Bowler.

My thoughts back then were they were gonna screw up a playoff team by holding the QB's hands. Might not have been untrue since we could have won the division with a better start. But, two Super Bowls later most forgot all about it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:59 pm
Yeah, I think it was Jacknut. After the 2 and 2 start when we easily should have been 4 and 0? I agreed with him. Not because Russ sucked, but because conservaPete showed up. Very winnable games but we basically played Jimmy Lake offense. It was terrible. Little did I know I would still be irate with PC for the same shit even after Russ became a Pro Bowler.

My thoughts back then were they were gonna screw up a playoff team by holding the QB's hands. Might not have been untrue since we could have won the division with a better start. But, two Super Bowls later most forgot all about it.
Never forget watching game one in a Seahawks bar in San Diego. Was one of the best times I have ever had watching a Seahawk game ever......until the end when RW couldn't finish the job.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:59 pm

Here it is. I have ZERO memory of Charly Martin or Braylon Edwards being Seahawks. lol
last drive.JPG
last drive.JPG (43.58 KiB) Viewed 488 times
dt