Kyler's contract is hilarious

auroraave

Re: Kyler's contract is hilarious

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:00 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm
No argument here. The Rams loss was pretty much the last straw for me. I was done with both Pete and Russ. Russ bitching at the Super Bowl because he spent all the money we have and doesn't have the same weapons as Patrick on a rookie deal or Tom Brady who took less was the biggest reason I was OK with them keeping Pete instead of him. How tone deaf do you have to be to talk about all the times you have been hit after a season his O Line was top 10 in pass block win rate, and how big of a Jack Ass do you have to be to compare yourself to those two guys and act like the reason Tom has all this talent around him is he has a say in it!?

Brady has that talent because

1. There was money left to pay the talent after he signed.
2. Guys want to play with him.

Name someone that took less to come here because they just had to play with Russ.
I don't begrudge Wilson getting his money - he earned it. What bothers me is getting paid, and then checking out. That is unforgivable to me. The dude nonstop sells himself as all about winning, the hustle, putting in the work, all the PR cliche's to build his image - then promptly checks out. You can't have it both ways. When he was all about the game and actually putting in full effort - mistakes are forgiven - when he decides to just phone it in - going against literally everything he constantly preached about - that is pure hypocrasy. And to be fair - Brady IS all in ALL the time - he is an-all weather QB - he gets the ball out - he takes what the defense gives him - he carried the offense, he is a consummate professional. Wilson will never be that good. Brady is about winning - Wilson is about Wilson - he's a dude that is chasing personnal accolades and celebrity. Make no mistake, I love Wilson's tenure here - no regrets - but he checked out a few years ago, and I wasn't the only one that noticed.

On wilson's insta page he's wearing an old school donkey's jersey - #3. The dude wears his own jersey around town. My god, how narcissistic is that? #cringeRuss

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:19 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:00 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm
No argument here. The Rams loss was pretty much the last straw for me. I was done with both Pete and Russ. Russ bitching at the Super Bowl because he spent all the money we have and doesn't have the same weapons as Patrick on a rookie deal or Tom Brady who took less was the biggest reason I was OK with them keeping Pete instead of him. How tone deaf do you have to be to talk about all the times you have been hit after a season his O Line was top 10 in pass block win rate, and how big of a Jack Ass do you have to be to compare yourself to those two guys and act like the reason Tom has all this talent around him is he has a say in it!?

Brady has that talent because

1. There was money left to pay the talent after he signed.
2. Guys want to play with him.

Name someone that took less to come here because they just had to play with Russ.
I don't begrudge Wilson getting his money - he earned it. What bothers me is getting paid, and then checking out. That is unforgivable to me. The dude nonstop sells himself as all about winning, the hustle, putting in the work, all the PR cliche's to build his image - then promptly checks out. You can't have it both ways. When he was all about the game and actually putting in full effort - mistakes are forgiven - when he decides to just phone it in - going against literally everything he constantly preached about - that is pure hypocrasy. And to be fair - Brady IS all in ALL the time - he is an-all weather QB - he gets the ball out - he takes what the defense gives him - he carried the offense, he is a consummate professional. Wilson will never be that good. Brady is about winning - Wilson is about Wilson - he's a dude that is chasing personnal accolades and celebrity. Make no mistake, I love Wilson's tenure here - no regrets - but he checked out a few years ago, and I wasn't the only one that noticed.

On wilson's insta page he's wearing an old school donkey's jersey - #3. The dude wears his own jersey around town. My god, how narcissistic is that? #cringeRuss
Looks like he finally trying to be more genuine in his latest vid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/gregbrayman/status/ ... 0111427584
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Jesus - the dude wears his own jersey around. Also, those are his "3 brand" pants, same as the bag - the brand tags conveniently visible. His entire picture is an exercise in shameless self promotion. THE DUDE WEARS HIS OWN JERSEY. Is there anyone on here that isn't embarrassed for him? Just... wow. :roll:
#cringeRuss indeed. :lol:
Attachments
CrinngeRuss.jpg
CrinngeRuss.jpg (72.97 KiB) Viewed 556 times

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:07 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:00 pm

I am not saying he can't ask for the most money, sure, he can. What I would like him to do is look inward when he bitches about what the rest of the money is spent on. His pissy fit at the Super Bowl was pathetic. Brady took way less and Mahomes was still on his rookie deal. If you want to compare yourself to thim, first, play like them, which he doesn't and second, make that kind of money.

Mahomes made his money, and guess what? No Tyreek! If Mahomes turns around and bitches about a lack of talent around him? I'll say the same damn thing. Russ looked like a bitchy little baby. Then? He complains about being hit, the year after his O Line did the best job they have ever done in pass pro. He was deflecting blame.

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:59 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 pm

Good point. I think after second and goal, Russ might have worked a little less hard. Why not? You can actually throw a pick on the goal line to lose the Super Bowl and take no blame. Why kill yourself?
The Lambs loss is worse to me. Wilson has the perfect opportunity to cement his legacy - and he completely blew it - he wasn't just beaten, he was embarrassed. An opportunity to show the world it wasn't the defense that carried Seattle to the SB - and he proved it was. Kaepernick would've at least put up a fight vs the Lambs. Unprepared Wilson couldn't be bothered, nah, he had other shit to do. That day his legacy went into the toilet in my opinion. People should go back and read the Post Mortem from that game. Wilson's career in Seattle was over after that game - he collected a paycheck for a couple more seasons though. Dude has become way too arrogant for a guy that could not ever beat the Lambs.
Following the Seahawks since being 7/1976- That RW / Rams episode was life changing, he had to interest in the game, no self respect, no fight- Just a complete failure who wanted more big/time photo shoots- Don't want to hate the guy for what he has done but SO glad to see him gone-

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:59 pm

Yeah, I really don't think many Hawks fans look back fondly at Wilson shitting his pants immediately after the snap in every game he ever played against the Rams. There was something about that Defense, even before Donald, that brought out the sissy in him. Hard to throw down field when you are looking for a hole in the ground to climb into. He would start spinning in circles before the rush was there. That playoff game was the utmost worst. I think he was so scared, and so certain that they couldn't beat us with Goff with a broken thumb and what ever backup they ran out there, that he just tried his damndest not to be the reason we lost. And he turned out to be just that.

I was so tired of watching Ramsey talk shit to DK. DK beat him MANY times, and Russ would either miss him or already be looking to run, regardless of the rush. I think that might have been the worst game I have seen from a Seahawk QB in the playoffs, counting Hass' game in Chicago Pete's first year here.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 am

Here's to hoping either us or Denver ends up with the worst record.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:15 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 am
Or, just them. Not sure there is a generational talent in next year's draft to make me want to suffer through the worst season in the league.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:15 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Or, just them. Not sure there is a generational talent in next year's draft to make me want to suffer through the worst season in the league.
And if there was one, it could turn out like Andrew Luck who was the most highly touted QB of this Century.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:44 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:15 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
And if there was one, it could turn out like Andrew Luck who was the most highly touted QB of this Century.
Great point. Tho, if the Colts had a clue how to build a team around him they might have kept him from retiring. Russ bitched about getting hit in Seattle and the talent around him? We would probably have three rings and still have Luck if we had ended up with him and not Russ.

Can you imagine a guy with Luck's skillset on those teams? We beat the Pat's, win another one later, and, IMO, Luck loves it here and signs. The Colts did a terrible job of optimizing Luck. That said, they had less to work with to begin with, which is why they had Luck in the first place.

Still, imagine if they had kept Arians instead of going with the sentimental favorite in Pegano?