Kyler's contract is hilarious

SeattleAddict

Kyler's contract is hilarious

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:23 am

It includes a clause that he has to do 4 hours of independent study per game week, instead of playing video games. They actually had to specify that.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/155 ... de%3Dfalse[/tweet]

corny as he was, never had to worry about that with RW. Actually, I can't imagine you would with any other QB in the NFL either.

douche

Re: Kyler's contract is hilarious

Post by douche » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:09 am

It sounds preposterous. Although it also sounds like Murray is 'all in'. If I had to stipulate this sort of thing, I would consider a new quarterback.

On that note, I never would have paid Rogers. I would have let him walk. Pay a 38 yr old prima donna $200 million and hamper your salary cap? Forget it. The Packers wasted his best years. They're no closer to a SB.

Next up? RW and his $50 million dollar deal. Good on ya, Denver.

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:07 am

Any chance the hawks finish with a better record ?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:08 am

Yeah, say what you will, but Russ had four hours in before Monday. Kyler is a joke. I run fast, so I'll just show up and play. It explains a lot of why he looks so lost at times though. Go back and watch the ass kicking they took in the playoffs to the Rams. That kid looked completely lost. Though, to be fair, so did Russ one year earlier against that very same Rams team.

That said, it raises some eyebrows. I have watched Kyler a ton. Exceptional athlete, great arm, but never once does he remind you of a thinking mans QB. A guy that will be able to make things happen when he is dinged up or no longer a freak athlete. Look at his stats to finish seasons. He is not as mobile because he always gets a little dinged up, then? He is average. Study film, learn the game, don't just rely on your athleticism. Imagine if Michael Jordan had just decided all he ever had to do was jump over everyone.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:09 am

Nwadventure wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:07 am
Any chance the hawks finish with a better record ?
Not a great one, but there is a chance. I will bet that we beat them once. Their coach is a bafoon and their QB is a dummie! LOL

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:32 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:08 am
Yeah, say what you will, but Russ had four hours in before Monday. Kyler is a joke. I run fast, so I'll just show up and play. It explains a lot of why he looks so lost at times though. Go back and watch the ass kicking they took in the playoffs to the Rams. That kid looked completely lost. Though, to be fair, so did Russ one year earlier against that very same Rams team.

That said, it raises some eyebrows. I have watched Kyler a ton. Exceptional athlete, great arm, but never once does he remind you of a thinking mans QB. A guy that will be able to make things happen when he is dinged up or no longer a freak athlete. Look at his stats to finish seasons. He is not as mobile because he always gets a little dinged up, then? He is average. Study film, learn the game, don't just rely on your athleticism. Imagine if Michael Jordan had just decided all he ever had to do was jump over everyone.
I like Kyler as an athlete... but this makes me think he's a future Kaepernick.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:32 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:08 am

I like Kyler as an athlete... but this makes me think he's a future Kaepernick.
This is the new breed of NFL quarterbacks - super athletes playing the QB position without the required skill set to sustain past the first contract. Short term gain, but a short term future. There is no longevity expected anymore. It' all about highlights now - that's great for ESPN and jersey sales, etal, but that flame burns out the moment the athleticism is affected. It's street ball. Wilson plays a version of it, but has had a lot of protection by having a running game to take pressure off.

People can criticize Murray about that clause - and rightfully so, but let's remember Wilson spent the last few seasons concentrating on shilling water, perfume, clothes, a podcast and an endless assortment of other brand building nonsense - but when it came time to perform on the big stage - he folded. Wilson dragged Seattle exactly nowhere. Perhaps there should be a clause in his contract about spending 4 hours a day not shilling shit to the masses and studying film himself. For a guy that everyone seems to think was doing all of this studying, he completely shit the bed at home against a team he sees twice a year - seemingly completely unprepared - and could not adapt to a cover two look so he pouted and checked out. He seemed to only be able to exploit a cover zero look. Wilson talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Sorry, he's a fraud. All about style and not substance. Dude went from the greatest QB in team history to the biggest narcissist.
Last edited by auroraave on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:59 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 pm

People can criticize Murray about that clause - and rightfully so, but let's remember Wilson spent the last few seasons concentrating on shilling water, perfume, clothes, a podcast and an endless assortment of other brand building nonsense - but when it came time to perform on the big stage - he folded. Wilson dragged Seattle exactly nowhere. Perhaps there should be a clause in his contract about spending 4 hours a day not shilling shit to the masses and studying film himself. For a guy that everyone seems to think was doing all of this studying, he completely shit the bed at home against a team he sees twice a year - seemingly completely unprepared - and could not adapt to a cover two look so he pouted and checked out. He seemed to only be able to exploit a cover zero look. Wilson talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Sorry, he's a fraud. All about style and not substance.
Good point. I think after second and goal, Russ might have worked a little less hard. Why not? You can actually throw a pick on the goal line to lose the Super Bowl and take no blame. Why kill yourself?

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:59 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 pm

People can criticize Murray about that clause - and rightfully so, but let's remember Wilson spent the last few seasons concentrating on shilling water, perfume, clothes, a podcast and an endless assortment of other brand building nonsense - but when it came time to perform on the big stage - he folded. Wilson dragged Seattle exactly nowhere. Perhaps there should be a clause in his contract about spending 4 hours a day not shilling shit to the masses and studying film himself. For a guy that everyone seems to think was doing all of this studying, he completely shit the bed at home against a team he sees twice a year - seemingly completely unprepared - and could not adapt to a cover two look so he pouted and checked out. He seemed to only be able to exploit a cover zero look. Wilson talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Sorry, he's a fraud. All about style and not substance.
Good point. I think after second and goal, Russ might have worked a little less hard. Why not? You can actually throw a pick on the goal line to lose the Super Bowl and take no blame. Why kill yourself?
The Lambs loss is worse to me. Wilson has the perfect opportunity to cement his legacy - and he completely blew it - he wasn't just beaten, he was embarrassed. An opportunity to show the world it wasn't the defense that carried Seattle to the SB - and he proved it was. Kaepernick would've at least put up a fight vs the Lambs. Unprepared Wilson couldn't be bothered, nah, he had other shit to do. That day his legacy went into the toilet in my opinion. People should go back and read the Post Mortem from that game. Wilson's career in Seattle was over after that game - he collected a paycheck for a couple more seasons though. Dude has become way too arrogant for a guy that could not ever beat the Lambs.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm

No argument here. The Rams loss was pretty much the last straw for me. I was done with both Pete and Russ. Russ bitching at the Super Bowl because he spent all the money we have and doesn't have the same weapons as Patrick on a rookie deal or Tom Brady who took less was the biggest reason I was OK with them keeping Pete instead of him. How tone deaf do you have to be to talk about all the times you have been hit after a season his O Line was top 10 in pass block win rate, and how big of a Jack Ass do you have to be to compare yourself to those two guys and act like the reason Tom has all this talent around him is he has a say in it!?

Brady has that talent because

1. There was money left to pay the talent after he signed.
2. Guys want to play with him.

Name someone that took less to come here because they just had to play with Russ.