Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 46436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:14 pm
Yeah if I would win $1M dollars if I was right I would likely have a different prediction. lol Just being a fanatic which precludes logic most of the time.
You should lay a bet in Vegas. Put down $100.
I would win $450. You have to put up $649 to win $100 if you bet they won't make the playoffs.
Seattle Seahawks’ 2022 playoff odds
Will Seahawks make the playoffs: Yes +450 | No -649
$100 bet on them winning the SB pays $10k

https://sportsbookwire.usatoday.com/202 ... sion-odds/
dt

SeattleAddict
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:38 pm

$100 to win $450 might be a decent bet. Do I think they'll make it? no... but I could envision a couple of ways it could happen:

A) Lock turns out to be as good as PC acts like he is
B) Geno turns out to be as good as PC says he is
C) Both suck, and they bring in Jimmy G. He's kinda awful, but he does know how to win.

All of the above apply to the rookies, too. I think Walker might end up being a game changing star. If for instance Mafe doesn't work out, they'll make a trade like they did for Dunlap.

I think there's a solid 1:4 chance this happens.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 46436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:44 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:38 pm
$100 to win $450 might be a decent bet. Do I think they'll make it? no... but I could envision a couple of ways it could happen:

A) Lock turns out to be as good as PC acts like he is
B) Geno turns out to be as good as PC says he is
C) Both suck, and they bring in Jimmy G. He's kinda awful, but he does know how to win.

All of the above apply to the rookies, too. I think Walker might end up being a game changing star. If for instance Mafe doesn't work out, they'll make a trade like they did for Dunlap.

I think there's a solid 1:4 chance this happens.
Agree on Walker. Watched his 5 TD game vs. Michigan with my jaw agape. Not sure why but not sold on Mafe. Bryant will go down as the steal of the 2022 draft. Book it.
dt

SeattleAddict
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:44 pm


Agree on Walker. Watched his 5 TD game vs. Michigan with my jaw agape. Not sure why but not sold on Mafe. Bryant will go down as the steal of the 2022 draft. Book it.
I can't wait for preseason to see these guys. Usually you can tell right away - remember Frank Clark's rookie year? Everybody thought he was a reach, then he looked like a man among boys in preseason. And when they suck, they don't show up at all.

I think Mafe will be one of those guys that doesn't do much at first, but develops into a solid player. Rasheem Green-esque maybe? He is a bit raw, but what makes me nervous is nobody has mentioned him in training camp. I keep hearing good things about all the rookies, but never a word about Mafe.

Lucas has been playing 2nd string behind Curhan, BTW - they might be switching off, though.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 46436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:08 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:44 pm


Agree on Walker. Watched his 5 TD game vs. Michigan with my jaw agape. Not sure why but not sold on Mafe. Bryant will go down as the steal of the 2022 draft. Book it.
I can't wait for preseason to see these guys. Usually you can tell right away - remember Frank Clark's rookie year? Everybody thought he was a reach, then he looked like a man among boys in preseason. And when they suck, they don't show up at all.

I think Mafe will be one of those guys that doesn't do much at first, but develops into a solid player. Rasheem Green-esque maybe? He is a bit raw, but what makes me nervous is nobody has mentioned him in training camp. I keep hearing good things about all the rookies, but never a word about Mafe.

Lucas has been playing 2nd string behind Curhan, BTW - they might be switching off, though.
Only 8 days to go! Games are on fairly early for me too, so I'm jacked.
dt

SeattleAddict
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Only 8 days to go! Games are on fairly early for me too, so I'm jacked.
We need a new contest. Doesn't have to be a prize or anything, I just like comparing football IQ/random guesswork with the rest of you schmucks.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 46436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:25 pm

There is a football game tonight!
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 46436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Last night! :lol:
dt

SeattleAddict
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:25 pm
There is a football game tonight!
that was beautiful.

I watched part of the game last night. I figured it was one of the throwback replays and couldn't figure out why they'd be showing a Jaguars/Raiders game - how much of a classic could that possibly be? Then I saw them interviewing Davante Adams and was "holy crap, live football!"... but it was like 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game, so might as well have been the USFL.

User avatar
Bil522
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:52 am

Re: Please explain Drew Lock and the Seahawks

Post by Bil522 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:42 pm

Stidam looked really good last night

Post Reply