D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:48 pm

They should have talked with team reps separately and given both teams a choice of continuing or not. If only one team chose not to continue then they would forfeit and take the loss. If both teams chose not to continue then call it a tie or whatever. Maybe that is how it happened, i don't know.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:02 pm

Would be interesting to know how the Bengals owner and GM felt about calling off the game, not the PR garbage but what they said to each other in private.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:03 pm

Not enough room in my brain to care about Bengels Bills hfa honestly. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:03 pm
It’s a precedent being set. And I hate bias. Every move the NFL made, IMO, was to placate the Bills. It was very PC. The Bengals have no shot at HFA despite being ahead in the game and marching at the time? The Chiefs lose HFA because the Bills MIGHT have won, but the Bengals aren’t afforded the same reasonable doubt?

Again, name something they did after the game that didn’t benefit Buffalo? Hell, the only way they could have made it more obvious would have been to simply give the Bills the W.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:03 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:53 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:03 pm
It’s a precedent being set. And I hate bias. Every move the NFL made, IMO, was to placate the Bills. It was very PC. The Bengals have no shot at HFA despite being ahead in the game and marching at the time? The Chiefs lose HFA because the Bills MIGHT have won, but the Bengals aren’t afforded the same reasonable doubt?

Again, name something they did after the game that didn’t benefit Buffalo? Hell, the only way they could have made it more obvious would have been to simply give the Bills the W.
Not arguing anything, I am sure you guys are right, its just out of my realm of concern. I guess there is an infinitesimal chance the Hawks will be negatively impacted by something like it in the future but I shall jump off that bridge if I get to it.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:16 pm

I think it speaks to how afraid of the woke leftist dominated media the NFL has become that they have gone so far to "show compassion" for the Bills' situation while giving the middle finger to everyone else impacted by it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:28 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:16 pm
I think it speaks to how afraid of the woke leftist dominated media the NFL has become that they have gone so far to "show compassion" for the Bills' situation while giving the middle finger to everyone else impacted by it.
This. They were TERRIFIED of the way people would have freaked out if they did anything that didn't benefit the Bills. Right or wrong? Fuck that, let's worry about what the people considering themselves victims would have screamed about.

It was a horrible incident, and I feel for ALL the players, not just the ones that were on the field that day. But the Bills shouldn't have profited from this, and they sure as fuck did. A home game they probably wouldn't have earned followed by what could be a neutral site game they more than likely wouldn't have earned. All because the NFL was afraid of blow back. It was a very Biden thing to do. Pretty much why a WNBA player was freed from a foreign country. Placate the vocal minority.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:58 am

Will anyone dare take a road team this weekend?
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:21 am

Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:48 pm
They should have talked with team reps separately and given both teams a choice of continuing or not. If only one team chose not to continue then they would forfeit and take the loss. If both teams chose not to continue then call it a tie or whatever. Maybe that is how it happened, i don't know.
As I understood it the decision to not continue was made after the teams returned to the locker rooms. It wasn't a formal vote but the players were in no mood to continue

After he was taken away in an ambulance, Bengals Coach Zac Taylor crossed the field to confer with Bills Coach Sean McDermott and the game officials.

Taylor later said that McDermott had told him, “I need to be at the hospital for Damar, and I shouldn’t be coaching this game.” The players from both teams headed back to their locker rooms, and at around 10 p.m. — about an hour after Hamlin collapsed — the game was suspended.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:21 am
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:48 pm
As I understood it the decision to not continue was made after the teams returned to the locker rooms. It wasn't a formal vote but the players were in no mood to continue
That was the decision to suspend the game. Cancelling it occurred later that week. They could have resumed it Tuesday or even Wednesday. That precedent was set during COVID. THEN? When for some reason even though Hamlin was recovering, they decided to not do that? They COULD have played the game the next week. Removed the RIDICULOUS Bye week between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl and not had to worry about any of this. They didn't want to upset anyone, so they did the easy thing, which was to make sure the Bills had every advantage in the world. Can you imagine the absolute OUTRAGE at this if it had occurred five or six years ago and benefitted Belichek, Brady and the Pats!?