Sherman compares Brady and Wilson

auroraave

Sherman compares Brady and Wilson

Post by auroraave » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm

This is a really good discussion - fair and balanced. Perfectly captures Wilson and Brady's styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mue5Wgq ... ngsCovered

D-train

Re: Sherman compares Brady and Wilson

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:08 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm
This is a really good discussion - fair and balanced. Perfectly captures Wilson and Brady's styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mue5Wgq ... ngsCovered
Fantastic! A+ analysis. He definitely has a future in that role.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:10 pm

Great video.

A couple of the comments jumped out at me...

"If the legion of boom is the greatest defense ever how can russell be anything less than great?
He went against them everyday!
These players need to get over whatever issues they have with Russ. It's like they're waiting for him to fail so they can say I told you so. That's why they didn't win more. Too much envy."

"That defense was very overrated.
As a rookie, Wilson had them 31 seconds from the NFC title game against the 49ers until the defense blew it in just 23 seconds.
In the SB, Russ gave them a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and they blew it.
Stop overrating those MFers
In 2011 they couldn't even get a winning season with Lynch, that defense and Tavaris Jackson.
2011-Jackson, 15 total touchdowns, 14 TDs with 13 INTs.
2012-Wilson, 34; total touchdowns, 29 TD passes with 11 INTs.
That was the difference Wilson made."

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:10 pm
Great video.

A couple of the comments jumped out at me...

"If the legion of boom is the greatest defense ever how can russell be anything less than great?
He went against them everyday!
These players need to get over whatever issues they have with Russ. It's like they're waiting for him to fail so they can say I told you so. That's why they didn't win more. Too much envy."

As a rookie, Wilson had them 31 seconds from the NFC title game against the 49ers until the defense blew it in just 23 seconds.
In 2011 they couldn't even get a winning season with Lynch, that defense and Tavaris Jackson.
Given the draft picks involved I will definitely rooting for him to fail this season. Not sure if I will ever root for him again though.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:52 pm

douche wrote:

People need to stop with the either/or debate. RW was really good. LOB was really good. Neither carried the other, both contributed to the success at different times, and both picked up the other when they failed. Pointing out a single play or single drive and acting like they weren't good because of it is revisionist bullshit and just completely inaccurate, ESPECIALLY when dealing with professional athletes on the best teams in the NFL that you know, sometimes succeed at what they're trying to do.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:14 pm

douche wrote:
Oh believe me, I agree RW made a lot of difference. He was a flat out baller/ play maker in his heyday.
But, I'm also waiting for him to fail and will enjoy when Sherm and co. say I told you so.
RW is not what he once was. His running and mobility is what made him special. Yes - he does have a great arm and can hit every
pass in the playbook. - IF HE CAN SEE THE RECEIVER!
Sherm is passively aggressively playing with RW while maintaining a professional appearance.
The question is will RW look like a star in an offense that depends on him being a Brady/Manning type producer of yardage?
If they storm that division, he's legit. Give him a jacket. "But, if he does not, then it's a whole different conversation." - Sherm.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm

I will wait on the excuses if it doesn't happen and they aren't Championship contenders. All the shit they said this off season, all the Broncos needed for all of these weapons was a guy like Russ....they kind of ended the ability for Russ to be bullet proof, didn't they? All we heard all season and off season was how the Broncos were just a QB away.

I think he had better weapons for the past three years here than he will there. I think his O Line has been pretty decent here, especially the past three years. He isn't going to Tampa Bay, but again, I think the Bucs O Line looks so good because of Tom, and I think a lot of the reason the Seahawks O Line has looked bad is because of Russ.

Go back a few years. Penny was a rookie, and we MAULED teams with Carson, Davis and Penny. I like Chris Carson, but come on, we ran the ball because our O Line beat dudes up, not because our Backs were the greatest. Yes, maybe they were better at run blocking than pass blocking, but THAT much worse? DK and Tyler are better than what he is going to be throwing to now. He doesn't have Jimmy Graham or even Gerald Everett now. How is his new offense going to be better than his old one?

I don't subscribe to PFF, so I am not sure what the rankings ended up last year, but according to this article, Russ is much better off in Denver. The projection has us dead last and Denver at 16. I am curious how Russ running around and being in the wrong spot will effect these guys that have never blocked for him. I can still remember several times early on where Duane Brown would turn around and look at him as he is getting off his ass from a sack and you could see the look on Brown's face was like "why the fuck are you here?" It is hard to block for a guy when you have no idea where he is going to be. Duane would have his guy sealed off and Russ goes outside of him, right into where Duane was blocking the guy.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... tiers-2022

This one had Denver at 19 last year. We were six spots lower at 25. WOW, what a major difference! :roll: :shock: :o Russ really got his wish. He has an injury riddled Courtland Sutton and a second year guy with the drops to throw to. Going to be funny watching the Broncos run the ball like it's Seattle 2014!

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm
This one had Denver at 19 last year. We were six spots lower at 25. WOW, what a major difference! :roll: :shock: :o Russ really got his wish. He has an injury riddled Courtland Sutton and a second year guy with the drops to throw to. Going to be funny watching the Broncos run the ball like it's Seattle 2014!
RW is at his best when the defense is biting hard on the run game. play action. In his early days as a QB, if Marshawn was being stuffed,
RW could manufacture the needed running threat himself by taking off running and demoralizing the defense. You don't see that
anymore. If there's no legit running threat and RW is throwing on every down, he's screwed. No matter how good the O-line is.
This is not going to change just because he moves to Denver and away from Pete.

But, if Denver has a good compliment run game, RW might look like a great QB. We'll see.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:21 pm

trharder wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm
RW is at his best when the defense is biting hard on the run game. play action. In his early days as a QB, if Marshawn was being stuffed,
RW could manufacture the needed running threat himself by taking off running and demoralizing the defense. You don't see that
anymore. If there's no legit running threat and RW is throwing on every down, he's screwed. No matter how good the O-line is.
This is not going to change just because he moves to Denver and away from Pete.

But, if Denver has a good compliment run game, RW might look like a great QB. We'll see.
Let's Ride....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:17 pm

trharder wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 pm

We had that the last two years, and we had what we witnessed last year, and the debacle that was the Rams playoff game the year before. The complaint he could have had was the year prior when with ZERO run game, we went into Green Bay and tried to beat Aaron Rodgers by running the ball. Late in the 3rd quarter we turned the game over to Russ, and it went from a blow out to a chance to win.

The beginning of the next season was more of the same, Russ lighting things up. Then? The defense took away the deep ball and he was screwed. Part of me wonders if it was a lot of his attitude, but another part of me thinks that he could no longer scramble to beat that two deep look, and since he couldn't see the middle of the field, he had to break contain and was then limited to just throwing the ball to one half or one quarter of the field. I don't see how that is going to change in Denver as I doubt he grows any taller to be able to see the middle of the field, and I doubt that a year of wear and tear on his body has made him faster.