Poll: position groups

What position groups do you feel best about going into this season?

Quarterbacks
No votes
Running backs
13%
Tight ends
10%
Offensive line
3%
Receivers
32%
Safeties
10%
Cornerbacks
10%
Linebackers
6%
Defensive line
6%
Kickers
10%

Total votes: 31

Sibelius Hindemith

Poll: position groups

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Pick up to three options. 8-)

SeattleAddict

Re: Poll: position groups

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:35 pm

there are only 3 position groups I feel good about at all: WR, S and P/K. Literally every other group has question marks. QB: obvious. RB: can Penny stay healthy... and is he what he was the last 6 weeks, or the 3.6 years before then? TE: is Noah Fant all potential, or for real? OL and DL: all kinds of questions. CB: huge question marks, relying a lot on unproven guys. LB: can Barton really replace BWagz? Do we even have any backups?

None of those groups are without potential, except for QB... but that's a pretty unimportant position so no big whoop.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:47 pm

RB, receivers and D-line. I think the dline is gonna be better than expected. Secondary has plenty of talent - they just need to get healthy. I think that tight end group will be good, too. Offense is almost stacked - but the QB room is weak. Oline will find itself.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:49 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:35 pm
there are only 3 position groups I feel good about at all: WR, S and P/K. Literally every other group has question marks. QB: obvious. RB: can Penny stay healthy... and is he what he was the last 6 weeks, or the 3.6 years before then? TE: is Noah Fant all potential, or for real? OL and DL: all kinds of questions. CB: huge question marks, relying a lot on unproven guys. LB: can Barton really replace BWagz? Do we even have any backups?

None of those groups are without potential, except for QB... but that's a pretty unimportant position so no big whoop.
The injuries in the secondary are scary but I think Bryant and Woolen will be the starters by Halloween. Agree on linebackers. Weakest group, one below QBs.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:18 pm

Wait a minute, Condotta has 3 LBs in the top 10 of all Seahawk players. How bad can they be?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:53 pm

who the heck said cornerbacks???

DT, is that you?

I like what I hear about Bryant, and Woolen's potential is intriguing, but hell, it was the weakest point of the team last year, and we lost our best guy. Going into the season, our best returning CB is Sidney Jones, and Artie Burns was starting on the opposite side last I checked. That isn't very impressive.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:53 pm
who the heck said cornerbacks???

DT, is that you?

I like what I hear about Bryant, and Woolen's potential is intriguing, but hell, it was the weakest point of the team last year, and we lost our best guy. Going into the season, our best returning CB is Sidney Jones, and Artie Burns was starting on the opposite side last I checked. That isn't very impressive.
:D Busted!!!! Just wait until Halloween and my Spooky prediction will haunt you!!
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 pm

:D Busted!!!! Just wait until Halloween and my Spooky prediction will haunt you!!
Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for the group, but the question was what group we feel most comfortable with. I'm hoping Bryant is a legit #1, Woolen becomes a faster Richard Sherman, Tre Brown returns from injury, and Artie Burns somehow forgets he's Artie Burns and plays up to his draft position.

If all works out, the group COULD be great. Right now Jones, Burns and Brown are all injured, though, so we'll probably get to see if the rookies can handle themselves in a couple days.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:25 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for the group, but the question was what group we feel most comfortable with. I'm hoping Bryant is a legit #1, Woolen becomes a faster Richard Sherman, Tre Brown returns from injury, and Artie Burns somehow forgets he's Artie Burns and plays up to his draft position.

If all works out, the group COULD be great. Right now Jones, Burns and Brown are all injured, though, so we'll probably get to see if the rookies can handle themselves in a couple days.
Injuries could be a blessing in disguise. We know PC is reticent to play rookies but now he might have to and there is a good chance the rooks are the best options.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Have Justin Coleman back at Nickel also.