KJ Returns - Signs One Day Contract

auroraave

KJ Returns - Signs One Day Contract

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:52 pm

So he can retire a Hawk. Pretty cool. Check out these two pics from the signing. This says everything. Seattle is still a great organization. The look on Pete and John as they watch him sign - like proud parents, then KJ emotional. This is what it is all about.
Oh, side note - I wonder if he negotiated his own deal? :lol:
Attachments
KJ2.jpg
KJ2.jpg (50.61 KiB) Viewed 563 times
KJ1.jpg
KJ1.jpg (71.71 KiB) Viewed 563 times

maoling

Re: KJ Returns - Signs One Day Contract

Post by maoling » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:48 pm

This is just great. My feelings exactly, aurora. Classy move.

He's ROH to me. Hope he will remain with the organization in some capacity for years to come. One of my all-time favorite Hawks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Lot's of punks, loud mouths, narcissistic dopes in the NFL these days.

He was the antithesis of that. Salt of the Earth. God speed KJ.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:19 pm

If the Seahawks had an all "good guy team" he'd be on it for sure. Who else would be on it, with criteria they had to be a significant contributer, too.

Russ (corny or not)
Largent
KJ
BWagz
Lockett
Avril?
Zorn
??

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:26 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:19 pm
If the Seahawks had an all "good guy team" he'd be on it for sure. Who else would be on it, with criteria they had to be a significant contributer, too.

Russ (corny or not)
Largent
KJ
BWagz
Lockett
Avril?
Zorn
??
Hasselbeck
Shawn Alexander
Lofa
Kam
Pete Metzelaars - mostly because it's fun to say "Pete Metzelaars"

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:56 pm

Dan Doornink, Walter Jones, Dave Krieg.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:56 pm
Dan Doornink, Walter Jones, Dave Krieg.
yes! I had all of them on my original list but didn't want it to be too long, and wanted to temper my man-love for Dan Doornink that I have expressed many times on this forum lol.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:55 pm

I have a different story on Dave K. Was in Cheney one summer as a kid. Got so many autographs. The one I didn't get was Kenny Easley, he damn near ran me over in the tunnel...wasn't stopping for no one! Jeff Weaver is a dickhead, I remember that. Zorn and Largent? I have no idea how they ever got to practice. Surrounded from jump, and stood their and signed every damn autograph. This was after Krieg had taken the starting job, so there was a very similar crowd around him. He signed four, grabbed my paper, got as far as Dave K then shook his hand, hands the pen and paper back to me, exclaims to all that will listen "fuck, my hand hurts" than walks off.

So, not sure about All Good Guy Team. LOL KJ though? Damn, who doesn't like KJ. This is real cool, glad they did this for him. Nice moment.

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:50 am

I have a different story on Dave K.

Yup, me too on Dave K. When I had my concessions business and was working nearly every freaking fair in the state, he and Mrs. K were hanging around my booth at Evergreen State Fair one day, so I gave them a couple piroshkies and said, "Thanks Dave, my family has season tickets at the Kingdome and I love watching you play, man."

Five minutes later he comes back to my booth and throws some money across the counter and walks away. Not the most gracious guy in the world.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:40 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:50 am
I have a different story on Dave K.

Yup, me too on Dave K. When I had my concessions business and was working nearly every freaking fair in the state, he and Mrs. K were hanging around my booth at Evergreen State Fair one day, so I gave them a couple piroshkies and said, "Thanks Dave, my family has season tickets at the Kingdome and I love watching you play, man."

Five minutes later he comes back to my booth and throws some money across the counter and walks away. Not the most gracious guy in the world.
I heard Lester Hayes intercepted the money and was last seen sprinting for the end zone, er, scone booth to the sound of Chris Berman's "He. Could. Go. All. The. Way!" :D
Last edited by auroraave on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.