Welcome to the Lock and Load! era of Seahawks football

trharder

Re: Welcome to the Lock and Load! era of Seahawks football

Post by trharder » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:33 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:24 pm
Oh, so you are good with him calling him out after a bad play in practice? Just not for admitting when he played well? Why didn't that crusty fuck Pete have to check the tape before the quite you posted? More bullshit from a guy I am afraid the game has passed by. THIS is not a QB competition. He loves him some Gino, and again, even of Lock FINALLY wins the job, we will still be hearing five or six weeks in how they haven't opened up the play book because of a lack of reps Lock had with the starters. As if it was just dumb luck that he didn't get reps and not some grump old fuck with a man crush over a guy who has been with him several years.
Is MK actually Hugh Breedlove Millen? The message and tone is uncanny.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 pm
Terms of the game passing Pete by, going to be interesting how this plays out. PCJS take gambles and I see this as another one of them.

I wonder how really significant the scrimmage was. I would bet Lock had impressive scrimmages with the Broncos. The guy has talent, that's what I'm beginning to understand. The issue has been his decision making. I don't know if that was tested, and I would think you would have to analyze it to understand
I watched about every play of and his decision making looked solid. Went through his progressions, went for it when it was there and checked down when it wasn't. No idea why PC had to watch it more than once.
Not sure his decision making was ever really challenged, again I would guess he had good scrimmages with the Broncos as well. It's not like he doesn't understand how to check down.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 pm
Terms of the game passing Pete by, going to be interesting how this plays out. PCJS take gambles and I see this as another one of them.

I wonder how really significant the scrimmage was. I would bet Lock had impressive scrimmages with the Broncos. The guy has talent, that's what I'm beginning to understand. The issue has been his decision making. I don't know if that was tested, and I would think you would have to analyze it to understand
I watched about every play of and his decision making looked solid. Went through his progressions, went for it when it was there and checked down when it wasn't. No idea why PC had to watch it more than once.
Not sure his decision making was ever really challenged, again I would guess he had good scrimmages with the Broncos as well. It's not like he doesn't understand how to check down.
I was just describing what I saw. Not sure why you are commented on his Broncos scrimmages or his ability to check down.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 pm

They ran a simpler offense for Lock, I'm saying his decisions might have looked solid in terms of that scrimmage but I'm not sure how that relates to an actual NFL game
. Why is it that the Seahawks basically ran separate offenses for the different quarterbacks? Is it because they’re different players and they built separate game plans for them? No, it’s because when Lock was on the field the offense was running the dumbed-down-for-Jared-Goff version of the offense that reduces the complexity of the reads for the quarterback, while when Smith was under center they ran the drop-back-read-it-and-sling-it-like-Matthew-Stafford version of the same offense.

The reason for that is simple. They know Geno can run the simplified version. The coaching staff of him in real games against real NFL opponents running play action concepts and simplified boots very effectively. They also have film of him playing less effectively when asked to drop straight back, read the defense and get the ball where it’s supposed to go. .

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 pm
They ran a simpler offense for Lock, I'm saying his decisions might have looked solid in terms of that scrimmage but I'm not sure how that relates to an actual NFL game
. Why is it that the Seahawks basically ran separate offenses for the different quarterbacks? Is it because they’re different players and they built separate game plans for them? No, it’s because when Lock was on the field the offense was running the dumbed-down-for-Jared-Goff version of the offense that reduces the complexity of the reads for the quarterback, while when Smith was under center they ran the drop-back-read-it-and-sling-it-like-Matthew-Stafford version of the same offense.

The reason for that is simple. They know Geno can run the simplified version. The coaching staff of him in real games against real NFL opponents running play action concepts and simplified boots very effectively. They also have film of him playing less effectively when asked to drop straight back, read the defense and get the ball where it’s supposed to go. .
Perhaps they should stick with the dumbed-down-for-Jared-Goff offense given it resulted in twice the production vs. the #1 defense than the drop-back-read-it-and-sling-it-like-Matthew-Stafford offense did vs. the #2 defense.

Btw how did Waldron learn the drop-back-read-it-and-sling-it-like-Matthew-Stafford given he left before Stafford arrived. :shock:
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 am

i think it was Softy i heard last week with an interesting take on the QB choice - that the chances of Lock's success here may be better coming in in relief of Geno rather than starting Game 1. Especially with the week 1 opponent being his old team. starting Game 1 would be a lot more pressure than taking over a few weeks in after Geno presumably falters. Cant help but think that has to be in their minds too, in terms of wanting him to succeed to make themselves look good for even giving him a chance when no one else seems to.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:29 am

Donn Beach wrote:

I've been discussing this with some Broncos fans. Lock has consistently had good camps and shown flashes in preseason, and even looks good against bad defenses...but when he goes against good competition, he completely folds. Multiple people had the take that he is good when not pressed, but the game was just too fast for him, and he made bad decisions, when playing against anybody above average.

To me, that puts his ceiling at a .500 QB, and probably significantly less than that if the NFC West stays strong. Maybe if the running game is so strong that he doesn't have to make tough decisions, we'll be ok.

Sadly, that exact same description works for Geno, too. We are fucked this season.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:48 am

57reasons wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 am
i think it was Softy i heard last week with an interesting take on the QB choice - that the chances of Lock's success here may be better coming in in relief of Geno rather than starting Game 1. Especially with the week 1 opponent being his old team. starting Game 1 would be a lot more pressure than taking over a few weeks in after Geno presumably falters. Cant help but think that has to be in their minds too, in terms of wanting him to succeed to make themselves look good for even giving him a chance when no one else seems to.
Well yeah, if he is successful then naturally they look good. But they can't be motivated by wanting to look good. If they give him the job and he fails they look like idiots.

I think it's an interesting situation. Lock isn't the sort of QB one would think Pete be drawn to. If he goes with Lock it would show a lot of flexibility in his thinking. And it would be a gamble. I think it be an interesting chapter to the end of his career

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:28 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:29 am
Donn Beach wrote:

I've been discussing this with some Broncos fans. Lock has consistently had good camps and shown flashes in preseason, and even looks good against bad defenses...but when he goes against good competition, he completely folds. Multiple people had the take that he is good when not pressed, but the game was just too fast for him, and he made bad decisions, when playing against anybody above average.

To me, that puts his ceiling at a .500 QB, and probably significantly less than that if the NFC West stays strong. Maybe if the running game is so strong that he doesn't have to make tough decisions, we'll be ok.

Sadly, that exact same description works for Geno, too. We are fucked this season.
Hey Fraternizing with Bronco fans is grounds for getting kicked off this Forum!!! :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:12 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:29 am
Donn Beach wrote:

btw "inside" info from Bronco fans that Lock isn't a good QB isn't really breaking or insightful info.. Just sayin.
dt