Adams likely toast for the season...

Donn Beach

Re: Adams likely toast for the season...

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:09 pm

Picking Adams would be like picking heads on a flip because it had already come up five straight times. There was a good chance of his getting injured again to begin with regardless of his injury history. That he was injured again doesn't mean he is injury prone, it's a statistical function like flipping a coin

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:09 pm
Picking Adams would be like picking heads on a flip because it had already come up five straight times. There was a good chance of his getting injured again to begin with regardless of his injury history. That he was injured again doesn't mean he is injury prone, it's a statistical function like flipping a coin
I think it is somewhere in between...You can say that it prior injuries should NOT increase the likelihood of a new unrelated injury but if you were to choose between him and Brooks. I don't think you can say Brooks was just as likely to get injured.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm

Sure I can, I'd look at Adams like the coin flip, what's the chances of six heads in a row...

But how about this. What if we were to bet between Brookes and Adams who was more likely to blow out their knee. You would pick adams because he had previously broken his finger and injured his shoulder. Okay, but what does that have to do with blowing out a knee?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:25 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm
Sure I can, I'd look at Adams like the coin flip, what's the chances of six heads in a row...

But how about this. What if we were to bet between Brookes and Adams who was more likely to blow out their knee. You would pick adams because he had previously broken his finger and injured his shoulder. Okay, but what does that have to do with blowing out a knee?
Yeah, like I said I can see your point but I am still somewhere in the middle...

Curious to hear what Gametime thinks? :lol:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Right now we are arguing terminology. Is he injury "prone"? Who the fuck cares...he is injured, a fucking LOT!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:49 pm
Right now we are arguing terminology. Is he injury "prone"? Who the fuck cares...he is injured, a fucking LOT!
Exactly. Should we think more highly of him because he has injured many body parts instead of the same one over and over?
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:10 pm

I don't think one way or the other, it sucks he has been injured a lot, don't hold it against him, don't think more highly of him. If it had been Brookes with the knee injury that would have sucked. There is a likelihood of a hawk player getting a knee injury on most any given play, it happened to be Adams on that one

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm

The 2022 season marks the first year of that deal, which runs through 2025, though there is no guaranteed money left on the contract other than $2.56 million of his 2023 base salary of $11 million that becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster on Feb. 4, 2023.
I am not even going to pretend like I understand the salary cap, but doesn't this mean if we cut him before February 4th that the cap hit is just 2.26? Wouldn't that make more sense than paying him $11 million to barely play? He will go somewhere and be an All Pro, but at a fraction of the $11 million.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... subscriber

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:32 pm
So who steps into Adams spot?

douche

Post by douche » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:07 pm

I think injuries are a combination of things. Sometimes it's poor preparation, where a player just hasn't worked himself into game shape. Other times, it's genetics. Some players are more fragile than others. Some players are reckless, they give it their all, hoping to keep their job by sacrificing their bodies in ways that other players wouldn't. And others never recover from initial injuries, which can set them up to be injured again and again. Then there are the fluke injuries (finger caught in a helmet, etc.).

Indeed, it's unfortunate with Adams, when one considers what the team gave up to acquire him.