Jets gonna Jet
dt

auroraave

Re: Training Camp has FINALLY begun!

Post by auroraave » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:44 pm
Jets gonna Jet
Wow, that seems alike a huge overpay. Oh, it's the Jets, so, of course. I like where Seattle's oline is at - loved DB, but he is totally expendable. Let the young 'uns take their lumps this season, there is a solid future up front for this team.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Heard on the radio that Penny is out for the first preseason game with a groin "issue".

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:37 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:49 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:44 pm
Jets gonna Jet
Wow, that seems alike a huge overpay. Oh, it's the Jets, so, of course. I like where Seattle's oline is at - loved DB, but he is totally expendable. Let the young 'uns take their lumps this season, there is a solid future up front for this team.
I like it too. I almost added it as one of my top three position groups before settling on CB as third. I think the Tackle position is set, for once. Do I think there will be growing pains with two Rookie's? Sure, but if we make the playoffs this year it is gravy. I like the way the team shapes up for down the road. Add a QB, let the O Line jell, add a pass rusher or two, let the CBs mature....and we are pretty good. Yeah, "add a QB" is easier said than done, but even a Matt Hasselbeck Dave Krieg type could win with the right pieces around them. I think we have some good pieces. Young and hungry, needing a QB. The last time we said that we got some short dude from NC State the next year in the draft.

Those early Pete teams were nasty, fun to watch. I think the Tackles we have now fit that bill, as well as Lewis. I think the kid from Michigan State fits that bill, we know DK does, and there is plenty of dog in Brooks and Adams, not to mention Diggs. We get a some what dynamic young playmaker at Qb that will play within the system? Am I dreaming, or does this seem an awful lot like the Post Hasselbeck team?