Sherman compares Brady and Wilson

Donn Beach

Re: Sherman compares Brady and Wilson

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:49 am

Say what you want about RS but the guy is smart, Stanford doesn't turn out dummies

I've asked this before, can someone think of a Stanford graduate NFL player that comes off as an idiot?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:49 am
Say what you want about RS but the guy is smart, Stanford doesn't turn out dummies

I've asked this before, can someone think of a Stanford graduate NFL player that comes off as an idiot?
John Elway? :)

Yeah it is amazing how a guy like Sherm that has it all, Brains, Fame, HOF? athlete and riches seems to be so insecure.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
My answer to that question would immediately be - Richard Sherman.
Sherm has a fairly lucid two minutes as a guest on a podcast and now he's "smart" again?
Do we really need to revisit the mountain of shame?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
My answer to that question would immediately be - Richard Sherman.
Sherm has a fairly lucid two minutes as a guest on a podcast and now he's "smart" again?
Do we really need to revisit the mountain of shame?
He is intelligent but not smart as evidenced by hit recent night of terror in Bellevue.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:13 pm

trharder wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... tiers-2022
This one had Denver at 19 last year. We were six spots lower at 25. WOW, what a major difference! :roll: :shock: :o Russ really got his wish. He has an injury riddled Courtland Sutton and a second year guy with the drops to throw to. Going to be funny watching the Broncos run the ball like it's Seattle 2014!
RW is at his best when the defense is biting hard on the run game. play action. In his early days as a QB, if Marshawn was being stuffed,
RW could manufacture the needed running threat himself by taking off running and demoralizing the defense. You don't see that
anymore. If there's no legit running threat and RW is throwing on every down, he's screwed. No matter how good the O-line is.
This is not going to change just because he moves to Denver and away from Pete.

But, if Denver has a good compliment run game, RW might look like a great QB. We'll see.
Denver supposedly has a strong run game and defense - the exact formula Seattle used to get to the SB twice. RW never carried the team there. Wilson was really good - no question - but there always seemed to be limitations and responsibility shirking. Why the difficulty getting plays called so often? Why did they always struggle to start games or grind out first downs? If he didn't like plays, he could always change them. Why so many three and outs? People talk about RW's late game heroics, but all competent offenses seem to be able to do that - even the LOB had to hold off opposing offenses late in games - usually because our offense could not get a simple first down. We used to have that convo on here all the time - "why can't the defense shut down everyone late in games" and I was always taking the position "why can't our offense get a first down and keep the D off the field?" SO many times a simple first down would end the game.

I'll bet Wilson comes out of the gate hot - but as we've seen before - as soon as defenses adjust, he cools off in a hurry, and then seems to lose interest once the "MVP" chants fade. Denver fans are going to find out Wilson is all about celebrity and personal accolades first. Those AFC West defenses are fast - and the pass rushers are LEGIT. Better than the NFC West. Denver also just lost their #3 wide receiver for the season. Supposedly a baller.

Whatever the reason Wilson could/would not use the middle of the field, let's see if that stays consistent in Denver. Maybe he'll finally take what the defense gives him. Maybe he'll just rely on the run game and defense - keeping all the pressure off of him, while still getting the glory when they win. That feels like classic RW to me.
Last edited by auroraave on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm

He is intelligent but not smart as evidenced by hit recent night of terror in Bellevue.
Obviously we will never know, but that sounded an awful like like depression mixed with alcohol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:16 pm

The fact that RWs late game heroics almost completely dried up the past few years tells me the Broncos likely made a bad trade.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:16 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm

Obviously we will never know, but that sounded an awful like like depression mixed with alcohol.
Yes. Though I think we have all been depressed and drank alcohol. Need manage it in a non dumb way.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:16 pm

Yes. Though I think we have all been depressed and drank alcohol. Need manage it in a non dumb way.
In my younger days I did some dumb ass shit when drunk. It just doesn't go on TMZ when I do it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:16 pm

In my younger days I did some dumb ass shit when drunk. It just doesn't go on TMZ when I do it.
True. Same here, not quite to that level but.......
dt