D-train

Seahawks at Steelers Game Thread

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Never thought I would but I will be rooting for the Steelers #1 defense. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Seahawks at Steelers Game Thread

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Hopefully Geno and Drew will both play early in the game against the same defenses.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:27 pm
Doubt there will be very many starters playing today.
Only three preseason games. Starters will play at least 2 series imo.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:44 pm

One series against each QB one would hope.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:49 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:44 pm
One series against each QB one would hope.
I would think Geno goes for two series and then Lock but who knows.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:51 pm

How insane is it that the M's are very likely to make the playoffs and this is by far the least likely for the Hawks to make it in the past decade. This would keep the 46 season streak alive of both of them never making the playoffs in the same year. Maybe next year is the year.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:57 pm

dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:35 pm

I truly don't understand the rooting for Geno to fail part. We get it, you want Lock to start, but Jesus Christ don't you want it to be because he's GOOD, and not because he sucks less than Geno?? I'm here wishing for a RW-beats-out-Matt-Flynn scenario and you're rooting for Stan-Gelbaugh-beats-Kelly-Stouffer season.

Lock's gonna get his shot, let's see what he can do with it. He couldn't beat out the ultimate NFL QB gatekeeper Teddy Bridgewater, so if he can't beat out Geno then let's not force the issue.

This preseason will be different, though. Without an established starter at QB, will they split it a half a piece? How much time does Eason get?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:39 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:35 pm
I truly don't understand the rooting for Geno to fail part. We get it, you want Lock to start, but Jesus Christ don't you want it to be because he's GOOD, and not because he sucks less than Geno?? I'm here wishing for a RW-beats-out-Matt-Flynn scenario and you're rooting for Stan-Gelbaugh-beats-Kelly-Stouffer season.

Lock's gonna get his shot, let's see what he can do with it. He couldn't beat out the ultimate NFL QB gatekeeper Teddy Bridgewater, so if he can't beat out Geno then let's not force the issue.

This preseason will be different, though. Without an established starter at QB, will they split it a half a piece? How much time does Eason get?
Its because I want Lock to roll with the ones starting next week and never look back. If Geno plays pretty well PC might continue with this rotation nonsense. If Geno plays poorly and Lock plays just OK, I won't be happy.

Oh and don't worry, PC blocked my phone number YEARs ago so I can't force the issue. lol
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm

no, you want Lock to start NO MATTER WHAT... which is nonsense. You want him to get the starting reps, to get the snaps, for Pete to play him more, etc - and I honestly am beginning to think it's just so you can be right.

I want the better QB to play. We need Lock to WIN that job, to earn it. If he hasn't earned the starting reps, then he won't get them, and I don't want him to waste the team's time.

It would be great if Lock ended up being a stud, but if he's a stud it will show and he'll get plenty of opportunities, starting in a few hours.