Welcome to the Lock and Load! era of Seahawks football

SeattleAddict

Re: Welcome to the Lock and Load! era of Seahawks football

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:12 pm

btw "inside" info from Bronco fans that Lock isn't a good QB isn't really breaking or insightful info.. Just sayin.
It's more insightful than all of us that haven't ever seen him play discussing how "good" he is. It's pertinent because there is a common theme, beyond "he sucks" or the homer-vibe from Seattle fans on the internet about how he's the next big thing.

I expect him to fall in between - that Geno will start the season, Lock will take over, and we all realize that this whole discussion is dumb because they're both pretty bad.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:32 pm

I am very interested to see what he can do with these weapons. He didn't get a chance last year, IMO, to do anything with Sutton, Juedy and Fant. For some reason they went with Teddy Two Gloves. I think our line will be decent, our backs have potential and our passing game weapons are very VERY good. Give this guy a chance and see what happens. How many chances does Geno need? The guy basically had a starting spot handed to him when we traded Russ and he went out and showed them how much he cares about that by driving 96 mph in a 60 mph zone while drunk! Yep, Pete likes him, good guy, so let's just give him every opportunity needed?

The way his contract is structured he can be cut and it is basically nothing, yet we want to give that guy every opportunity in the world?

He played in four games last year. Had the ball in his hands with a chance to win in three of them and committed the turnover that cost us the game. Punches team mates, speeds while driving drunk, turns the ball over late in close games....yeah, I totally get the love we have for this guy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 pm

I predict Lock starts next weekend. :shock:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 pm

If Lock suddenly decided to identify as a woman would the NFL allow him to remain in the league even if he made it known he wouldn't be taking hormone blockers or have any surgeries? Because that's probably the only way Pete Carroll is going to let him be the starting QB vs Denver. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 pm

Don't know wtf this is but Geno is ranked 18th and RW 24th
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:14 am

I Googled what it was and even after reading the explanation 3 times I still don't know WTF the point is. Something about efficiency, how often they're expected to do something... so maybe handing the ball off lowers it?

Anyway, I see Geno is about equal to Zach Wilson, and Zach Wilson just got a "non-contact" injury during his game that looked like nothing... and those are usually the season-ending type. Maybe the Jets will give us a first and third for Geno??