KJ Returns - Signs One Day Contract

Michael K.

Re: KJ Returns - Signs One Day Contract

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:10 am
He currently co-hosts the 710espn afternoon show. Probably my favorite guy to listen to because he is both interesting and funny and unlike the majority of sports radio hosts he doesn't take himself too seriously.
Wyman can be a bit of a homer, especially in his defense of the organization and Pete, but I do like to listen to him.

One more story about that training camp. Don't ask me why, but I went to the Seahawk Training camp in a Husky hat. Maybe I didn't have a Hawks hat? Any way, this guy asks me how I think the Huskies are going to do this coming season. I was young, really didn't know much about anything besides QB, RB and WR play, a few guys on defense (Ray Horton is still my all time favorite Husky), so I say to him "I don't know, two years ago they lost Paul Skansi, this year they lose Dannie Green, I am just not sure how good they will be throwing it"...something to that effect. He smiles, says "I think we will be fine" or something like that. I look at the autograph....it's Paul Skansi. He probably thought I was sucking up! Funny thing is, Danny Green was on that Seahawk team as well, I think.

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:02 am

In the photo of KJ signing his one day contract, who is the guy behind him? And I can't tell because of the crop, but it looks like a woman next to him.

Were they his folks?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:11 am

Huh, yeah probably, I was thinking it was staff guy, what a nice gig that was

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 am

Brandon Mebane
Jacob Green
Tez- your prescence is missed Big Man
Red Bryant
Sherman Smith
Charlie Young
Jon Ryan

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:07 am

Bil522 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 am
Brandon Mebane
Jacob Green
Tez- your prescence is missed Big Man
Red Bryant
Sherman Smith
Charlie Young
Jon Ryan
:?:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:56 am

Tez gets forgotten due to the terrible teams he played on I guess

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:08 pm

Why is Jon Ryan on that list?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:05 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:08 pm
Why is Jon Ryan on that list?
Jon Ryan should be on EVERY list of great Seahawks. The Ginga Ninja!

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:11 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:10 pm

One more story about that training camp. Don't ask me why, but I went to the Seahawk Training camp in a Husky hat. Maybe I didn't have a Hawks hat? Any way, this guy asks me how I think the Huskies are going to do this coming season. I was young, really didn't know much about anything besides QB, RB and WR play, a few guys on defense (Ray Horton is still my all time favorite Husky), so I say to him "I don't know, two years ago they lost Paul Skansi, this year they lose Dannie Green, I am just not sure how good they will be throwing it"...something to that effect. He smiles, says "I think we will be fine" or something like that. I look at the autograph....it's Paul Skansi. He probably thought I was sucking up! Funny thing is, Danny Green was on that Seahawk team as well, I think.
Skansi was a great guy, and a helluva good WR. Largen-esque white guy without blazing speed, under 6', but could run routes and never dropped anything. I played a 24-hour basketball marathon with him way back when. I can't swear to the timeframe, but I'm pretty sure he was with the Seahawks at the time, so amazing he would risk injury. Times were different then. Anyway, super nice guy. pretty average basketball player haha

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Skansi was like the Covey kid from Utah (without the speed) - he was always getting drilled by opposing DBs laying the hammer, and yet he still never dropped anything! the absolute antithesis of Koren Robinson.