D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

SeattleAddict

Re: D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:00 am

little anecdote: I'm not 100% sure it was the same game as it was 30+ years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was against UCLA, so this might apply.

Like 6 or 7 years later I was talking to Chico Fraley, who was the stud MLB of those incredible defenses. He was still upset about that because he messed up on the big run play that turned the game. I don't remember the details, but he's the one that said he was out of position and gave up the play.

Kinda tells you how dominant that defense was if you remember the one play you fucked up in 3 years.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:25 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:00 am
little anecdote: I'm not 100% sure it was the same game as it was 30+ years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was against UCLA, so this might apply.

Like 6 or 7 years later I was talking to Chico Fraley, who was the stud MLB of those incredible defenses. He was still upset about that because he messed up on the big run play that turned the game. I don't remember the details, but he's the one that said he was out of position and gave up the play.

Kinda tells you how dominant that defense was if you remember the one play you fucked up in 3 years.
It was a long TD run, and at the time I think it felt like we had turned the tide. Then that? Shit happens, that attacking defense, you miss a gap and they hit it? Not much behind you. We just didn't miss often. Oh what could have been!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:51 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:14 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:16 pm

I disagree. They look like last year's team only with a healthy McCaffrey.
Their losses:

1. The Bears (pre Jimmy G so we can forget that one)
2. The Broncos (impressive they only lost by 1 given the Broncos have a HOF QB) :lol:
3. The Falcons (Lost by TWO touchdowns)
4. The Chiefs (got drilled by three TDs and lost by 21)

Their wins:

1. The Hawks (This was basically still a preseason game according to PC)
2. The Rams (we now know the Rams suck)
3. The Panthers (horrid team)
4. The Rams (ditto to #2)
5. The Chargers (who you just said are terrible)

Not a single impressive win or loss in the bunch.
Do that with our wins and losses and let me know what you find out. They run the football and play defense. The Chiefs are really good and that Bears game was played in a monsoon. If we lost that game, in the same manor as the Bears, we would still be making up excuses. I didn't get to see much of the Bronco or Falcon losses, but I remember the Atlanta one seeming pretty flukey. Trust me, the Niners are much closer to the team that kicked the shit out of us than they are to the team that lost to Atlanta.

That said, if you can somehow get them out of their run game, you have a chance. I am not so sure I have much faith in us being able to do that, because you either have to be able to stop the run, or get out to a big lead. Not sure we are going to do either of those things against the Niners. If they win this weekend, which they should, they will be in first place. I have read enough of your posts to know you think we are a pretty good team. Hard to say they aren't then, right?
Our losses: ( only one by more than one score)

1. The 49er (PC was constraining the offense with a straight jacket and we lost to the mighty SB bound 49ers)
2. The Falcons (our defense was going with the inane read and react nonsense and still almost beat them on the final drive and lost by 4)
3. The Saints (once again our D was going with a scheme devised on an elementary school playground and lost by 7)
4. The Bucs (lost to the greatest QB in NFL history in a game that started at 6:30am PST and lost by 5)

Our wins:

1. The Broncos (At the time they were thought to be a SB contender led by a HOF QB)
2. The Lions (scored 48 points and won with the idiotic D scheme still in place)
3. The Cards (beat a team by 10 and held them to 9 points that just beat the Rams)
4. The Cards (ditto to #2)
5. The Giants (beat a team that came in with just one loss by 14 points. They are now 7-2)
6. The Chargers (beat team everyone expected in the playoffs on the road by 14)

Can't possibly look at those two schedules and results and say the 49ers have had a more impressive season..
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:24 pm

Pretty sure every team that lost an NFL game could come up with a similar list if excuses.

One team bear the shit out of the other. That team was one play from the Super Bowl and added Christian McCaffrey. The other team added Geno.

I am not saying we can't win the division, but to talk this team up and then bash the team that 1. Will probably be tied for first with us in a couple of days and 2. Kicked the everloving shit out of us?

I mean, if we whooped the Rams and McVey blamed it on his two Tackles and how vanilla they had to play? You'd buy into it? 7 games left, gun to my head I we get jnto the playoffs but the Niners win the division.

The 6:30 am kick excuse doesn't fly with me. We had guys still wearing the wrong cleats in the 4th quarter. Totally correctable. If Brooks doesn't slip on the 3rd and long screen pass? The Bucs go three and out and Punt it back to us with plenty of time left. Put the right fuckinf shoes on!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm

I think we will know a lot more after Sunday night football. We know exactly what the Cards are now. We beat them by 10 both games. If the 49ers do that or better then yeah but if they squeak out win or lose then they will be who I thought they are.... :)
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm
I think we will know a lot more after Sunday night football. We know exactly what the Cards are now. We beat them by 10 both games. If the 49ers do that or better then yeah but if they squeak out win or lose then they will be who I thought they are.... :)
I've never bought into that, comparing scores. The Rams have been an absolute thorn in our side for some time. The 49ers? 12 and 4 in the past 16 against them. When we have been very good, mediocre to bad Cardinal teams have beaten us. Hell, Jeff Fisher used to give Pete fits, even when his Rams teams were dogshit. Sometimes it's about matchups. That said, I expect the Cards to get beat up by the Niners. The only real chance the Cards have is if Jimmy G. does something dumb.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:11 pm

I have 4 points right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:26 pm

So Damn Cowboys can't beat the damn Packers but are now beating the team tied with the best record in The NFL???
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:24 am

OMG just when you thought the nightmare couldn't get any worse for RW. Now the Denver D coughs one up. Whoa! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:28 am

What pick are the Hawks getting this upcoming draft? Broncos first? Broncos are a shitshow