Why the Hawks won't suck

D-train

Why the Hawks won't suck

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:31 pm

dt

SeattleAddict

Re: Why the Hawks won't suck

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:39 pm

pretty accurate assessment of the reasons for positivity. Plus, judging by the guns on the woman on the left, she could be our new starting LG.

Only problem is I could write a stronger piece for "reasons the Hawks WILL suck" and it starts with having the worst QB room in the NFL. Everything else hinges on unproven rookies - if they're great, it's exciting. If they all Collier it, it's going to be painful.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:39 pm
pretty accurate assessment of the reasons for positivity. Plus, judging by the guns on the woman on the left, she could be our new starting LG.

Only problem is I could write a stronger piece for "reasons the Hawks WILL suck" and it starts with having the worst QB room in the NFL. Everything else hinges on unproven rookies - if they're great, it's exciting. If they all Collier it, it's going to be painful.
Collier was an absurd reach that they fell in love with after watching him in a few plays at an exhibition game. Which draft pick fits that bill.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Well to be fair the senior bowl has to do with the entire week

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

Collier was an absurd reach that they fell in love with after watching him in a few plays at an exhibition game. Which draft pick fits that bill.
I'm not comparing any of the guys in this draft to him. I am more excited about our 5th rounders than I was about Collier. Simply using him as an example of a draft pick that ended up sucking - I could've used McDowell or Penny or Owen Gill or any number of others, but LJ is the poster child for disappointment.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:13 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

I'm not comparing any of the guys in this draft to him. I am more excited about our 5th rounders than I was about Collier. Simply using him as an example of a draft pick that ended up sucking - I could've used McDowell or Penny or Owen Gill or any number of others, but LJ is the poster child for disappointment.
Yeah, that is what gives me the most hope. They totally pulled their heads out for this draft and hopefully will do the same with the defensive scheme given the massive personnel changes on that side of the ball. I don't think they gave Waldron free reign in his first season as an OC either. That could be nice surprise as well.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:16 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:42 pm
Well to be fair the senior bowl has to do with the entire week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Yes, you hate the trade. I don’t care. Adams is really, really good. Ken Norton was really, unnecessarily, bad at his job.

Can you even set aside your biases long enough to consider Quandre Diggs alongside a (finally) healthy Adams - by his own admission - in a scheme focused on competence?

Clint Hurtt has some absolute difference makers to work with. I do not know if the best version of Seattle would be able to keep up with the best version of the Los Angeles Rams defense this year, but I’d take them over the other two and I do think the Seahawks have the firepower to keep it close. Defense will be the primary storyline this year in regards to Seattle’s success, for those paying enough attention.
Shit, did I write this article and forget about it?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:11 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:02 pm
Yes, you hate the trade. I don’t care. Adams is really, really good. Ken Norton was really, unnecessarily, bad at his job.

Can you even set aside your biases long enough to consider Quandre Diggs alongside a (finally) healthy Adams - by his own admission - in a scheme focused on competence?

Clint Hurtt has some absolute difference makers to work with. I do not know if the best version of Seattle would be able to keep up with the best version of the Los Angeles Rams defense this year, but I’d take them over the other two and I do think the Seahawks have the firepower to keep it close. Defense will be the primary storyline this year in regards to Seattle’s success, for those paying enough attention.
Shit, did I write this article and forget about it?
:) Seahawk bloggers are actually pretty damn good. FAR better than the Mariners bloggers. Maybe it is because I know less about football than baseball. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:16 pm

Sorry, I just never understood the logic that we could ask our defense to play the dogshit scheme they played, and yet it was somehow the players fault it didn't work. Third and seven, line up 8 yards off the ball and retreat!? WTF is that even about?

The QB's biggest question was with wide open WR should he throw to for the 1st down!? Then? Pete would come out and blame the pass rush!? Fuck, the last two seasons were so God Damn frustrating.